Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Helu, Jones, Blount, Moreno, Hightower

It is entirely possible that the Jets have the worst groups of RBs, WRs, and LBs in the entire NFL. I truly believe that.

Quote Originally Posted by yanks9596 View Post
    It is entirely possible that the Jets have the worst groups of RBs, WRs, and LBs in the entire NFL. I truly believe that.
    you could be right.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Ok, Greene is absolutely horrible. Powell is worth a shot just because he is NOT greene. He isn't that good though. For the guys you mentioned:
    Helu- Decent RB, could be solid
    Felix Jones- Garbage
    Blount- Just as bad as Greene
    Moreno- Worse than Greene
    Hightower- Was just as bad as Greene even before he tore his ACL
    Do you have pictures to PM, or will we just take your word for it?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    Powell went in against some ferocious Run D's, to be fair. I think he's contributed well under the circumstances and deserves to be given more carries. At this stage Greene looks like a far cry from his playoff heroics a few years back and in all honesty is best as a closer, #2-3 rb
    No! It has been decided that he's just not very good. In fact we have the worst RBs, WRs, and LBs in the league.

Powell looks alright, but as a group... Greene, Powell and McKnight? That is a disgrace.

As for the LBs... I dare you to name a slower group in the NFL. You can't do it.

There might be some WR corps equally unimpressive as ours, but I don't know if there are any that are undoubtedly worse.

Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    2011 Jets were not a playoff team
    2012 Sample size is 3 games, but whatever makes you sleep better at night
    20% of the season is not a big enough sample size? What AQL level do you think
    would be valid to point to a curve going the wrong way after implementing a change?

Powell looks alright, but as a group... Greene, Powell and McKnight? That is a disgrace.

As for the LBs... I dare you to name a slower group in the NFL. You can't do it.

There might be some WR corps equally unimpressive as ours, but I don't know if there are any that are undoubtedly worse.
    Agree on the RBs. I think they tried to address the LB and receiver speed issues with the #2 and #3 draft picks but it's been spotty. Hill showed early and then ran into real cornerbacks and D. Davis is a lightening fast LB but isn't ready for full time action yet.

Rex is living in the 80s when strength trumped speed. He will tell you that technique and scheme trump speed all day long .. Guess what .. He's wrong.

Jackie Battle
    Kendall Hunter
    Ryan Grant

SG23 has run his course, time to put him as a change of pace back/back-up duty. This offense needs someone who either makes players miss or has the power to run through tackles, SG23 has neither.

How did Legarrette Blount fall in to the Buc's doghouse?

Great rookie season and in year 2 he still got 4.2 ypc...6'0' 250 lbs and being used very sparingly behind Martin right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Micaboy View Post

Great rookie season and in year 2 he still got 4.2 ypc...6'0' 250 lbs and being used very sparingly behind Martin right now.
    schiano is a favorite players coach. he did the same thing at rutgers for years.

Blount is not a good football player.

Why can't the Jets try Tebow at fullback? At least it will give them two options in the backfield. I can't stand it when teams have a fullback (like connor) who is a zero threat to carry the ball. It would seem that just having the second option in the backfield would improve the running game. I'd put Tebow back there with McKnight on a few plays just to see how it works out. Who knows they could be the next Mike Alstot and Warrick Dunn. McKnight is without question the Jets most explosive RB and they need explosive plays, and Tebow is their best short yardage runner. Can Tebow block? I have no idea, but at this point it at least puts the best playmakers on the field at the same time.

Free agent RB Ryan Grant is working out for the Bears Tuesday.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    Jones and Moreno, yeah.

Helu's pretty good, imo. But he's not a feature back.

Jets should target Ben Tate.
    YES.

Dude is a beast and still manages to rack me up fantasy points as Foster's backup.

I'd be content to make a trade for him. And get rid of that scrub Greene.

Schiano loves Doug Martin and Blount is a headcase. Blount also happens to be more talented than Shonn Greene and Bilal Powell combined and is only 25 years old with little mileage.

All League
    Ryan Grant signs with the Redskins.... take him off the list.