Thread: Random, unorganized football thoughts through week 3

Random, unorganized football thoughts through week 3

Last night's game was one of the most fun non-Jets game I've seen since the '04-'08 run of Ravens/Steelers matchups. Although the refs need to get it together, it was awesome to see the physical, emotional game that it was. Even sweeter that Belichick lost, and then lost his cool.
    --------------------------------------------
    I wish my UConn Huskies had a consistent football team, but I'm happy to see the football team of my childhood (ND) playing so well.
    - 3 games played, three controversial plays which each should have been overturned upon further review, yet were upheld at the expense of the Jets.
    1) 1st INT of the season, the Bills player comes down OB.
    2) Dwyer's knee was down in the backfield, and a Jets fumble recover could be argued as well.
    3) Fasano's catch yesterday.

I've given the refs the benefit of the doubt, saying that it should be on the NFL to replace people who just aren't fit for the job...but when you have time to go back and review, and still get it wrong, 3 GAMES IN A ROW, it's on you.
    - Media around the nation getting on the scheduling committee for having the Ravens play a Sunday night game followed by a Thursday night game. Both at home.

I didn't hear anything about how disadvantaged the Jets were last season playing Sunday night against the Pats and then going a mile high to play the Broncos the following Thursday night.

I hate the NY media.
    -------------------------------------------
    - I love this Jets team, and if Hill would catch some of the passes that hit his hands, we'd be in much better position than we already are.
    The Falcons and 49ers are MUCH better than I expected them to be, the Lions and Saints are as bad as I thought they'd be, and the Bears offense is at about 40% efficiency compared to where I think they should be. Meaning, they are awful but will turn it around, something I don't foresee for the previous four teams I mentioned.
    The last two weeks of games have been highly unpredictable, and for a contrarian mind, I'm having an absolute blast with the craziness. However, I feel for some of my buddies who have laid serious coin on momentum.
    I might cry if Revis is pronounced out for the season. However, I'll keep to the Ewing theory, hope this defense picks up, and it helps our negotiations and applies downward pressure on his potential contractual value.
    Arizona's D and Green Bay's O are better than their numbers. It pains me to say that the Jets D and Denver Peyton's O are worse than theirs. I'd like to see Peyton do well.
    Joe Flacco is a Man amongst boys out there. He's carried over his play from last year's postseason, and is finally starting a legit discussion about being included in the list of top 2nd tier/bottom 1st tier QBs.
    Completely biased, and in the optimistic spirit:
    Jets: 16
    49ers: 14

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    Last night's game was one of the most fun non-Jets game I've seen since the '04-'08 run of Ravens/Steelers matchups. Although the refs need to get it together, it was awesome to see the physical, emotional game that it was. Even sweeter that Belichick lost, and then lost his cool.
    I wish my UConn Huskies had a consistent football team, but I'm happy to see the football team of my childhood (ND) playing so well.
    - 3 games played, three controversial plays which each should have been overturned upon further review, yet were upheld at the expense of the Jets.
    1) 1st INT of the season, the Bills player comes down OB.
    2) Dwyer's knee was down in the backfield, and a Jets fumble recover could be argued as well.
    3) Fasano's catch yesterday.

I've given the refs the benefit of the doubt, saying that it should be on the NFL to replace people who just aren't fit for the job...but when you have time to go back and review, and still get it wrong, 3 GAMES IN A ROW, it's on you.
    - Media around the nation getting on the scheduling committee for having the Ravens play a Sunday night game followed by a Thursday night game. Both at home.

I didn't hear anything about how disadvantaged the Jets were last season playing Sunday night against the Pats and then going a mile high to play the Broncos the following Thursday night.

I hate the NY media.
    - I love this Jets team, and if Hill would catch some of the passes that hit his hands, we'd be in much better position than we already are.
    The Falcons and 49ers are MUCH better than I expected them to be, the Lions and Saints are as bad as I thought they'd be, and the Bears offense is at about 40% efficiency compared to where I think they should be. Meaning, they are awful but will turn it around, something I don't foresee for the previous four teams I mentioned.
    The last two weeks of games have been highly unpredictable, and for a contrarian mind, I'm having an absolute blast with the craziness. However, I feel for some of my buddies who have laid serious coin on momentum.
    I might cry if Revis is pronounced out for the season. However, I'll keep to the Ewing theory, hope this defense picks up, and it helps our negotiations and applies downward pressure on his potential contractual value.
    Arizona's D and Green Bay's O are better than their numbers. It pains me to say that the Jets D and Denver Peyton's O are worse than theirs. I'd like to see Peyton do well.
    Joe Flacco is a Man amongst boys out there. He's carried over his play from last year's postseason, and is finally starting a legit discussion about being included in the list of top 2nd tier/bottom 1st tier QBs.
    Completely biased, and in the optimistic spirit:
    Jets: 16
    49ers: 14
    9ers just got mauled by the Vikings. Miami crushed Oakland. Oakland beat Pittsburgh. Ravens lost to the Eagles, and the Eagles only beat the Browns by 1 point. Hard to figure this game. I think it may have to due with limited practice time. Teams look completely different from week to week.