Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Dissapointment in Sparano Thus Far: Shotty-Levels of Predictabillity

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    SIR! Tired of the "Guarantees", COLONEL!
    aye aye captain

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by auctionking View Post
    I calling calling BS, Miami have no weapons,yet they stayed with us play for play yesterday,scored 31 in oakland with the worst offensive talent in the NFL.
    Second worst.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Topic title says it all.

I can't imagaine I am the only one who is quite dissapointed int he rather predictable, vanilla-esque, basic Offense we seem to be running thus far in 2012.

We got rid of Shotty for this very reason. We fans could call every play before it was run.

Thus far, I can't say Sparano has been terribly different. Greene up the gut intot he backs of his O-linemen again and I might fall over dead from boredom.

Like it, love it or loathe it, the Tebow trade was supposed *by most) to bring some degree of inherant unpredictabillity to our offense we were sorely lacking. Sanchex is playing like Sanchez, i.e. underwhelming......and the the Jets O is playing liek Shotty designed it, unassuming.

If, as so much of the board now seesm to think, the Jets are going to go down in flames a la a MiG 27 hit by a quartet of Sidewinders, I'd at least like to see our O have the balls to mix it up some before we go quietly into the dark night of irrelevance.

No, I am NOT saying "start Tebow". Nor am I saying "Have Tebow Pass 20 times a game".

What I AM saying is, lets mix it up. If Tebow is going to be on the field 20 times a game, he should get at least 10 carries (is Greene going to do better?). He should throw at least 1 pass a game ffs. Even if it's an ultra-safe shorty or a "just to scare um" deep ball no one could catch if they tried.

When your base O can't get it doen, you have two options. Razzle-dazzle and scheme yourself some production. Or just live with yoru limitation, be boring, and lose predictably.

Sparano ran the Wildcat in Miami alot more than he's doing it here, and he did it better there with less Wildcat talent. Thats not good enough.

St Louis scored 2 field goals last week

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    This o is light years ahead of last years SH!TTYPALOOZA. Watching the game and it actually feels like they can make the plays then Sanchez throws too far or too short. Mckelroy would do better in this o.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by srobjets View Post
    This o is light years ahead of last years SH!TTYPALOOZA. Watching the game and it actually feels like they can make the plays then Sanchez throws too far or too short. Mckelroy would do better in this o.
    +2