Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: After Watching The Game Again

All League

After Watching The Game Again

- The only player on defense that did anything was Landry with the pick 6.
    Other than him it was an abysmal performance. Missed tackles again, bad
    run defense, no sacks. The D-Line was incredibly disappointing and if Revis
    is out for the season they better start getting productive. There's too much
    talent and depth to have that kind of effort

- Powell should be the starting RB. Greene has shown nothing other than
    running into the back of his blockers everytime he gets the ball. The O-Line
    actually played better than they'll get credit for. When Powell ran the ball
    he got 4.5 yards a pop when Greene ran it was under 3. If you want to
    call Greene the "starter" because he goes out on the first offensive play
    of the game fine but he's shown nothing

- I'm tired of Sanchez comments after the game, "I've got to make that
    throw". It's your fourth year stop saying it and make the stinking throws!!!

- The O-Line did a decent job with the amount of pressure MIA brought. And
    as I said before if Powell was given the majority of the carries the rushing
    totals would have been better

- Hill I know you're a rookie but catch a ball. Your lack of experience is no
    excuse for dropping balls in your hands

- The best part of the team so far this year is the special teams. Folk has
    continued his excellent camp and in Malone it looks like we finally have an
    NFL caliber punter, shocking

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KRL View Post
    - The only player on defense that did anything was Landry with the pick 6.
    Other than him it was an abysmal performance. Missed tackles again, bad
    run defense, no sacks. The D-Line was incredibly disappointing and if Revis
    is out for the season they better start getting productive. There's too much
    talent and depth to have that kind of effort
    Totally agree. D-Line got pushed around, which was the biggest issue yesterday.

- Powell should be the starting RB. Greene has shown nothing other than
    running into the back of his blockers everytime he gets the ball. The O-Line
    actually played better than they'll get credit for. When Powell ran the ball
    he got 4.5 yards a pop when Greene ran it was under 3. If you want to
    call Greene the "starter" because he goes out on the first offensive play
    of the game fine but he's shown nothing
    Greene is the second coming of Lamont Jordan. Good complimentary back who you use to finish teams off late in a game, but nowhere near an every down back.

- I'm tired of Sanchez comments after the game, "I've got to make that
    throw". It's your fourth year stop saying it and make the stinking throws!!!
    Agreed.

- The O-Line did a decent job with the amount of pressure MIA brought. And
    as I said before if Powell was given the majority of the carries the rushing
    totals would have been better
    Overall I agree, but Austin Howard struggled against Cam Wake on passing downs.

- Hill I know you're a rookie but catch a ball. Your lack of experience is no
    excuse for dropping balls in your hands
    Actually that's his problem. He's trying to catch them with his body, not his hands. The TD drop bounced off his chest.

- The best part of the team so far this year is the special teams. Folk has
    continued his excellent camp and in Malone it looks like we finally have an
    NFL caliber punter, shocking
    Agree.

All League
    as most know i am not a sanchez supporter at all.....but these wr's are not good......yes hill is a rookie but he sucks at this point....he simply cant catch the football. he cant!!

Jets Insider VIP
    While there were 1-2 overthrown balls, our WRs are sucking it so far.

But Tone picked up in the 2nd half.

Veteran
    All good points. This was one of the worst games I've ever seen from Pouha. He was consistently getting driven off the line of scrimmage, which was a big part of why Reggie Bush looked so good before he got hurt.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DBAKE View Post
    as most know i am not a sanchez supporter at all.....but these wr's are not good......yes hill is a rookie but he sucks at this point....he simply cant catch the football. he cant!!
    Luckily his issue is correctable. He's catching with his body, which is a no-no.

that was so painful to watch the first time - how the hell do you watch a 2nd time so quickly?

3 games in, I don't see a well coached football team...Just like the 2011 team

And the DL which is supposed to be the strength of this team, especially with the hiring of DL Coach Karl Dunbar, has been the biggest disappointment so far...

