Thread: Dirty hit on Schaub

Dirty hit on Schaub

surprised no one is talking about this
    dirty hit
    starting to really not like DEN

posting link so you can check the video

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...7090--nfl.html

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    That was a phukin crack.

Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    That was a phukin crack.
    its surprising how little of attention this is receiving

he was head hunting on that hit

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    When the cats away the mice will play.

Yeah I saw the hit on sportscenter this morning and immediately I was like DAMNNN! He got rocked. Wasn't late, but it was definitely head to head and there was no intent to wrap up (which isn't stressed as a requirement as much when the QB gets the ball off right before).

You can bet the NFL is about to get $25,000-$50,000 richer in the next week off that one.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegi5894 View Post
    Yeah I saw the hit on sportscenter this morning and immediately I was like DAMNNN! He got rocked. Wasn't late, but it was definitely head to head and there was no intent to wrap up (which isn't stressed as a requirement as much when the QB gets the ball off right before).

You can bet the NFL is about to get $25,000-$50,000 richer in the next week off that one.
    9 billion and 50,000. lol.

They said on the NFL Network last night that he lost a piece of his ear on that hit.

how did he lose a piece of his ear?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    how did he lose a piece of his ear?
    A chunk of his ear lobe was ripped away, most likely by his helmet as it flew off his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    9 billion and 50,000. lol.
    haha true

Just saw that they're considering suspending him one game for that hit too. Honestly, I'm usually one to say "let them play" but that sh!t was downright criminal. He definitely deserves a 1 game suspension...you can end a guy's season with that kind of stuff.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    A chunk of his ear lobe was ripped away, most likely by his helmet as it flew off his head.
    they showed a pic of it during the broadcast yesterday, MAN was it gruesome!!!!!

He must have played horribly after that play because... you know that was the excuse for Sanchez last week.

"About 10 minutes later, Schaub connected with tight end Owen Daniels for a 14-yard touchdown pass, his fourth of the day"

oh.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by jxc View Post
    He must have played horribly after that play because... you know that was the excuse for Sanchez last week.

"About 10 minutes later, Schaub connected with tight end Owen Daniels for a 14-yard touchdown pass, his fourth of the day"

oh.
    And we complain about the beatings Sanchez takes.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    And we complain about the beatings Sanchez takes.
    I can only imaging what Sanchez would do if he lost an ear.

Clean hit. Loved it.

Shoulder first...nothing dirty, was it excessive, sure. But so was Jack Tatum and we are still playing the same sport here.

Vicious hit thats all.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    I can only imaging what Sanchez would do if he lost an ear.
    He'd probably pull an Eli Manning and throw for 500+ yards or something.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by HitSomeone41 View Post
    Clean hit. Loved it.

Shoulder first...nothing dirty, was it excessive, sure. But so was Jack Tatum and we are still playing the same sport here.

Vicious hit thats all.
    Well I respectfully disagree. it was a dirty hit and what no one is talking about was that was the second play in a row that Schaub took a hit to the head. i happened to have that game on and watched Schaub get nailed in the head. then the play where he lost his helmet was the very next play.

Denver had more than a couple of questionable hits on Sanchez last time they played. i think the league needs to step up and start ejecting players for those type of hits.

That's what Schaub gets for not wearing a properly fit helmet. These guys should all be forced to wear the newest Schutt helmets. Those that are still wearing the old BIKE helmets are idiots.

No problem...just tee off on Peyton the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    That's what Schaub gets for not wearing a properly fit helmet. These guys should all be forced to wear the newest Schutt helmets. Those that are still wearing the old BIKE helmets are idiots.
    If by "old BIKE helmet" (seriously, when was the last time you saw BIKE anything on an NFL uni, much less helmet) you mean the classic Riddell and Schutts we grew up with and I would never trade anything for if I were granted another day on the field, such as this one on David Carr in his Texans days,

well here's a recent pic of Schaub and the pot on his head sure don't look like an "old BIKE helmet" to me

...but hey, why let facts get in the way