Thread: Something Antonio Pierce said rings true in my head....

Something Antonio Pierce said rings true in my head....

The Jets win ugly.

That's what they do. We might hate it. We might wish it was easier. But its not. That is and has been the identity of this team since Ryan took over. They win ugly games.

Thoughts?

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    He would know he is one ugly mfer.

A lot of teams win ugly, but they're also not very good teams.

Sure winning ugly is fine if you want to be a .500 team but this also means you're going to lose a lot of ugly games too.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    The Jets win ugly.

That's what they do. We might hate it. We might wish it was easier. But its not. That is and has been the identity of this team since Ryan took over. They win ugly games.

Thoughts?
    Actually it predates Ryan. They were Team Shrek under Herm. They even gave out Shrek ears once at a game.

The Jets win ugly.

Thoughts?
    Yup... that's exactly what bad to mediocre teams do that never win a Superbowl... oh wait

All League
    We sure looked pretty against the Bills, I hope we can get back to that

Has anyone paid attention to the NY Giants during their super bowl runs?

We have 2 wins... 1 was ugly and 1 was pretty.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jzelada121 View Post
    3 games. 2 wins. one looked pretty good to me. the other...ugly.

Jets had all offseason to plan for that game...

After that game there is now tape for opposing teams to review and gameplan for.

Can Rex and his staff review, teach and make adjustments...

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Jets had all offseason to plan for that game...

After that game there is now tape for opposing teams to review and gameplan for.

Can Rex and his staff review, teach and make adjustments...
    That's interesting because early in his Jets tenure, Rex's team had the reputation of struggling in season openers and after bye weeks.

That's interesting because early in his Jets tenure, Rex's team had the reputation of struggling in season openers and after bye weeks.
    They didn't struggle in the 2009 opener at Houston...

All League
    This was more than just an ugly win. An ugly win, in my book, is a 13-6 type game where both offenses look like sh*t.

This was a game we lost if not for 2 missed field goals by a kicker who rarely misses.

I'm happy we won, but there were too many problems on both sides of the ball and our best player might have torn his ACL.

Pyrrhic victory?

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    They didn't struggle in the 2009 opener at Houston...
    It started to come after being beaten by the Ravens at home for their season opener.

Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    Actually it predates Ryan. They were Team Shrek under Herm. They even gave out Shrek ears once at a game.
    Yup, and under Mangini too. What is the common denominator here? Same owner, same front office (Tanny/Bradway). Gee, I wonder if we can change things by firing Rex?

Schluberator & Gadfly

The Jets win ugly.

Thoughts?
    I still have hope that the jets are sandbagging all the games to hide game tape so they can beat the patriots this year.

I still have hope that the jets are not truly a bad team, but merely playing bad.

I still have hope that the patriots can roll over and give us the division this year.

I still have hope that the dolphins are dysfunctional and an afterthought in the division.

I still have hope that the Bills will choke for the season, but step up against the patriots this week.