Has a DLineman recorded a sack yet?

- The only player on defense that did anything was Landry with the pick 6. Other than him it was an abysmal performance. Missed tackles again, bad run defense, no sacks. The D-Line was incredibly disappointing and if Revis is out for the season they better start getting productive. There's too much talent and depth to have that kind of effort
    I dunno about the 'only' player. Revis played well other than one missed tackle, seemed like the only guy who was able to tackle Reggie Bush on first contact. David Harris and Bart Scott had to make a lotta tackles, which isnt a good sign for our D-Line. I do seriously have to wonder why Rex isnt playing Coples. I understand when Reggie Bush was the focus of the offense, but after he was injured it became largely a passing offense, so you would think Coples should have seen some action to try to generate some pass rush. Wilkerson made some plays. Maybin needs to get better at finishing his tackles.

- Powell should be the starting RB. Greene has shown nothing other than running into the back of his blockers everytime he gets the ball. The O-Line actually played better than they'll get credit for. When Powell ran the ball he got 4.5 yards a pop when Greene ran it was under 3. If you want to call Greene the "starter" because he goes out on the first offensive play of the game fine but he's shown nothing
    Agreed. Whenever I watch another team play, I get jealous of their running back... I see the holes our guys open up and where Green gets 3 yards Reggie Bush would have gotten 7. Green plays more like a fullback than a running back, always trying to run through the defender, instead of cutting towards a hole or causing a player to miss. Looks like hes trying to make a block, not carry the rock. You did see Powell cause a few defenders to miss and pick up an additional few yards though. Hes just a faster runner, better lateral quickness.. and it shows right away. It was a refreshing change.

- I'm tired of Sanchez comments after the game, "I've got to make that throw". It's your fourth year stop saying it and make the stinking throws!!!
    Not a great game by Sanchez. The interception, and several botched passes were directly due to his poor receiving core, but he had at least 5 open receivers that he flat out missed. Would they have caught the ball if it was thrown on their numbers? Maybe. Who knows with this crew, but I would have liked to seen them try at least. He did come through when it counted, as other posters have pointed out. What was he 6-18 with 77 yards in the first half? If you told me he was gonna finish the game with over 300 yards I would have laughed in your face.

- The O-Line did a decent job with the amount of pressure MIA brought. And as I said before if Powell was given the majority of the carries the rushing totals would have been better
    I was dissapointed with the O-Line on the short 3rd and 1s. Especially at the goal line. Figured we would get more push up the middle on the play where Green tried to jump over the goal.

- Hill I know you're a rookie but catch a ball. Your lack of experience is no excuse for dropping balls in your hands
    Yea. I really don't know what to think of this guy. I am betting that Sanchez is beginning to realize that he is going to HAVE TO throw to Santonio in key situations... even if he is double covered... which he WILL be after more teams realize that he is our only serious pass catching option. Really seems like Kerley or Shillenz may have to replace Hill as our staring reciever on that side. Hopefully Dustin Keller can give Sanchez another outlet, though Cumberland played better than I expected. Its funny how we get so caught up about a reciever's measurables during the draft, and we seem to undervalue his hands and pass catching ability. Times like these I am reminded of Wayne Chrebet... or even Jerricho Cotchery.

- The best part of the team so far this year is the special teams. Folk has continued his excellent camp and in Malone it looks like we finally have an NFL caliber punter, shocking
    The kickers have been outstanding. Even the kickoffs seem to go further than last year. I questioned Westhoff's choice to get rid of Conley so late in the game but Malone has been a godsend. Four of his Six punts were inside the 20. So nice to have a real punter! God knows this team is gonna need it.
    Last edited by MadCroatian; 09-24-2012 at 09:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    3 games in, I don't see a well coached football team...Just like the 2011 team

And the DL which is supposed to be the strength of this team, especially with the hiring of DL Coach Karl Dunbar, has been the biggest disappointment so far...

