Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 123

Thread: Stephen "Stone Hands" Hill

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    So far in his rookie year he has 5 receptions for 89 yards and 2 TDs. Including a long reception of 33 yards. He's going to be just fine.
    That was in one game. Since then? He has more drops than catches.

  2. #42
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, Long Island
    Posts
    10,771
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Fans in a nutshell.

    When in doubt, demand we sign the biggest name you can think of, regardless of their actual abillity level at current.

    Hey, I hear Jerry Rice and Joe Mantana are BOTH currently unsigned, lets get those beasts!
    Don't be silly fish. Montana is far to short to play that rangy deep threat WR position. Maybe as a slot guy....

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Fans in a nutshell.

    When in doubt, demand we sign the biggest name you can think of, regardless of their actual abillity level at current.

    Hey, I hear Jerry Rice and Joe Mantana are BOTH currently unsigned, lets get those beasts!
    Why do fans want the big names? Because this franchise does not have the ability to develop and keep any talent. After a while the fans are desperate for something better than the crap we see year in and out.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    Don't be silly fish. Montana is far to short to play that rangy deep threat WR position. Maybe as a slot guy....
    If only we could reaquire Plaxico Burress, Braylon Edwards, Danny Woodhead & Kerry Rhodes.

    If we could do that, Super Bowl man, Super Bowl.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    If only we could reaquire Plaxico Burress, Braylon Edwards, Danny Woodhead & Kerry Rhodes.

    If we could do that, Super Bowl man, Super Bowl.
    Kerry looks fantastic right now...

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Kerry looks fantastic right now...
    I know! I read it on J.I. how teh aewsome sauce he is! Why would this stupid team with it's stupid GM and Coach EVER get rid os such future Hall of Famers like these guys???!!!!111111

    FIRE UM' ALL, WE'RE JETS FANS!!!!


  7. #47
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, Long Island
    Posts
    10,771
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    I know! I read it on J.I. how teh aewsome sauce he is! Why would this stupid team with it's stupid GM and Coach EVER get rid os such future Hall of Famers like these guys???!!!!111111

    FIRE UM' ALL, WE'RE JETS FANS!!!!

    Erm....

    Tanny is in year-7. How long is the honeymoon period for GMs with you exactly?

    Personally I got sick of this stuff Somewhere in between Favre and positioning ourselves for Manning. Or was that Aso.... While I am not in the fire everyone camp I am in the fire Tanny camp and any GM worth his salt is going to want to bring in his own team of people around him so I guess that puts me into the fire everyone camp after all.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    Tanny is in year-7. How long is the honeymoon period for GMs with you exactly?
    Well, how about after the first losing year under Rex Ryan?

    How about when the team is losing due to a lack of talent (I am sure we'll disagree on that one in re: the current roster).



    It's Chuck Porterfan's answer to every problem, "Fire um!". Because, as we all know, changing GM's and Coaches every other season is a proven route to titles and consistency.

    The Jets are not losing in 2011, if they do, because of Tanny. The Jets talent is absolutely in the top 1/3 portion of the current NFL. If either of those become untrue, and more repeatedly untrue, I'd line up with you to fire him.

  9. #49
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    1,762
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    learn? this is the nfl the big show. its not time to learn its time to perform.


    Shirley, you must be kidding.

    If not, you should strongly consider posting less.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    So far in his rookie year he has 5 receptions for 89 yards and 2 TDs. Including a long reception of 33 yards. He's going to be just fine.
    What are his numbers in weeks 2 and 3? More drops than catches

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by ubrnostrum View Post


    Shirley, you must be kidding.

    If not, you should strongly consider posting less.
    shirley? teams dont select players in the draft to come in and learn to catch. learn the system learn the offense learn the routes but to catch a football?

  12. #52
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, Long Island
    Posts
    10,771
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Well, how about after the first losing year under Rex Ryan?

    How about when the team is losing due to a lack of talent (I am sure we'll disagree on that one in re: the current roster).



    It's Chuck Porterfan's answer to every problem, "Fire um!". Because, as we all know, changing GM's and Coaches every other season is a proven route to titles and consistency.

