Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Revis ACL Tear Per Rex's Presser

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Rex, "We drafted Wilson to be a #2 corner".

LOL to everyone who used to argue with me about that.
    Hey man, the experts thought he was a steal at that spot.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Small hope for season just went to no hope.

Defense wasn't too good with Revis.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Hey man, the experts thought he was a steal at that spot.
    I know. But people would argue with me that the plan for Wilson was to be a nickel back.

Quote Originally Posted by AceBoy View Post
    We'll see what we really have in Wilson now.
    Baptism by fire.

Wilson probably has the capability to be a decent NFL corner. Unfortunately, with no pass rush, he's going to be exposed.

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Revis' ACL injury was a noncontact injury... which is common, believe it or not

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I know. But people would argue with me that the plan for Wilson was to be a nickel back.
    You can't believe anything Rex says.

If Revis never got hurt, and Wilson spent his entire career at nickel back, Rex would look you in the eye and tell you they drafted him to be a nickel back.

Rex will say whatever suits his purpose at the moment.

I kinda thought this yesterday. At least it did not happen in a year where we were going someplace. Oh well, give it hell fellas.

Jets Insider VIP
    The Jets lost Jenkins early in 2009 and everyone thought the defense would fall apart. Remember, back then he was considered the best defender on the team.

Other defenders have to step up and Rex has to coach his butt off, but it can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    The Jets lost Jenkins early in 2009 and everyone thought the defense would fall apart. Remember, back then he was considered the best defender on the team.

Other defenders have to step up and Rex has to coach his butt off, but it can be done.
    While this is true ...

Jekins << Revis

This season is really starting to suck. All the good feelings from week 1 are gone. I can't take another 13 weeks of the level of play we saw in weeks 2 and 3. Why Revis??? God hates Jets fans

Next man up, what did the Packers have 16 guys on IR when they won the super bowl, we'll see how good of a defensive genius Rex is now

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    cromartie had the same surgery. calm down
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    While this is true ...

Jekins << Revis
    I understand that and Revis emerging as the best CB in the NFL that year was a major reason for the Jets to be No. 1 defensively, but now is the chance for someone else to take the leap.

The Jets got rid of Dixon today after his woeful performance yesterday. Let's see what the young DLine studs can do in taking pressure off the secondary.

Plus, let's see how Landry can help this defense now. Perhaps he makes the elite leap to compensate for Revis' loss.

Quote Originally Posted by IM3 View Post
    Next man up, what did the Packers have 16 guys on IR when they won the super bowl, we'll see how good of a defensive genius Rex is now
    They didn't lose their best player...The Jets just lost the ONLY impact player on this team.

Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    I understand that and Revis emerging as the best CB in the NFL that year was a major reason for the Jets to be No. 1 defensively, but now is the chance for someone else to take the leap.

The Jets got rid of Dixon today after his woeful performance yesterday. Let's see what the young DLine studs can do in taking pressure off the secondary.

Plus, let's see how Landry can help this defense now. Perhaps he makes the elite leap to compensate for Revis' loss.
    revis is the best but the jets are far from a number one defense in the nfl. lets hope everyone steps up.

God damn it. Revis was all over the field that game. Covering.. popping running backs.. recovering a fumble. Sad we don't get to see the talent of probably the most dominant player at his position in the NFL for the rest of the season.

Veteran
    Well I fully expect Revis to not be on the team next year. Thanks Revis for your time with the jets.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    God damn it. Revis was all over the field that game. Covering.. popping running backs.. recovering a fumble. Sad we don't get to see the talent of probably the most dominant player at his position in the NFL for the rest of the season.
    i agree.

many jets fans hate revis and wouldnt agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    i agree.

many jets fans hate revis and wouldnt agree.
    Ugh don't get me started.

Ya just knew when you saw Revis go down it was an ACL.

See what kind of defense Rex wants to run with now Revis.Does he really turn up the blitz packages,or play more of a bend but don't break defense

Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    Well I fully expect Revis to not be on the team next year. Thanks Revis for your time with the jets.
    Why?