Has a DLineman recorded a sack yet?
    THIS is a fact.

All League
    Another question, why did we see so much of McIntyre and so little of
    Coples in our 4 man fronts.

Another question, why did we see so much of McIntyre and so little of
    Coples in our 4 man fronts.
    wait....a 1st rounder outplayed by a 5 year practice squad player???

Welcome to Tannys world. where UDFAs must play because our top draft picks underperform for 3 years running.

Joe Caporoso ‏@TurnOnTheJets
    Regardless of what happens with Revis - Mike T would be wise to cut his losses with the Tebow experiment and Greene. Get what you can

I like this idea and agree..It won't happen though

Regardless of what happens with Revis - Mike T would be wise to cut his losses with the Tebow experiment and Greene. Get what you can

Would be brilliant actually. They're just forcing those two when everyone knows they're not being productive. Be consistent. Stick with Sanchez and Powell and ride it out that way.

Where were Couples and Wilkerson? Where was Maybin? We got no pressure and the Miami O line dominated our guys. Kyle Wilson still doesn't turn his head when the ball is in the air. The entire defense is in disarray. With Revis likely gone for an extended period this is about as depressing of a development as could be. Without him our D is just OK. The problem now is that a below average offense combined with an average D equals a losing season.

I've never been so disheartened after a win. Is there any doubt that we will be completely dominated in the next two weeks by SF and Houston? I don't see any scenario where we steal one. Then it will be a challenge taking on Indy before getting smoked by the Pats.

I agree with the OP. Hill has been garbage. We all hoped we were getting our Julio Jones but it's looking more like we got Ted Ginn instead. Kerley looks good but he's no Victor Cruz. The lack of speed limits his value somewhat. This game showed once again that Green is not good enough. He is an average back with poor vision and no moves whatsoever. Powell should be starting for sure. Why haven't we picked up Hightower from the scrap heap for a tryout yet? Sanchez was his usual self as well which isn't very good. His teammates didn't help much but at some point the consistency needs to show up. There were two or three plays which would have changed the game which were missed or dropped. Its frustrating.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    THIS is a fact.
    Well, a win is a win, Espc in today's NFL.

I think the issue is partly coaching but also partly on the front office, because the overall stated strategic plan of the Jets is a bit too wide-ranging. I'm not just talking about the Wildcat - I'm talking about trying to be that, plus a ground-and-pound team, plus letting Mark drop back 45 times, plus everything else on the d side.

Jets have quite a few 'between' players without nicely defined roles. One of the positives yesterday was Mark starting to find trust with Santonio and Kerley. Mark also spread the ball around well AND is looking like he understands better how to move around in a busy pocket. Add the encouraging play of bilal and perhaps a healthy Keller - and suddenly the Jets look to be developing an offensive identity for 2012.

It's up to the coaches to recognize it. Its up to coaches to let go of the idea that Greene, Tebow and McKnight and Hill are big pieces of our identity. I don't care if there is no fear from our offense for other teams - its kind of irrelevant. Give me a core that is in a tight groove and we will win more than we lose.

The D has issues - maybe even worse with the Revis injury. Jets are going to have to score points to win and I just hope the FO and staff are flexible enough to let the team concentrate on its real strengths - however modest they may be.
    Last edited by adpz; 09-24-2012 at 09:59 AM.

And I'll say this again....

There should be serious questions to how well Rex and his staff DEVELOP players.

Drafting a player is just the beginning of a players evaluation...How that player performs in the NFL is primarily a reflection of the coaching staff.

Veteran
    I dunno but the Jets looked like they had a hangover from the Steeler game. The Jets did not come in there with a upper cut rather just jabs. Not taking anything away from the Dolphins but it just looked like a blah effort from the Jets...

Don't underestimate Dustin Keller coming back either, I think Sanchez has really missed him in 3rd down and goal line spots.

Banned

I wonder if they can get something out of Jacksonville for Tebow.