Thread: Roster Changes

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

Roster Changes

Ok so with injuries and non-effectiveness of the offense and pass rush I think Tannebaum et al should look for some veteran help. Here is a list of need and a player or two who can come in and help. I will also try to think of the player we might cut.

1. WR: One being they can't get open and unreliable we need a veteran presence here. Add in Hill's hamstring injury we are in desperate need of a wr now. You have the big three names. Besides these three none of the others thrill me or I feel can really help.

A. Plaxico: We know what he can do. Not great from 20-20 but would be a huge help in the red zone. Can teach Hill (not sure if he can teach him how to catch that might be asking too much). He is my top choice. Drop Gates who is awful.

B. TO: I really don't want him. Adding him to this already fragile team etc would be awful. Add in he has lost a few steps and couldn't make it in Seattle he won't bring much.

C. Chad Johnson: If the guy didn't have the recent legal issues I'd consider it. Of the three maybe could be the most productive but he bombed last year and Plax played better. He also could bring similar issues than TO. Don't think he is worth the risk.

D. Trade: I'd take one of the extra wrs from Green Bay though I don't think it is happening. Not sure what other team is open to trading a wr.

2. Pass rusher: This would be first if our wrs weren't so bad. I'd drop Harrison.

A. Andre Carter. I know he has visited Oakland a few times. He had 10 sacks last year and would be our best pass rusher if he has recovered from his injury. We need someone to put pressure on the other qb. Tannehill had all day.

I do not know of any other pass rushers out there.

3. CB: Though not announced yet I believe Revis will be done for the year or pretty close it it. I'm not the biggest Kyle Wilson fan but I guess we'll deal with him. My concern comes at the nickle position. Lankster has shown he can not handle it.

Looking at the list nothing appears to be out there but maybe someone knows someone.

This team is in trouble and looking at the roster and available free agents we might have many issues going forward and many more ugly games like yesterday. We got lucky we won yesterday. Against other teams we won't be as lucky. A few moves here or there will help us and probably will not make us look this bad.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    you are forgetting a key part to this offense a te. sanchez relies heavily on the te. id take a chance on shockey offering a minimum deal.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very true. We miss Keller immensely. I'd look at a tight end. I'm not the biggest fan of Shockey. I'd go for Chris Cooley. Can play the h-back too.

I also forgot to mention that we should look to get another fullback. Granted Conner didn't play yesterday but he hasn't stood out in the first two games and I think there are better blockers out there.

That also being said and I know it is a different thread we need to see more of Powell. He can wear the d down and then Greene can come in and close.

Just saw they released Dixon. Wonder what they are thinking of. Probably Brian Thomas is on his way back. Not thrilled if that is the case.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dennis byrd 90 View Post
    Very true. We miss Keller immensely. I'd look at a tight end. I'm not the biggest fan of Shockey. I'd go for Chris Cooley. Can play the h-back too.

I also forgot to mention that we should look to get another fullback. Granted Conner didn't play yesterday but he hasn't stood out in the first two games and I think there are better blockers out there.

That also being said and I know it is a different thread we need to see more of Powell. He can wear the d down and then Greene can come in and close.

Just saw they released Dixon. Wonder what they are thinking of. Probably Brian Thomas is on his way back. Not thrilled if that is the case.
    did they really release dixon? maybe coples will get more than 18 snaps this next game.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    did they really release dixon? maybe coples will get more than 18 snaps this next game.
    rex is saving him. where are wilkerson,ellis? they dont look to be who we thought they were.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    We're creating the All-Worst Attitude Team. Let's add these players:

QB - JaMarcus Russel or Vince Young
    RB - Brandon Jacobs
    WR - TO, Ocho and Plax (perhaps Santonio can teach them how to be great teammates)
    TE - Shockey

Maybe Albert Haynesworth is available too?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    Yeah his agent and Cimini tweeted it. Rex presser coming up at noon maybe he'll say why. Going to be an interesting one.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Note to genius OP.. This is not baseball....there is a hard cap. Unlike the Pinstripers the Jets cannot just go out and raise their payroll buying superstars willy nilly from small market teams

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    chris johnson needs a change of scenery. this team needs a rb.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Even though he is short, I wouldnt mind seeing what the Trufant kid can do.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    chris johnson needs a change of scenery. this team needs a rb.
    Again, there is a salary cap.