Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can we all agree that our defense SUCKS??

Can we all agree that our defense SUCKS??

I'm so tired of people ( Rexx and others) referring to our D as elite.

They're not even good. As a matter of fact, they're pathetic.

Sanchez finally gets his head out of his a$$ and leads us to the go-ahead TD with 3 minutes to go.

Did any of you think our D was going to shutdown down Miami to nail down the win?

I DIDN"T because they NEVER DO!!!

Then in OT, Did you think they Would stop a rookie QB running a horrible offense .

I DIDN"T because they STINK! and THEY NEVER DO!!!!

how many times have we seen this in the last few years????

elite? FU*KING ELITE?? are you kidding me??
    Last edited by ctjetfan; 09-24-2012 at 11:16 AM.

Its average. Not elite at all.

LOL this is funny stuff, true for the most part, and funny too!

Jets Insider VIP
    Pouha and Devito have dissapeared. I thought at least we'd be good against the run.

Even that is sub par

Other than Rex and the guys on the D, no one thinks they are elite this season. Rex would probably even have to admit that with Revis out, they are not. They are capable of playing better though. Right now several guys are underperforming.

Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    Pouha and Devito have dissapeared. I thought at least we'd be good against the run.

Even that is sub par
    Pouha and Devito are problems right now... Especially because they have zero athleticism and do NOTHING against the pass. They have to be good against the run and Kenrick has surpassed Pouha at this point.

Dixon and Devito both played poorly at their position so that has to change. Coples must get more time.

I wouldn't go as far as to say they suck - but they are very, very average. Middle 10....I have to admit I bought into the D this year, I thought they were going to be special...Maybin, Wilk and no Ellis and Coples have been the big disapointment...

So now we have a middle 10 defense with a bottom 10 offense.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Other than Rex and the guys on the D, no one thinks they are elite this season. Rex would probably even have to admit that with Revis out, they are not. They are capable of playing better though. Right now several guys are underperforming.
    Rex said he can take any 11 guys and make them a top 5 defense. We'll see if this rings true.

Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    I wouldn't go as far as to say they suck - but they are very, very average. Middle 10....I have to admit I bought into the D this year, I thought they were going to be special...Maybin, Wilk and no Ellis and Coples have been the big disapointment...

Is Maybin on the practiuce squad this year? He sure is invisible during the games!!

Quote Originally Posted by ctjetfan View Post
    I'm so tired of people ( Rexx and others) referring to our D as elite.

They're not even good. As a matter of fact, they're pathetic.

Sanchez finally gets in head out of his a$$ and leads us to the go-ahead TD with 3 minutes to go.

Did any of you think our D was going to shutdown down Miami to nail down the win?

I DIDN"T because they NEVER DO!!!

Then in OT, Did you think they Would stop a rookie QB running a horrible offense .

I DIDN"T because the STINK! and THEY NEVER DO!!!!

how many times have we seen this in the last few years????

elite? FU*KING ELITE?? are you kidding me??
    First thing I said to my son when the Jets took the lead with 3 minutes left was, "So, would you call heads or tails in the overtime coin toss?"

You just knew the Dolphins were going to score. The only reason I assumed it would only be a FG as opposed to a TD was because Tannehill's a rookie. Most teams would have marched right down the field for a winning TD.

Quote Originally Posted by Conviction View Post
    First thing I said to my son when the Jets took the lead with 3 minutes left was, "So, would you call heads or tails in the overtime coin toss?"

You just knew the Dolphins were going to score. The only reason I assumed it would only be a FG as opposed to a TD was because Tannehill's a rookie. Most teams would have marched right down the field for a winning TD.
    And that's a fact!!!

Hall Of Fame

A little generous perhaps but pretty much echoes what I think too. Tackling has been atrocious in all three games. We are batting 1.000 in that department.

People may be thrilled with 2-1, but that eventually becomes 5-7 when you don't play well on either side of the ball. What do the Jets do really well as a team this season? Not much.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    People may be thrilled with 2-1, but that eventually becomes 5-7 when you don't play well on either side of the ball. What do the Jets do really well as a team this season? Not much.
    They have NO impact players on either side of the ball. Revis was the ONLY impact player and we have nothing left. It's a bunch of JAGs (except for Mangold) at every position.

very avg D that does nothing well (just like the offense).

They have NO impact players on either side of the ball. Revis was the ONLY impact player and we have nothing left. It's a bunch of JAGs (except for Mangold) at every position.
    I totally agree.

If Rex can coach this group of JAGs to even an 8-8 record, he should be named "Coach of the Year" - then immediately fired for his role in assembling this group of JAGs.

All League
    i have to admit...REX sucked me in with his bull$hit talking. I thought with getting landry and bell to replace the worthless duo of leonard/smith...the defense would be "great". we should have known that maybin is the BUST he was in buffalo...he just SUCKS!! and the way REX blew off about how good this defensive line was going to be....wtf!! that should have been a warning sign right there.

i am finding myself moving more and more to defending suckchez because not only does he have no wr's that can get open or catch....but now he is trying to win games with a pathetic defense.

my prediction was 2-1 after the first 3...then losing the next 2...before going on a late season run to finish 11-5/10-6 at worst.

i change my mind....this defense is bad and i offically move down to 8-8....and at this point thats asking a lot.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Yeah D sucks, another week of what 35% 3rd down efficiency by our O, 6/17. What 6 points scored by D, at one point D, and ST had more points than the O. Not to mention the half of field O gave the Dolphins right out of the shoot, please.

D sucks at this time no doubt. I believe they are worst in the league in 3rd down efficiency. If Rex can't get this D straightened out then he is totally useless. If the team crashes and burns again this season the heat will be most certainly be on rex and tanny big-time

Jets Insider VIP
    The defense doesn't suck. It's just a 10-15 ranked defense rather than a top 5 that Rex insists that they are.