Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can we all agree that our defense SUCKS??

Quote Originally Posted by ctjetfan View Post
    I'm so tired of people ( Rexx and others) referring to our D as elite. ...

and all along i thought it was our offense

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Really, who does the opposing team have to game plan around on the Jets? What player on offense OR defense scares any coach in the NFL? With Revis gone, there is not one player that coaches fear. There is not one impact player that can step up and make a play. Who is that guy that will get a sack in a big spot? Who is the receiver that will go up and fight for a ball in the air? Some will say Holmes is that guy, but would anyone be shocked if he disappears against San Francisco?

Bottom line, this Jets team is just not that good. It has very ordinary talent at important positions.
    DID YOU ACTUALLY READ MY POST??? I SAID 8-8 AT BEST.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombo View Post
    Revis carried the defense. With him gone, an already average at best defense is now below average. They only have one linebacker in David Harris.
    AND THAT OVERATED PLAYER CAN BE SAVED FOR ANOTHER DISCUSSION!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Conviction View Post
    Let's face it, in Baltimore, through no fault of his own, Rex inherited two or three hall of famers and a number of other All-Pro caliber players on defense. The Ravens absolutely have not missed a beat since Rex left. It was never Rex, it was the players.
    he inherited mangini's hot garbage and made apple pie. it is definitely Rex in large part.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
    he inherited mangini's hot garbage and made apple pie. it is definitely Rex in large part.
    Nope. If it was Rex, then the Jets defense would be as good as Baltimore's. After all, they are both running the same defense.

Difference is, Baltimore had great players and still has very good players. The Jets don't have very good players.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombo View Post
    Revis carried the defense. With him gone, an already average at best defense is now below average. They only have one linebacker in David Harris.
    the defense has been pretty bad this year all around, and that includes Harris, who is easily having his worst year as a Pro.

Rex did not allude to the defense as elite, or even good, or even average in his comments today. he basically said they need to figure out how to do the basic things better to get back to any semblance of average: third downs and stop the run by gap fits and tackling...

Nope. If it was Rex, then the Jets defense would be as good as Baltimore's. After all, they are both running the same defense.

Difference is, Baltimore had great players and still has very good players. The Jets don't have very good players.
    total D
    2009:
    1. NYJ
    3. Balt
    2010:
    3: NYJ
    10: Balt
    2011:
    3: Balt
    5: NYJ

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by DBAKE View Post
    AND THAT OVERATED PLAYER CAN BE SAVED FOR ANOTHER DISCUSSION!!!!
    I know you are excited to be back DBAKE but.... all caps man, all caps. Toggle your freaking CAPS LOCK key.

total D
    2009:
    1. NYJ
    3. Balt
    2010:
    3: NYJ
    10: Balt
    2011:
    3: Balt
    5: NYJ
    Points Allowed

2009:
    1. NYJ
    3. Bal
    2010:
    3. Bal
    6. NYJ
    2011:
    3. Bal
    20. NYJ

Points Allowed

2009:
    1. NYJ
    3. Bal
    2010:
    3. Bal
    6. NYJ
    2011:
    3. Bal
    20. NYJ
    is that adjusted for points scored by the opponent's defense?

is that adjusted for points scored by the opponent's defense?
    I don't know, it's off pro football reference. In any case, that wouldn't alter the overall numbers that much.

I think we're actually arguing the same point anyway. The Jets don't have very good players on defense.

I don't know, it's off pro football reference. In any case, that wouldn't alter the overall numbers that much.

I think we're actually arguing the same point anyway. The Jets don't have very good players on defense.
    actually, the sheer amount of points given up via pick-6 and FR would definitely impact those rankings.

the point i am arguing is that RR transformed the defense into a top level unit with very similar talent to the mangini teams. Baltimore was hit a bit in the rankings, but their talent was superior.

What Rex did to the NYJ defense shows that a lot of the defense's success was on him.

actually, the sheer amount of points given up via pick-6 and FR would definitely impact those rankings.

the point i am arguing is that RR transformed the defense into a top level unit with very similar talent to the mangini teams. Baltimore was hit a bit in the rankings, but their talent was superior.

What Rex did to the NYJ defense shows that a lot of the defense's success was on him.
    Fair enough.

As I said in another thread, if Rex can coach this band of JAGs to an 8-8 record - or even if he can coach this group of defensive players to a top 12 defense - he should be named Coach of the Year. Then he should be immediately fired for his role in assembling this roster of JAGs.

Fair enough.

As I said in another thread, if Rex can coach this band of JAGs to an 8-8 record - or even if he can coach this group of defensive players to a top 12 defense - he should be named Coach of the Year. Then he should be immediately fired for his role in assembling this roster of JAGs.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by ctjetfan View Post
    I'm so tired of people ( Rexx and others) referring to our D as elite.

They're not even good. As a matter of fact, they're pathetic.

Sanchez finally gets his head out of his a$$ and leads us to the go-ahead TD with 3 minutes to go.

Did any of you think our D was going to shutdown down Miami to nail down the win?

I DIDN"T because they NEVER DO!!!

Then in OT, Did you think they Would stop a rookie QB running a horrible offense .

I DIDN"T because they STINK! and THEY NEVER DO!!!!

how many times have we seen this in the last few years????

elite? FU*KING ELITE?? are you kidding me??
    Without all the anger and with a level head I'd have to say the defense truly is the biggest disappointment this season.

I posted several times that the Jets would have the number 1 defense in the league this season. How far from the truth could I possibly be?

This defense just looked so good without running any schemes during the preseason. They OWNED the line of scrimmage. They were disruptive. They had a bloody pass rush.

Well, this just shows more than anything else I've ever seen that the preseason means absolutely NOTHING. Quentin Coples is a p*ssy little cry baby who can't even get on the field because he has no talent. Aaron Maybin?? What happened to him? Is he still on the team? I swear to god I haven't seen him at all in the fist 3 games. Total disappearing act.

They cannot stop the run to save their lives.

The additions of Landry and Bell have done NOTHING to help defend the middle of the field. Offenses continue to exploit that part of the field. That surely means doom when we play the Patsies.

I knew the Jets weren't going anywhere fast this season, but seeing it now just still seems so shocking.

Jets Insider VIP
    good to see that despite being in first place after 3 games, SOJFs are more certain than ever that THE SKY IS FALLING

who cares if the defense is bad, we are in 1st place in the afc east. thats all that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdanNJ View Post
    who cares if the defense is bad, we are in 1st place in the afc east. thats all that matters.
    When is the Week 3 Championship Trophy given out?

Will it be on SNY?

All League
    Both sides of the ball look like garbage if we forget the bills game
    Toss in the loss of Revis and things are gonna get ugly

Jets Insider VIP
    We have an elite Cover CB and then 11 JAGs and generate zero passrush.

EDIT: We HAD an elite Cover CB....now gone for the season.

We have 11 JAGs on defense and generate zero passrush.