Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Ok Rex, now's the time to make a great defense.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok Rex, now's the time to make a great defense.

You did it with Baltimore when they had one good CB, you can do it for us. No more stupid exotic blitzes, Wilson can't handle 1v1 man. We need to play sound defensive football. Good tackling, good awareness, and accountability. I know our D didn't look like anything of that the last 2 weeks, but we must play more conservative because the innovative defense wont work anymore .Our defense relied so much around Revis hoping he never got hurt, well he did now, so lets see if people can step up, that includes you.

I'm still a believer! Lets go JETS !

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Bandit View Post
    You did it with Baltimore when they had one good CB, you can do it for us. No more stupid exotic blitzes, Wilson can't handle 1v1 man. We need to play sound defensive football. Good tackling, good awareness, and accountability. I know our D didn't look like anything of that the last 2 weeks, but we must play more conservative because the innovative defense wont work anymore .Our defense relied so much around Revis hoping he never got hurt, well he did now, so lets see if people can step up, that includes you.

I'm still a believer! Lets go JETS !
    Yea, im going to be honest. Losing revis sucks. Its a huge blow to the team. Losing a player that is not only the best player on the team, but the best player in the league at his position and, arguably, the best defensive player in the league is going to hurt.

But, I do not think it is a knockout blow. I feel as though we are going to see Ryan switch to focusing on very fundamentally-sound defensive game plans. We dont have a player who shuts down half the field anymore, so we need to make some serious changes.

We have missed revis for extended periods before. I think we might be OK. What is going to hurt us is games against the Texans and the like where they have that one dominant WR. But it could actually help us in games against teams with a bunch of #2 Wrs such as the 49ers.

Gotta just wait and see.