Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Request to all Members

Request to all Members

Can we please stop with the childish Darelle Revis bar jokes? Our best player just injured his knee which usually means a long time off of the field and I for one do not think bar jokes are funny or appropriate.
    It is not as if we do not need Darelle to be a playoff contender, right?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    Can we please stop with the childish Darelle Revis bar jokes? Our best player just injured his knee which usually means a long time off of the field and I for one do not think bar jokes are funny or appropriate.

Thanks
    thank you amen.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    +1

A player's actions, good or bad, are fair game for comment, humorous or otherwise. Okay, patron?

All League
    are the jokes any good? I missed them.

All League
    Is this Russia, Danny?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post

A player's actions, good or bad, are fair game for comment, humorous or otherwise. Okay, patron?
    This man gets it.

Plus... whatever we do or say on here is not going to make the injury heal and more quickly or any more slowly. +1 on the were the jokes any good? question.

I would amend this post and ask Jets fans to enjoy yesterday's W that has us in first place in the division.

as ugly as it was, the W is all that counts or really matters in the end. how many times have we complained that the Pasts* or some other rival always manage to pull wins out of their asses while we constantly find new ways to blow games? well, we reached deep into the abyss to pull out that game yesterday.

this team has many issues that need to be addressed, but a division win on the road should never be discounted.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    I would amend this post and ask Jets fans to enjoy yesterday's W that has us in first place in the division.

as ugly as it was, the W is all that counts or really matters in the end. how many times have we complained that the Pasts* or some other rival always manage to pull wins out of their asses while we constantly find new ways to blow games? well, we reached deep into the abyss to pull out that game yesterday.

this team has many issues that need to be addressed, but a division win on the road should never be discounted.
    Nobody here is giving back the win Dirtstar. None of that changes the product this team put on the field yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    Nobody here is giving back the win Dirtstar. None of that changes the product this team put on the field yesterday.
    a lot of people yesterday were ready to give back the win, with some "better off losing" posts.

I agree with you that the Jets need to get better, and fast, if we expect to have a successful season.

but if the team is gonna be a work in progress, I'll take as many wins as they can get during the "learning" portion of the process. that way we won't be desperately playing catch-up later in the season if/when the team gets it together.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post

Thank you.

How players, coaches and FO perform and handle themselves is FAIR GAME. Posters aren't fair game.

Some people need to stop the idol worshiping.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Thank you.

How players, coaches and FO perform and handle themselves is FAIR GAME. Posters aren't fair game.

Some people need to stop the idol worshiping.

The freedom to attack any poster who criticizes this team in any way is a learned behavior and the people who have be given free reign to do so are only now being invited to stop doing that. It may take a while for the message to get through.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Here Here. Or as we used to say back in the day in Shea (Him, Him, F#%K Him).

I have had several concussions in my life and the last place I should have been was in a bar. This will show that he really just had a head injury and the league wouldn't let him play last week. Still. You are a public figure and unfortunately a role model so, stay at home.

As far as commenting goes.....................I have this to say. An adjunct to the 'Him' cheer from Shea. (You, You F#%K You!).

It's the only recourse we have. Suck it up.

I've been 'dark' for the past 10 days due to exams, with the lone 6.5 hours I spent actually watching the two games.

I logged on late last night for the first time, and saw tons of bar references to Revis. I have no idea what it's about.

Anyone care to explain?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    I've been 'dark' for the past 10 days due to exams, with the lone 6.5 hours I spent actually watching the two games.

I logged on late last night for the first time, and saw tons of bar references to Revis. I have no idea what it's about.

Anyone care to explain?
    He was seen and photographed in a bar during the game last week. Just poor judgement on his part, but no reason for some of the posters to call out the rest.

HIM HIM!!!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Is this Russia, Danny?
    lol

Be the ball.

Thanks
    We're NOT a playoff contender WITH him. I wasn't making jokes, but this team IS a joke.

Jets Insider VIP

Thanks
    Not to mention, a poster here saw him at the bar and never saw him with a drink in his hand.

All Pro
    So an injured cornerback walks into a bar....

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by brady's a catcher View Post
    So an injured cornerback walks into a bar....