Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen "Stone Hands" Hill

Stephen "Stone Hands" Hill

Now we know why he wasn't drafted in the 1st. All the talent in the world except one.

He can't cath the ball!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All League
    its only week 3, lets not give up already

He caught 50 balls in college, he needs time to develop. He as the skill to be a good wr in this league, it just all depends on his development over the next season or two

Quote Originally Posted by IRONFAN 40 View Post
    Lol Rex is a defensive dunce.. Very overrated as far as schemes goes and clueless on putting the right personall on the feild. Having Ray Lewis, Suggs and Reed on your defense does wonders to your resume.
    Please tell us how he should run the defense....clearly you have a better resume when it comes to defensive schemes. Care to enlighten us?

Hall Of Fame
    Gotta coach the "choke" out of that young man.

braylon would have caught those passes.

He just doesnt look like an nfl reciever. Cant run routes, cant get off the jam, and tries to catch everythig with his chest. Looking like a pretty bad pick.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by ctjetfan View Post
    Now we know why he wasn't drafted in the 1st. All the talent in the world except one.

He can't cath the ball!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    So far in his rookie year he has 5 receptions for 89 yards and 2 TDs. Including a long reception of 33 yards. He's going to be just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by New Jerzey Jet View Post
    He just doesnt look like an nfl reciever. Cant run routes, cant get off the jam, and tries to catch everythig with his chest. Looking like a pretty bad pick.
    many had him pegged for the next messiah of wrs in the nfl.

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    braylon would have caught those passes.
    That's not getting old.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by New Jerzey Jet View Post
    The most concerning part is that he seems to always want to catch the ball against his body, and when he tries to use his hands, the ball goes right through them. Not a good sign.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    many had him pegged for the next messiah of wrs in the nfl.
    I guess that will never happen so he may as well retire.

As of now. Johnny LAM Jones Version 2

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJet80 View Post
    its only week 3, lets not give up already

He caught 50 balls in college, he needs time to develop. He as the skill to be a good wr in this league, it just all depends on his development over the next season or two
    Not that I don't think he won't develop, but what "skill" does he have? Running fast and jumping high aren't skills. The problem is he has no skills, just athleticism. Definitely a boom or bust pick.

besides holmes and kerley we have nothing. the need for a tall wr who can stretch the field and go up and get the ball is quite evident. plax,t.o, chad johnson need one of them here quick.

Jets Insider VIP
    Stephen Lam Hill

Hall Of Fame
    Inexperience is no excuse for poor hands.

I have been one of his biggest supporters here and I loved the pick when we made it. But there is no excuse for this. He catches the ball with his body. He did it in Week 1 and got away with it. When everyone was going gaga, I was one of the few people who pointed that out.

Practice Squad
    Wow, the overreaction on this thread is crazy. People just don't understand how football works. Hill is facing nfl caliber press coverage for the first time. He is overwhelmed by the physicality of it. All he needs to learn is to go up and get it instead of waiting for the ball to come to him. In a few weeks he'll sort it out and produce.

The comments here are ridiculous. He dropped balls in traffic because he is not playing physical. He'll learn!

Jets Insider VIP
    Why was left on the field after he pulled up limping on a go route in th 4th?

He limps off, then goes back on the field for a blown 3rd down attempt or whatever it was probably aggravating his injury? Or maybe was just cramped up?

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Inexperience is no excuse for poor hands.

I have been one of his biggest supporters here and I loved the pick when we made it. But there is no excuse for this. He catches the ball with his body. He did it in Week 1 and got away with it. When everyone was going gaga, I was one of the few people who pointed that out.
    He doesn't have poor hands... He needs to be coached on how to use them properly... He's trying to catch everything with his body...