Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can we all agree that our defense SUCKS??

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by barkus View Post
    D sucks at this time no doubt. I believe they are worst in the league in 3rd down efficiency. If Rex can't get this D straightened out then he is totally useless. If the team crashes and burns again this season the heat will be most certainly be on rex and tanny big-time
    the biggest surprise is that they keep drafting d-linemen yet can't stop the run. this has nothing to do with revis. that front 7 can't stop the run and the only conclusion i draw is that it is way overhyped by rex.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've been saying forever our defense is utter crap in big spots. They seem to be pretty good in quarters 2-3, but stopping the last drive before the half, and the last drive of the game has been horrible.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DBAKE View Post
    i have to admit...REX sucked me in with his bull$hit talking. I thought with getting landry and bell to replace the worthless duo of leonard/smith...the defense would be "great". we should have known that maybin is the BUST he was in buffalo...he just SUCKS!! and the way REX blew off about how good this defensive line was going to be....wtf!! that should have been a warning sign right there.

i am finding myself moving more and more to defending suckchez because not only does he have no wr's that can get open or catch....but now he is trying to win games with a pathetic defense.

my prediction was 2-1 after the first 3...then losing the next 2...before going on a late season run to finish 11-5/10-6 at worst.

i change my mind....this defense is bad and i offically move down to 8-8....and at this point thats asking a lot.
    Really, who does the opposing team have to game plan around on the Jets? What player on offense OR defense scares any coach in the NFL? With Revis gone, there is not one player that coaches fear. There is not one impact player that can step up and make a play. Who is that guy that will get a sack in a big spot? Who is the receiver that will go up and fight for a ball in the air? Some will say Holmes is that guy, but would anyone be shocked if he disappears against San Francisco?

Bottom line, this Jets team is just not that good. It has very ordinary talent at important positions.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    the biggest surprise is that they keep drafting d-linemen yet can't stop the run. this has nothing to do with revis. that front 7 can't stop the run and the only conclusion i draw is that it is way overhyped by rex.
    Let's face it, in Baltimore, through no fault of his own, Rex inherited two or three hall of famers and a number of other All-Pro caliber players on defense. The Ravens absolutely have not missed a beat since Rex left. It was never Rex, it was the players.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Yeah D sucks, another week of what 35% 3rd down efficiency by our O, 6/17. What 6 points scored by D, at one point D, and ST had more points than the O. Not to mention the half of field O gave the Dolphins right out of the shoot, please.
    Yeah but we know the O sucks. Teh D was "elite".

They couldn't even stop a college team consistanly on 3rd down or when the game is on the line!!

Do you think they're good?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    this defense needs to switch to a 4-3 once and for all. end of discussion. they have 3 sacks in 3 games.
    Last edited by Nike; 09-24-2012 at 11:47 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Conviction View Post
    Let's face it, in Baltimore, through no fault of his own, Rex inherited two or three hall of famers and a number of other All-Pro caliber players on defense. The Ravens absolutely have not missed a beat since Rex left. It was never Rex, it was the players.
    if there was a summary of rex's failings as the nyj hc this could be it. he thought he was driver of the defense and therefore thought he could replicate it regardless of who he started.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    if there was a summary of rex's failings as the nyj hc this could be it. he thought he was driver of the defense and therefore thought he could replicate it regardless of who he started.
    minus ngata,lewis and reed.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think we match up terribly against "ground and pound" teams with speed backs that rely on the play action.

Our D was built to stop brady, rodgers, manning.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ctjetfan View Post
    Yeah but we know the O sucks. Teh D was "elite".

They couldn't even stop a college team consistanly on 3rd down or when the game is on the line!!

Do you think they're good?
    C'mon there were only so many D's to ever be elite, Coach has to believe that and make his players think that, you know that. Yesterday they were ok, 50% 3 and outs. O was terrible 6/17 on 3rd down, there has to be a balance between all 3 phases and they have only 2 working, christ at one point the 2 had more points scored than the O. Good, yeah even without you know who, elite some time in the near future if you know who is healthy, it's possible,yes.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    C'mon there were only so many D's to ever be elite, Coach has to believe that and make his players think that, you know that. Yesterday they were ok, 50% 3 and outs. O was terrible 6/17 on 3rd down, there has to be a balance between all 3 phases and they have only 2 working, christ at one point the 2 had more points scored than the O. Good, yeah even without you know who, elite some time in the near future if you know who is healthy, it's possible,yes.
    When we went up 3 with 3 minutes tp play, did you have any confidence that our D would shut them down?

I didn't because they never do at crunch time . they or are also pathetic on 3rd downs.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    When we went up 3 with 3 minutes tp play, did you have any confidence that our D would shut them down?

I didn't because they never do at crunch time . they or are also pathetic on 3rd downs.
    Our D gives up more 3rd downs than any team I can recently remember.

penalties of Smith, Wilson, ridiculous.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn't say it sucks, but once again they just don't live up to the preseason billing. Still no pass rush AT ALL. We made a big mistake drafting Coples, which was my first thought when we made the pick. Hopefully he gets better, but so far Chandler Jones looks like he can be a great pass rusher. Not sure how Ingram has been doing for the Chargers.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm so tired of people ( Rexx and others) referring to our D as elite.

They're not even good. As a matter of fact, they're pathetic.

Sanchez finally gets his head out of his a$$ and leads us to the go-ahead TD with 3 minutes to go.

Did any of you think our D was going to shutdown down Miami to nail down the win?

I DIDN"T because they NEVER DO!!!

Then in OT, Did you think they Would stop a rookie QB running a horrible offense .

I DIDN"T because they STINK! and THEY NEVER DO!!!!

how many times have we seen this in the last few years????

elite? FU*KING ELITE?? are you kidding me??
    Revis carried the defense. With him gone, an already average at best defense is now below average. They only have one linebacker in David Harris.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Our D gives up more 3rd downs than any team I can recently remember.

penalties of Smith, Wilson, ridiculous.
    Seriously, it seems like they never stop anyone on 3rd down. I'll have to find out what our % is in the 3 games this year,

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bench Pouha, Devito, Pace, and Scott. Not saying the guys behind them are that much better, but I know what we have in those 4, and it sucks.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    in all fairness maybe this makes the defense play differently. it seems rex has abandoned the blitz. where has maybin been all season? i look for changes in the defensive schemes and an all out more aggressive defense come next week without revis the security blanket.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    This was a top 5 defense for the three years he was head coach...

Yes, through three games they haven't been stellar, but it's hard to argue that he's a quality DC...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SyracuseJet View Post
    Bench Pouha, Devito, Pace, and Scott. Not saying the guys behind them are that much better, but I know what we have in those 4, and it sucks.
    I agree, except for Pouha (but he should be in a 4-3)

Coples, Pouha, Ellis, Wilk
    Maybin, Harris, Mcyntyre

Let's see how that front 7 plays...at least they'll be some speed. not great, but some!

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like

No, not on the road. I also didn't and wouldn't expect a decent O to put them in that position.