Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Helu, Jones, Blount, Moreno, Hightower

Helu, Jones, Blount, Moreno, Hightower

Our running game is absolutely abysmal. Our running backs lack the proper burst to accelerate into the hole, and none of them have the much needed vision to get into the open field. Powell has been mediocre thus far, McKnight is apparently in the dog house, and Greene has lost a step or two.

There are running backs all over the place in the NFL. Hightower might be 100% in the upcoming future, Helu, Felix Jones, and Knowshon were all sent to the doghouse, and we need a running back that can make a guy miss. Our offensive line really isn't the problem, it's the lack of a playmaker on offense.

Our QB play isn't dynamic enough to have such a poor running game. Picking up one of these high potential low salary players would be beneficial to our running game, and give us a much needed boost in the running game.

Tanny doesn't mind making moves midway through the season. See Ty Law, Braylon Edwards deals just a few years ago. A running back can be supplemented into the offense rather quickly without needing to know the entire playbook.

Get Rex a back!

All League
    How exactly has Powell been mediocre? He's done everything you can possibly ask of him in the limited touches he's received...

Quote Originally Posted by JamaicanJetFan View Post
    How exactly has Powell been mediocre? He's done everything you can possibly ask of him in the limited touches he's received...

He hasn't shown me any burst nor explosion. He hasn't reached the 2nd level of the defense yet, and he looks pretty slow to be honest. If he's our starting HB, we're in trouble.

I think this is a case of how bad Greene has been, that Powell has looked average, so it makes his play look so much better than it really is.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Do people realize we just played the Phins, with the #1 defense in the league against the run? Prior to that, we played the Steelers, who are also pretty good against the run

Give it a rest

Powell needs to start immediately with a dose of mcknight (though I think the team does not trust him at all.) Greene should be benched. If Powell does not produce I am in full agreement with the OP. Go after a back. When your whole offense is supposedly predicated on running the ball you can't be as sad as we have been.

Quote Originally Posted by JamaicanJetFan View Post
    i agree. i think he's shown good vision, cutback ability and also gets good puch up the middle. i think he should get his share of screens too.

Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Do people realize we just played the Phins, with the #1 defense in the league against the run? Prior to that, we played the Steelers, who are also pretty good against the run

Give it a rest

Greene hasn't shown the same explosion since his rookie year. He's best in a split time job. Powell hasn't shown me ONE game where he shown the ability to be a starter in this league. I hear a lot of praise of this guy in articles, camp, etc.. But he hasn't impressed me since we drafted him.

McKnight has shown the ability to bust a move better in my opinion.

Give it a rest
    Jets rushing avg/carry = 29th in the league this year.
    Jets rushing avg/carry = 22nd in the league last year.

Jets are a 'ground and pound' running team, something does not compute. Further to all of this is actually watching the games and seeing when the team calls a good play, gets good run blocking and seeing the back get 5 yards instead of 15-20. These teams may be highly rated right now because they have played the Jets.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

2011 Jets were not a playoff team
    2012 Sample size is 3 games, but whatever makes you sleep better at night

We're in first. You can't judge the screwed up mess that the league is thanks to the greed of owners who refuse to pay real refs what they deserve based on any normal metrics.

I saw at least 6 incidents yesterday that yielded huge gains or losses simply because a coach or player whined at the ref.

At least 1 of the PI's against Holmes yesterday wasn't. Jim Harbaugh had, what, 6 timeouts against Minnesota in the 2nd half (and still lost)?

Then again in the game last night. I counted at least three absolute trash holding penalties. And don't even get started on the illegal contact in the Jets game.

Guess what guys:

We may have the league's best whiner on our team in Santonio Holmes and he has been getting some pretty insane calls regarding Pass Int./Illegal Contact/Defensive Holding that there's no way in hell would be called by normal refs.

That could honestly be the Jets' best asset.

The Jets are in first place right now. Tough games coming up, but you can't tell me that if Minnesota can beat San Fran, the Jets can't. And Houston's overdue to lose.

Sound ridiculous? It should. The entire season is going to be ridiculous until order is restored.

Also, Pats could end up 1-3 following this coming week because Goodell should suspend Belichick for his tantrum grab at the end of the game last night. Bill, check your tape, that FG was good.

All League
    Why hasn't anyone signed Ryan Grant yet?

2011 Jets were not a playoff team
    2012 Sample size is 3 games, but whatever makes you sleep better at night
    So you make a statement with a 3 game sample size, then when challenged call it a 3 game sample size? Nice logic sport. You also forgot to mention our 3.3 yard avg per carry vs the Bills.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

talk to me at the end of the season SOJ fan

Jets Insider VIP
    Helu, Felix Jones, and Knowshon
    These guys suck balls. Therers a reason they are not playing. Im not giving up a draft pick for these scrubs.

Sign hightower and see what he can do. He wont cost a draft pick.

talk to me at the end of the season SOJ fan

Will be sure to bump this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by K-Ro 25 View Post
    Greene hasn't shown the same explosion since his rookie year. He's best in a split time job. Powell hasn't shown me ONE game where he shown the ability to be a starter in this league. I hear a lot of praise of this guy in articles, camp, etc.. But he hasn't impressed me since we drafted him.

McKnight has shown the ability to bust a move better in my opinion.
    I'll admit that Powell is far from a home run threat, but a 4.5 avg on 10 carries against a defense that had already completely shut down Foster, Tate and McFadden doesn't do anything for you?

Miami's front 7 is one of the best in the business. That Powell was able to average about 4 ypc against both this unit and the Steelers the week before tells me that he's the best guy to put the team in favorable down & distance situations.

That to me sounds like something we need to try out before burning another pick on a trade for a guy who may not be able to bring much more to the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    These guys suck balls. Therers a reason they are not playing. Im not giving up a draft pick for these scrubs.

Jones and Moreno, yeah.

Helu's pretty good, imo. But he's not a feature back.

Jets should target Ben Tate.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post

Helu sucks balls?

All League
    oh thats great, lets pick up rb's that are even worse than greene. That will solve the problem!

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJet80 View Post
    oh thats great, lets pick up rb's that are even worse than greene. That will solve the problem!
    Sorry but I have run a number of algorithims and determined that it's mathematically impossible for anyone to be worse than Shonn Greene.