Thread: Jets Players Transactions 9-24

Jets Players Transactions 9-24

Flurry of moves by #Jets: re-signed WR Patrick Turner, OLB Bryan Thomas, waived DL Dixon, CB Fletcher, T Landolt

absolutely nothing to see here

All Pro
    Throw it away recycle it back.. Wake me up when they make a meaningful move like bring in another wideout or Sapp comes back.

All Pro
    Woop.

1 roster spot open based on these moves....and once Revis goes on IR another available roster spot.

I'm guessing another CB is needed...Possibly Chris Carr?

If Fletcher clears waivers hopefully he goes back on the PS....And then Sapp gets elevated to the 53 man
    Last edited by C Mart; 09-24-2012 at 05:25 PM.

super bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by IRONFAN 40 View Post
    Throw it away recycle it back.. Wake me up when they make a meaningful move like bring in another wideout or Sapp comes back.
    Tshhh. I know agree 100% OHHHH Patrick Turner.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    1 roster spot open based on these moves....and once Revis goes on IR another available roster spot.

I'm guessing another CB is needed...Possibly Chris Carr?
    Or Drew Coleman? Did he sign somewhere yet?

Rex liked him and he does have experience in the system.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcoops View Post
    Or Drew Coleman? Did he sign somewhere yet?

Rex liked him and he does have experience in the system.
    Aug 24 - 1:03 PM
    Lions released CB Drew Coleman with an injury settlement.

Coleman was placed on I.R. after an early-preseason concussion. Now an unrestricted free agent, the slot corner is eligible to sign with the highest bidder.

Drew Antrion Coleman[1] (born April 22, 1983) is an American football cornerback who is currently a free agent. After playing college football for Texas Christian, he was selected by the New York Jets in the sixth round of the 2006 NFL Draft. He played for the Jets for five seasons from 2006 to 2010 and the Jacksonville Jaguars in 2011.

Detroit Lions

Coleman signed a one-year contract with the Detroit Lions on July 25, 2012.[7] He was placed on injured reserve on August 16, 2012, and released from injured reserve on August 23.[8]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drew_Coleman

August 16, 2012 at 6:12 PM
    Coleman recently sustained a concussion, and was being held out of practice as a precautionary measure. It appears his brain injury was more severe than expected.

"Drew Coleman is currently sidelined with a concussion, so he hasn't been out here in a couple of days" Lions coach Jim Schwartz said on Wednesday. "He wasn't even at the facility, so when he's able to get back out, when' he's 100%, we'll get him back out. But you guys know that protocol is a very serious thing in the NFL and across sports.

"Not just football, not just NFL football, college football, high school and everything else so we'll take him day-by-day."

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf...uard_bill.html
    Last edited by C Mart; 09-24-2012 at 05:34 PM.

I also suspect more moves will happen. I think Clyde Gates might go, Harrison, and with the extra spot we have now and the spot once Revis goes on IR that is at least four new faces in here. Maybe I'm wrong but I do foresee three or four more moves.

I agree some rethreads here. I hope we can get Carr, a veteran receiver, and a pass rusher. Be nice. Guess we'll know everything by Wednesday.

My wish list:

1. Carr
    2. Andre Carter
    3. I can't believe I am saying this Plaxico.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Aug 24 - 1:03 PM
    Lions released CB Drew Coleman with an injury settlement.

Coleman was placed on I.R. after an early-preseason concussion. Now an unrestricted free agent, the slot corner is eligible to sign with the highest bidder.

Drew Antrion Coleman[1] (born April 22, 1983) is an American football cornerback who is currently a free agent. After playing college football for Texas Christian, he was selected by the New York Jets in the sixth round of the 2006 NFL Draft. He played for the Jets for five seasons from 2006 to 2010 and the Jacksonville Jaguars in 2011.

Detroit Lions

Coleman signed a one-year contract with the Detroit Lions on July 25, 2012.[7] He was placed on injured reserve on August 16, 2012, and released from injured reserve on August 23.[8]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drew_Coleman

August 16, 2012 at 6:12 PM
    Coleman recently sustained a concussion, and was being held out of practice as a precautionary measure. It appears his brain injury was more severe than expected.

"Drew Coleman is currently sidelined with a concussion, so he hasn't been out here in a couple of days" Lions coach Jim Schwartz said on Wednesday. "He wasn't even at the facility, so when he's able to get back out, when' he's 100%, we'll get him back out. But you guys know that protocol is a very serious thing in the NFL and across sports.

"Not just football, not just NFL football, college football, high school and everything else so we'll take him day-by-day."

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf...uard_bill.html
    Coleman's injury was a concussion.

Just saw you added that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    super bowl.
    lol

Much ado about nothing