Thread: Why no time outs at the end of the 1st half?

Jets Insider VIP

Why no time outs at the end of the 1st half?

Can/Did Rex explain why the Jets chose to go in at the half with out using any time outs , Im not sure which series but I found it perplexing as did the rest of the Jet fans in the bar I was in. I guess nothing is said because we accidently won

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyJet View Post
    Can/Did Rex explain why the Jets chose to go in at the half with out using any time outs , Im not sure which series but I found it perplexing as did the rest of the Jet fans in the bar I was in. I guess nothing is said because we accidently won
    1st-10, MIA7 1:44 R. Bush rushed up the middle for 3 yard gain (could have called a TO but chose not to)
    2nd-7, MIA10 1:01 R. Tannehill incomplete pass to the right (didn't have to call TO)
    3rd-7, MIA10 0:52 R. Bush rushed up the middle for no gain. Miami committed 5 yard penalty (didn't have to call a TO)
    3rd-12, MIA5 0:47 NY Jets committed 15 yard penalty
    (after this, there was no point in calling a TO because we only had 2 left. )
    1st-10, MIA20 0:36 R. Bush rushed up the middle for 4 yard gain
    2nd-6, MIA24 0:23 D. Thomas rushed to the right for 4 yard gain

The Jets tried to cal a TO after 3rd down (i think it was Bart Scott) but they got the TO back because of the Penalty.