Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 35 of 35

Thread: After Watching The Game Again

  1. #21
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    New York, New York
    Posts
    6,324
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    And I'll say this again....

    There should be serious questions to how well Rex and his staff DEVELOP players.

    Drafting a player is just the beginning of a players evaluation...How that player performs in the NFL is primarily a reflection of the coaching staff.
    Excellent point and wondered the samething myself. For Wilk being a 1st rounder and Coples being a spectator not playing much also the fact Wilson looks like hot garbage. Makes you wonder what kind of CS do have developing our players.
    Last edited by IRONFAN 40; 09-24-2012 at 10:21 AM.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    3 games in, I don't see a well coached football team...Just like the 2011 team

    And the DL which is supposed to be the strength of this team, especially with the hiring of DL Coach Karl Dunbar, has been the biggest disappointment so far...

    Has a DLineman recorded a sack yet?
    + infinity

  3. #23
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    13,033
    Quote Originally Posted by KRL View Post

    - The best part of the team so far this year is the special teams. Folk has
    continued his excellent camp and in Malone it looks like we finally have an
    NFL caliber punter, shocking
    Until he shanks a few and we'll throw him out with the trash la Weatherford.

  4. #24
    Said it when he was drafted - people expecting big things out of Hill this year were going to be very disappointed. The guy caught 28 passes his senior season...why would he catch more in his first year of NFL duty?

    He's not ready and shouldn't be the starter. Sanchez threw a terrible pass in the first quarter into triple coverage, but it hit Hill in the hands! The 6'4 guy has to win some of those occasionally, and he's not ready to do that. Time to give Schilens a shot...he can't do worse than 0 catches in 120 minutes.

    On defense, I'm still hopeful that Coples gets it together, but it was admittedly frustrating to see Jones and Upshaw getting key snaps and making plays for their teams last night.

    Other than Slauson (and maybe Kerley), it's sad to say that since 2009, the Jets don't have a single draft pick that's playing up to or beyond his draft status. At this point you can't say that they definitively "hit" on a single one of those other picks. Not a way to sustain in the NFL.

  5. #25
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Westchester
    Posts
    1,641
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post

    On defense, I'm still hopeful that Coples gets it together, but it was admittedly frustrating to see Jones and Upshaw getting key snaps and making plays for their teams last night.

    Upshaw is the one who looked physically stout and football smart last night. Jones? Not so much - nothing of note.

    Let's all recall that Coples was sick this week. He's had some conditioning issues this season and until I hear otherwise I am just thinking that he didn't have much in the tank for this game.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by IRONFAN 40 View Post
    Excellent point and wondered the samething myself. For Wilk being a 1st rounder and Coples being a spectator not playing much also the fact Wilson looks like hot garbage. Makes you wonder what kind of CS do have developing our players.
    when rex is playing dixon and greene and connor ahead of powell and coples it really makes you wonder how much we all should be blaming tanny vs. rex. yesterday the jets had holmes, schillens, hill, cumberland and kerley. holmes is the only one who's played a full season in the nfl and it's not conducive to winning games.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    He's not ready and shouldn't be the starter. Sanchez threw a terrible pass in the first quarter into triple coverage, but it hit Hill in the hands!.
    Couldn't disagree more... Under heavy pressure and that pass was money... That's an elite throw.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    when rex is playing dixon and greene and connor ahead of powell and coples it really makes you wonder how much we all should be blaming tanny vs. rex. yesterday the jets had holmes, schillens, hill, cumberland and kerley. holmes is the only one who's played a full season in the nfl and it's not conducive to winning games.
    1 down

    Pro Football Mgmt ‏@HowardShatsky
    The NY Jets called to inform me they are releasing DL Marcus Dixon.

  9. #29
    All League
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Fishers, Indiana
    Posts
    4,065
    Quote Originally Posted by Braumeister View Post
    Luckily his issue is correctable. He's catching with his body, which is a no-no.
    Tone has been catching the ball with his body a lot too I've notice.

    Sanchez missed on a couple of deep shots, but he's also getting no help whatsoever from his WRs.

    They need to give Kerely and Powell expanded roles. These guys, if given a chance could be good playmakers. Most certainly better than what we have out there.

  10. #30
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Charm City Region
    Posts
    889
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    1 down

    Pro Football Mgmt ‏@HowardShatsky
    The NY Jets called to inform me they are releasing DL Marcus Dixon.
    Glad to hear that. I think the guy has been nice the last couple of years but he has fell off the face of the Earth with his play this year. No strength or anchor what so ever.

  11. #31
    All League
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Fishers, Indiana
    Posts
    4,065
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Joe Caporoso ‏@TurnOnTheJets
    Regardless of what happens with Revis - Mike T would be wise to cut his losses with the Tebow experiment and Greene. Get what you can



    I like this idea and agree..It won't happen though

    Revis injury would be a perfect excuse to get away with trading Tebow now. Does Jax have any CBs we would want? I don't see any other takers for Tebow at this time.

  12. #32
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Cape Cod, MA
    Posts
    3,594
    tell you what I saw re-watching the game: Incognito forearmed Revis in the head after he went down. Dique.

  13. #33
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Forked River, NJ
    Posts
    4,731
    Quote Originally Posted by KRL View Post
    The best part of the team so far this year is the special teams. Folk has continued his excellent camp and in Malone it looks like we finally have an NFL caliber punter, shocking
    Alas, I am sad to say he will have many opportunities to further hone his craft this season.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    Revis injury would be a perfect excuse to get away with trading Tebow now. Does Jax have any CBs we would want? I don't see any other takers for Tebow at this time.
    Dwight Lowery

  15. #35
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ithaca College by way of New Jersey
    Posts
    1,849
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Couldn't disagree more... Under heavy pressure and that pass was money... That's an elite throw.
    Stafford makes that throw all the time to Megatron, the difference is that Calvin Johnson catches it.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us