Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sanchez 32nd in league in completion percentage

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    That's it!

Yesterday he should have had at least one, more than likely two TDs that were right in the receivers hands.

Add 10 drops, plus 3 that actually hit the receivers in the head bc they didnt turn around, and 4 sure TDs over the first three games and his numbers are fine.

Someone has to make a play.
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    I think Sanchez is a guy that plays his best when it's crunch time.

Who would you rather have, Matt Ryan or Mark Sanchez?

One will look real nice in the regular season and then sh!t the bed in the post season. The other will struggle at times in the regular season and play his best in the post season.
    Seriously??? Ryan might be on his way to an MVP season and is a considerably more polished passer than Sanchez has ever been. He will carry his team to double digit wins year in and year out. Sanchez isn't good enough to even get the team to the playoffs unless the D plays lights out and carries him there. In his 4th year, Sanchez can't keep relying on a few playoff games as his saving grace. He's played way more games in the regular season and he's generally been mediocre.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    That's it!

Yesterday he should have had at least one, more than likely two TDs that were right in the receivers hands.

Add 10 drops, plus 3 that actually hit the receivers in the head bc they didnt turn around, and 4 sure TDs over the first three games and his numbers are fine.

Someone has to make a play.
    He can and he has to give better ball placement, that has not improved.

Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    Love the fight in him, but he continues to miss some throws yesterday that QBs should make blindfolded (Schillens down the sideline for example) + mind blowing brain farts like the almost INT in OT.

W
    T
    F
    Can't disagree with this. This is Mark's season to show us something. It's 3 games in, Peyton Manning looks like poo as do a few other big name guys. I'm not making judgments yet, but it's reasonable to conclude that Mark hasn't thrown a lot to Shillens, players are dropping the ball like it's a greased pig.

Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    LOL
    It's gotta be great for Snachez to get pulled on EVERY series and/or have Tebow line up as one of his relievers!

Again, how exactly are they helping Sanchez?

Hall Of Fame
    Sanchez is 50 of 99 which is 50.5%. I have found a stat for dropped passes and the Jets are listed with only one drop. Washington Post via Stats LLC

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/t...e=NFL&rank=232

Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    He can and he has to give better ball placement, that has not improved.
    He missed a few throws yesterday, no doubt. Not 32nd in the NFL. The JETS have given him little suppport. How many drops have they had? Its ridiculous

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Can't disagree with this. This is Mark's season to show us something. It's 3 games in, Peyton Manning looks like poo as do a few other big name guys. I'm not making judgments yet, but it's reasonable to conclude that Mark hasn't thrown a lot to Shillens, players are dropping the ball like it's a greased pig.
    That would have been an all world catch, C'mon.

Jets Insider VIP
    It's gotta be great for Snachez to get pulled on EVERY series and/or have Tebow line up as one of his relievers!

Again, how exactly are they helping Sanchez?
    He missed a few throws yesterday, no doubt. Not 32nd in the NFL. The JETS have given him little suppport. How many drops have they had? Its ridiculous
    I don't spend enough time on the strip to know if you're serious or sarcastic.

I LOL'd at the first cuz I thought you were sarcastic. If you're serious...I hope you dont have a high blood pressure, the season's gonna be a b*tch.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Seriously??? Ryan might be on his way to an MVP season and is a considerably more polished passer than Sanchez has ever been. He will carry his team to double digit wins year in and year out. Sanchez isn't good enough to even get the team to the playoffs unless the D plays lights out and carries him there. In his 4th year, Sanchez can't keep relying on a few playoff games as his saving grace. He's played way more games in the regular season and he's generally been mediocre.

Matt Ryan has never won a playoff game.

0-3, 3TDs/4INTs, Hasn't thrown for 200 yards in a game in the postseason.

Hall Of Fame
    He is throwing like McNabb right now, behind, too far, low. I don't know what happened he wasn't like this his 1st 2 years?

Peyton played the Falcons and Texans Ds, probably 2 of the top 5 defenses in football. How'd he look against the Steelers compared to Mark? Night and day.

One thing nobody can deny is that the schedule and Ds Mark has to face are only going to get harder in the next few weeks. If you are struggling throwing against Miami, why would anyone think you'd have success throwing it on the Niners and Texans?

All League
    Anybody with 2 eyes who watched the game yesterday could clearly see how awful Sanchez was. He missed on MANY throws. He's been bad at times but I was about ready to pull out my hair with how bad he was throwing the ball.

Hall Of Fame
    6/17 on 3rd down.....35%, 17 tries to continue the drives, but D sucks.

I'm just saying, Mark doesn't have a lot of work getting timing down with Schillens who has once again spent the whole season nursing an injury. Now Mark is supposed to just be able to hit him in stride in a pressure situation?

No chemistry with receivers. No consistency with receivers. Receivers can't catch a cold let alone a warm football.

Say what you want, but this is a prime example of everything that can go wrong going wrong at varying times. Mark has hit his receivers at all parts of their body, no catch. Mark has thrown bad passes too, behind or ahead of his receivers. Dropped TDs in the past two games. Being taken off the field after making progress and starting to get in a rhythm only to be put in a bad down and distance because Rex thinks the Wildcat is a novel game plan.

It's quite possible that Mark has been ruined by this idiotic front office and fanbase.

That said, he needs to throw the ball better. Lets not talk about his decisions like he's the only QB throwing stupid passes for INTs. That's Joe Flacco's calling card and he doesn't take nearly the heat that Mark does.

You have to consider the opponents. Ryan's last 2 losses in the playoffs were to the eventual SB champions. Sanchez had a chance to face that Giants D two weeks before Ryan did and he performed pitifully. Why would you think he would have fared any differently in the playoffs?

Only a complete homer thinks Sanchez is as good of a QB as Matt Ryan.

He missed two easy TDs yesterday, and missed another the week before vs. Pitt (on Holmes double move). These are not hard throws, and he routinely misses them.

Yes, the WRs did him no favors yesterday. But on a number of the drops, the ball was not well placed. The third-down throw to Powell was awful. And even the Hill TD drop --which should have been caught anyhow-- was on the wrong shoulder - inside instead of outside.

The good news is that he does seem to be seeing the field better. The bad news is that good decisions do little good when you can't hit wide open receivers.

Hall Of Fame

Does the season start in the playoffs or do we need to earn our way into the playoffs?

If he sucks in the regular season, we won't make the post season.

So when all the "experts" say that these are catchable passes I guess that doesn't matter because Mark hits the receiver with the ball but they don't posses the focus or technique to adjust their body to make a catch?

I'm just stating the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    Dropped passes sure. But NFL QBs cannot miss wide open TD opportunities, and Sanchez did that on 3 occasions, and only one of those times was while being rushed. He should have had TDs to Scheins, Hill, and CUmberland (Though he was heavily rushed on that play).

Bottom line, NFL QBs HAVE to make those plays. The INTs could have been due to bad routes or miscommunications, but the bad throws on great playcalls where the Receivers are free have to stop.

Sanchez should have 3 more TDs passes, and while there would be grumblings, it wouldn't be nearly as poor this year if he made the wide open TD throws (Holmes last week, Schiens, and Hill). Sanchez, simply put, has not improved since his 2nd season. If he doesn't improve soon, he will be a backup somewhere. There's no excuse.
    You can kill him for Schillens, but Cumberland he was falling as he was throwing. On Hill's throw, Hill has stated that his hamstring tweeked when he broke on the pattern. Sanchez was leading him because of Hill's speed, but Hill pulled up lame. That is not on the QB.