Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Revis ACL Tear Per Rex's Presser

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    This season is really starting to suck. All the good feelings from week 1 are gone. I can't take another 13 weeks of the level of play we saw in weeks 2 and 3. Why Revis??? God hates Jets fans
    My first thoughts. I know this team wasn't exactly considered a top contender, but why the best player on the roster? I thought we had already gotten our best-player-knockout with Vinny back in '09.

Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    I understand that and Revis emerging as the best CB in the NFL that year was a major reason for the Jets to be No. 1 defensively, but now is the chance for someone else to take the leap.

The Jets got rid of Dixon today after his woeful performance yesterday. Let's see what the young DLine studs can do in taking pressure off the secondary.

Plus, let's see how Landry can help this defense now. Perhaps he makes the elite leap to compensate for Revis' loss.
    Keep the positivity coming, SMC. You're right about Jenkins, no one thought the D-line would hold up after he went down and the team was a half away from the Super Bowl.

Turn it to the offensive side. All on Sanchez again, and in all honesty he was/is the one that's going to make or break the season anyway.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    Well I fully expect Revis to not be on the team next year. Thanks Revis for your time with the jets.
    Actually, this injury virtually insures that Revis will be on the team next year.

A healthy Revis coming off a great season would have held out next season, or forced a trade this offseason.

An injured Revis coming off surgery in a contract year has to come back to the Jets, and has to play well.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IM3 View Post
    Next man up, what did the Packers have 16 guys on IR when they won the super bowl, we'll see how good of a defensive genius Rex is now
    +1

Last year the Giants had basically there whole secondary injured and Tuck out for the majority of the year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope we use this as an excuse to start the young guys ... get Coples in there full time along with Davis. I rather find out early what we have rather than later.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dennis Waszak Jr. ‏@DWAZ73
    As long as Revis completely heals this offseason, #Jets should show loyalty to one of franchise's best by still re-doing his deal.

Maybe this is the week Joe McKnight actually gets a few more plays _ at cornerback.

Damien Woody ‏@damienwoody
    Move Joe McKnight to CB....if he's not going to get any burn at RB, move him to CB...he's one of the best athletes on the team

RBs are usually your best athletes on a team & McKnight fits that! Dude can make the transition to CB
    Last edited by C Mart; 09-24-2012 at 12:40 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Conviction View Post
    Actually, this injury virtually insures that Revis will be on the team next year.

A healthy Revis coming off a great season would have held out next season, or forced a trade this offseason.

An injured Revis coming off surgery in a contract year has to come back to the Jets, and has to play well.
    I don't buy it. Revis WILL hold out next year even though he's hasn't played in a year. He's played his last game as a Jet. Thanks for the fun Revis.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's a tough loss for this team, even if Kyle Wilson steps up.

Nobody can do what Revis does.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't buy it. Revis WILL hold out next year even though he's hasn't played in a year. He's played his last game as a Jet. Thanks for the fun Revis.
    There's a greater chance Revis enters training camp next year on the PUP list than there is that he holds out.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    no way in hell. what warrants this type of response from any jets fan?

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    This makes me physically sick. Not only hurts us as team but I also feel robbed from getting to watch one of the greatest players in the NFL.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    This stinks. No, I have not been one of the people against Revis. I'm a big Revis supporter. Amazing talent. He brings it every week. Hope he comes back strong next year.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nope.

Had he stayed healthy and had a good season, this would have been his last with the Jets.

This injury forces him to come back to the Jets next season and prove himself again.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachelors III View Post
    This makes me physically sick. Not only hurts us as team but I also feel robbed from getting to watch one of the greatest players in the NFL.
    The bolded is the worst part. Forget about team allegiance, it's very sad when a truly great player is lost for the season and fans are deprived of watching such great players perform.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    if anything this should ensure hes on the team next season - no one is going to give crazy $ to a CB coming off an ACL - even Revis

Another "positive" - it happened early in the season - should be back 100% for next year

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bad news to be sure.

For those who think he is a lock coming back to be that same player, I for one am not so sure. The amount of cutting and lateral movement that is required from a CB position, particularly a #1 CB makes me wonder. It is not like a lineman or QB who has the same surgery.

I am pretty sure he has to adjust his goals of 6 years and ~$100 million at this point. That ship has sailed. How much worse of a position would the Jets be in today if we had an additional non-refundable 40+ million locked into a new contract signing bonus for Revis?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Deb ‏@LilMissNYJet
    I would love nothing more then for Rex to take this opportunity to live up to his Ryan name & prove his legacy isnít overrated.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    Bad news to be sure.

For those who think he is a lock coming back to be that same player, I for one am not so sure. The amount of cutting and lateral movement that is required from a CB position, particularly a #1 CB makes me wonder. It is not like a lineman or QB who has the same surgery.

I am pretty sure he has to adjust his goals of 6 years and ~$100 million at this point. That ship has sailed. How much worse of a position would the Jets be in today if we had an additional non-refundable 40+ million locked into a new contract signing bonus for Revis?
    J Charles looks pretty good - and I think he tore his early in the season last year

Agreed on lower contract now

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its hard not to be upset about this development but no one player dictates a team's season. This isn't golf. But with that Im not going to pretend that their isnt going to be a huge drop off from revis to cromartie/wilson. All this means is that the Dline has to pick up the slack. If the qb doesnt have time to make a throw, it doesn't matter who is playing at CB.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Deb ‏@LilMissNYJet
    I would love nothing more then for Rex to take this opportunity to live up to his Ryan name & prove his legacy isnít overrated.
    She must mean reputation, not legacy.

A legacy is something you leave when you're gone. An active coach, by definition, doesn't have a legacy.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    Bad news to be sure.

And this exact situation is why Revis held out the last time. Get some big money because you never know when you'll get hurt. The Jets are not a charity. They're not going to give Revis $100 million because they feel bad he got hurt.