Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Sanchez Time

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Sanchez Time

First of all, it's really upsetting to lose Revis. Just as a human being it's one of the most depressing things to see happen, to someone who is such a competitor and consummate professional. Why do the guys who always play with their heart out there always end up being the ones who get hurt?

Anyway, I just want to know if anyone else thinks that this season is now firmly on the shoulders of our QB Mark Sanchez. I want to know if anyone else thinks that there is enough talent surrounding the guy that he can make some plays if he's really capable of doing it. We've seen flashes of brilliance from Kerly, Cumberland, Hill and Powell.

If this is truly our guy, right now he steps up.

If this is truly our winning coaching staff, right now they're earning their paychecks and working our young weapons into the offense.

Every inch counts, every penalty matters, no timeouts should remain when the clock reads zero.

Sanchez needs to step up and be the leader and the quarterback we drafted him to be.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedGreen314 View Post
    First of all, it's really upsetting to lose Revis. Just as a human being it's one of the most depressing things to see happen, to someone who is such a competitor and consummate professional. Why do the guys who always play with their heart out there always end up being the ones who get hurt?

Anyway, I just want to know if anyone else thinks that this season is now firmly on the shoulders of our QB Mark Sanchez. I want to know if anyone else thinks that there is enough talent surrounding the guy that he can make some plays if he's really capable of doing it. We've seen flashes of brilliance from Kerly, Cumberland, Hill and Powell.

If this is truly our winning coaching staff, right now they're earning their paychecks and working our young weapons into the offense.

Every inch counts, every penalty matters, no timeouts should remain when the clock reads zero.

Sanchez needs to step up and be the leader and the quarterback we drafted him to be.

You mean he needs to do what he should have been doing the last 2 years?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Could not agree more. He needs to take control and stop looking like someone who has the weight of the world on their shoulders. Time for everyone to step it up but all along we knew this team would be in deep doo if they lost any starters due to lack of depth

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LA Jet Fan View Post
    [/B]
    You mean he needs to do what he should have been doing the last 2 years?
    Yes, and now, does all the finger pointing around the lockerroom and front office finally stop and focus on the one player with the ball in his hands all game? Does he have what it takes?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    A pass rush would be nice..

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jets80 View Post
    A pass rush would be nice..
    An offense would be nicer.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with most of that, it's even more depressing when it actually happens to you.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    Could not agree more. He needs to take control and stop looking like someone who has the weight of the world on their shoulders. Time for everyone to step it up but all along we knew this team would be in deep doo if they lost any starters due to lack of depth
    Hes not capable of it but neither is any QB in the NFL with the Jets current roster. They have no RB's and one wide receiver who would start on other teams. You cant win like that. Thats why Tannenbaum needs to go. I was calling it all offseason as were a good percentage of this board that it would be impossible for Sanchez to succeed with his current skill position "weapons."

Utterly unacceptable that we havent signed Gaffney. Utterly unacceptable that we didnt try to sign Lloyd. Utterly unacceptable we didnt draft a RB in one of the first few rounds.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've been saying it since last year. It appears to me the Jets are setting Sanchez up to fail (not on purpose). He has ZERO weapons on offense. With a shaky offensive line, it's a recipe for disaster.

I'm not saying Sanchez is supposed to be Aaron Rodgers, but how do you not surround your supposed franchise QB with the most amount of weapons as you possibly can??

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets have weapons on offense

WR's & RB's

Holmes
    Hill - FAST
    Kerley
    Schilens - FAST
    Cumberland
    Keller
    Gates - FAST
    Greene
    Powell
    McKnight - FAST

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    Jets have weapons on offense

WR's & RB's

Holmes
    Hill - FAST
    Kerley
    Schilens - FAST
    Cumberland
    Keller
    Gates - FAST
    Greene
    Powell
    McKnight - FAST
    Really?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    Really?
    lolz

Seriously, Holmes, Kerley, and Powell should never come off the field and Keller has to get the sand out of his vagina for this team to have any kind of chance offensively.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brand new offense, and brand new receivers. We're 2-1, and we should improve. The offense is missing by inches. There is talent because they are getting open, and getting open deep. Powell, and Green need to play, and we get Keller back. Coples and Ellis need more playing time. All the losers SOJFs are very embarrassing. The Giants were 7-7 last after losing to the Redskins.

Nut up or move on.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJCAP2 View Post
    lolz

Seriously, Holmes, Kerley, and Powell should never come off the field and Keller has to get the sand out of his vagina for this team to have any kind of chance offensively.
    Keller blows. Stop talking about him like he's a star.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LotteryPick6 View Post
    Keller blows. Stop talking about him like he's a star.
    Where did I call Keller a star?

Coming off a year where he lead the team in catches and now, in a contract year, he is showing exactly what he's been; an inconsistent waste of talent.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    Really?
    Talk me to deaf!!!! Jets are in 1st place!!! There is no I in Team.. Jets hav plenty of WR's and TE's and Rb's...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Talk me to deaf!!!! Jets are in 1st place!!! There is no I in Team.. Jets hav plenty of WR's and TE's and Rb's...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    So true, but not one of them are consistant play makers and it starts from the qb spot. You hit sanchez once and you might as well start anyone else.