    The Jets are not losing in 2011, if they do, because of Tanny. The Jets talent is absolutely in the top 1/3 portion of the current NFL. If either of those become untrue, and more repeatedly untrue, I'd line up with you to fire him.
    There is a difference between every other year and Seven years. I am talking about seven years here so please do not try to deflect with an obvious straw man.

    We are not a top ten team talent wise. Not even close to being close on that one fish. The roster is a steaming mess and there is only ever one person responsible for that. The GM.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    There is a difference between every other year and Seven years. I am talking about seven years here so please do not try to deflect with an obvious straw man.

    We are not a top ten team talent wise. Not even close to being close on that one fish. The roster is a steaming mess and there is only ever one person responsible for that. The GM.
    tanne has overpaid all the wrong players hes not a draft guru by any means this team is in shambles. 2-1 enjoy it now the best is yet to come!

  14. #54
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ithaca College by way of New Jersey
    Posts
    1,762
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    shirley? teams dont select players in the draft to come in and learn to catch. learn the system learn the offense learn the routes but to catch a football?
    Braylon got better as time went on. TO got better then worse. Hill is raw and that includes using his hands to catch the ball in places that he may not be used to. Players get better. Linebackers get better at tackling, QBs get more accurate, runningbacks learn not to fumble. Players are fluid in their progression in all aspects of their game. Some are them can do certain things immediately others grow into it.

  15. #55
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,638
    This is why some of us were chirping, to the chagrin of many here, about Braylon Edwards. This kid is not ready for prime time and needs at least a season of "seasoning" and being worked slowly and gradually into the lineup.

    Edwards isn't a possibilty anymore but what about a guy like Gaffney? Is he not healthy? I don't know. But I can't believe he hasn't signed anywhere. And please don't tell me he sucks.

    The Jets need a veteran wideout and they need one ASAP.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by kdelgado View Post
    Braylon got better as time went on. TO got better then worse. Hill is raw and that includes using his hands to catch the ball in places that he may not be used to. Players get better. Linebackers get better at tackling, QBs get more accurate, runningbacks learn not to fumble. Players are fluid in their progression in all aspects of their game. Some are them can do certain things immediately others grow into it.
    get better in a football sense yes i agree. but catching a ball something we all learn at a very young age. the basics catching a ball isnt something you get better at either you catch it or you dont. this was his knock in college he missed way too many balls.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    This is why some of us were chirping, to the chagrin of many here, about Braylon Edwards. This kid is not ready for prime time and needs at least a season of "seasoning" and being worked slowly and gradually into the lineup.

    Edwards isn't a possibilty anymore but what about a guy like Gaffney? Is he not healthy? I don't know. But I can't believe he hasn't signed anywhere. And please don't tell me he sucks.

    The Jets need a veteran wideout and they need one ASAP.
    the jets need more than a veteran wideout but we can start there i totally agree with you.

  18. #58
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,538
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    This is why some of us were chirping, to the chagrin of many here, about Braylon Edwards. This kid is not ready for prime time and needs at least a season of "seasoning" and being worked slowly and gradually into the lineup.

    Edwards isn't a possibilty anymore but what about a guy like Gaffney? Is he not healthy? I don't know. But I can't believe he hasn't signed anywhere. And please don't tell me he sucks.

    The Jets need a veteran wideout and they need one ASAP.
    Tanny didn't think so and REX probably never thought about the O.

    I agree with you.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    There is a difference between every other year and Seven years. I am talking about seven years here so please do not try to deflect with an obvious straw man.

    We are not a top ten team talent wise. Not even close to being close on that one fish. The roster is a steaming mess and there is only ever one person responsible for that. The GM.
    +1 You are right on the money!!! Accountability.

    We are slow, below average in talent, and are old in key positions.

  20. #60
    This kid has NFL ability.... no question..... could he have made a few more big catches? absolutely....... He has the size and speed that you want....
    let's give him some time..... coach him up.... he's going to be a very very good player....

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us