Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This injury will cost us more than the eye can see

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

This injury will cost us more than the eye can see

With Revis going down the Jets will be lucky to win 7 games.

The sad part of his injury, besides his health and the fact that this team can't sustain any consistency even with him, is that REX & TANNY have there excuse.

I really felt that with a bad season both guys could lose there jobs 1 for sure. Now both have an excuse!!!

Ths team needs a new GM and a new Head Coach and this injury really sets us back further than Revis alone.

As a Jet fan for 30 plus years I should be use to disapointment but man this sheet is getting old.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LA Jet Fan View Post

The sad part of his injury, besides his health and the fact that this team can't sustain any consistency even with him, is that REX & TANNY have there excuse.

I really felt that with a bad season both guys could lose there jobs 1 for sure. Now both have an excuse!!!

Ths team needs a new GM and a new Head Coach and this injury really sets us back further than Revis alone.

As a Jet fan for 30 plus years I should be use to disapointment but man this sheet is getting old.
    It doesn't matter. Unless Woody grows a pair of balls there will be no accountability.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    It doesn't matter. Unless Woody grows a pair of balls there will be no accountability.
    Why balls? IMO he needs to hire a REAL football GM and then step out of the way.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

So TLDR:

The "worst" part of the Revis injury is that you were rooting to have our GM and Head Coach fired, and now that might not happen.

Yup, dissapointing day for you indeed. My condolences.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    So TLDR:

The "worst" part of the Revis injury is that you were rooting to have our GM and Head Coach fired, and now that might not happen.

Yup, dissapointing day for you indeed. My condolences.
    I wasn't rooting for an injury, I want someone who can run a team and be accountable for his inept actions.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

So you were rooting for a bad season so our coach would be fired? Brilliant.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    As a Jets fan for 30 plus years I would have hoped you would have realized that restarting a team every 3-4 years is precisely why you or I have never seen a Superbowl in our lifetime.

But let's fire these guys so we can fire the next ones too!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Fan of the Year?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    So you were rooting for a bad season so our coach would be fired? Brilliant.
    Where in my post does it say that I am "ROOTING" for a bad season?

I want accountability! Like any other job, they need to be accountable for the product they have put on the field and this product is getting worse and worse!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wasn't rooting for an injury, I want someone who can run a team and be accountable for his inept actions.
    I didn't say you were rooting for an injury.

I said you were rooting for a bad season, so our GM and Head Coach could be fired and have no "excuses" to defend them or their record.

Apparently your biggest regret over the injury is that it gives said GM and Head Coach the excuse you were rooting they wouldn't get.

You made the case, not I. Live with it.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    As a Jets fan for 30 plus years I would have hoped you would have realized that restarting a team every 3-4 years is precisely why you or I have never seen a Superbowl in our lifetime.

Great lets keep them and we will have subpar teams for the next 30 years!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post

makes sense.

let's fire the GM and Coach that have gotten this team the closest they've been to a Superbowl in 40 years.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    I didn't say you were rooting for an injury.

I said you were rooting for a bad season, so our GM and Head Coach could be fired and have no "excuses" to defend them or their record.

Apparently your biggest regret over the injury is that it gives said GM and Head Coach the excuse you were rooting they wouldn't get.

You made the case, not I. Live with it.
    I didnt say I wanted them to have a bad season either. If you think spinning my words makes u feel better then go for it, spin DR.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    You sound totally qualified and seem like someone that can make level headed decisions.....you should send in your resume for the GM job.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    makes sense.

let's fire the GM and Coach that have gotten this team the closest they've been to a Superbowl in 40 years.
    You are living in the past brother, we are nowhere near that team that made those Championship Games and that is the real sad part of your post.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Led Halen View Post
    You sound totally qualified and seem like someone that can make level headed decisions.....you should send in your resume for the GM job.
    I do believe that I could do a better job, thanks for recognizing my talent.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I didnt say I wanted them to have a bad season either. If you think spinning my words makes u feel better then go for it, spin DR.
    No spin required.

One just needs to read your OP to see what your point was.

Roll back your point all you like, you were clearly rooting for A. a bad season without "excuses" and B. the firing of our GM and Head Coach.

I do believe that I could do a better job
    Nuff' said.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Am I the only one who thinks we are going to be fine without revis?

The tight ends wont kill us as much as they will try to throw more to the recievers. We will have to start blitzing more as the coverage will not be as good in the seconday.

I thknk this is being blown waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out of proportion.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    You are living in the past brother, we are nowhere near that team that made those Championship Games and that is the real sad part of your post.
    We need to draft better....how we do that is another matter but our players are not our strength.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Firing a coach with a winning record is never a good idea and is totally illogcial.

i.e. the Chargers firing Marty Schottenheimer. Where have they gone since?