Thread: We Need to Air it out even more

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

We Need to Air it out even more

Our WRs are actually getting open downfield and drawing flags on a consistent basis.......Sanchez just missed a few more bombs, and our WRs dropped a few big plays as well, but its really close

The plays are there to be made......keep working on practice to get the timing down and we might be OK on offense

Either way, it's very refreshing to see an OC with a set of balls on our sidelines

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I approve this message. A long interception is basically a punt. If Sanchez is going to complete only 50%, might as well be the "chunk" plays. Plus we have the new and improved Holmes which added drawing flags to his game.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Keep taking shots, and don't be afraid to use McKnight in the passing game too. Guy's got special speed. USE HIM

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FMJets View Post
    I approve this message. A long interception is basically a punt. If Sanchez is going to complete only 50%, might as well be the "chunk" plays. Plus we have the new and improved Holmes which added drawing flags to his game.
    Absolutely.....Sanchez too inaccurate to expect to be a great offense moving the chains in a traditional manner........Need to take a ton of shots and make big plays

Sanchez although he missed a few big plays barely, looks very comfortable this season on these type of plays.......Drop back, look off the safety, and air it out......easy

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsCrazey View Post
    Keep taking shots, and don't be afraid to use McKnight in the passing game too. Guy's got special speed. USE HIM
    Need to get Kerley and Mcknight the ball more on offense......Keep feeding Holmes as well. These are big play guys, USE THEM

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I buy it. He'll get better chemistry with the receivers and then some will pay off. What is concerning is how he's throwing them. In the Houston game he threw the ball on a rope to Braylon, his long ball attempts in this game were rainbows. It's not a bad thing if they're completed but only Brees and Rivers get away with it consistently.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    ive been saying that with these new refs... you either get a catch, a PI, or it gets picked, which when its 50 yards downfield thats almost like a punt anyways.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The one thing that I have like about the Jets offense this year is the willingness to take shots down the field......

Would like to see emergence of other playmakers... As defenses gear to take away Holmes.... I think Kerley has made some key plays that are encouraging.. I am by no means down on Hill, but would like to see him to get past this case of drops.. I wouldn't mind see Schilens on field a bit more as well..... We clearly miss Keller... would prefer him healthy and in the mix...

Wouldn't mind getting Mcknight involved more...