Thread: Mike Wilbon=idiot

Mike Wilbon=idiot

Just watching PTI

This moron just said when talking about the Revis injury

"3 years ago people treated this guy like Deion,but he hasn't been that good lately"

Other then the Buffalo game last year when Stevie Johnson did pretty well against him,what is he watching.

He should stick to watching his beloved NBA and kissing Magic Johnson's a$$.

ESPN is terrible now. Just horrendous to watch.

He has zero clue what he is talking about. Teams don't throw at him often, when they do he makes them pay. Unfortunately he is also one of the teams best tacklers.

That's a really naive thing to say, but Wilbon is not a Jets fan and does not watch all the games. He's pretty unqualified to speak about Revis's performance the past 3 years. He's a Bears fan. Other than that, he might catch a couple games of each team a season. He's no better than the national media who act like Sanchez-Tebow is a QB controversy. They simply don't have their pulse on the team.

In his defense, he has to cover every single sport because of PTI (and basketball, if anything, is his specialty) and that is not easy to do.

Don't get your panties in a bunch over Wilbon.

PTI is the most scripted show on sports television. Think about it, the whole point of the show is to have two idiots argue with each other. One of the idiots has to take the totally idiotic point of view, and the other idiot takes the logical point of view. And then they switch back and forth for 30 minutes while viewers get all bent out of shape.

Even Wilbon doesn't believe what he's saying. They just have to fill some air time.

Was there any reply to him?

Quote Originally Posted by ikazippy View Post
    Was there any reply to him?
    No it was near the end of the segment they ran out of time.

Undrafted Free Agent
    I used to watch that show but stopped years ago simply because my blood pressure is too valuable!!!!

jf

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Clueless. Revis is consistently amazing, the best player on the field every week.

And that strip and recovery yesterday was a great play (on Daniel Thomas I think?)

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    That's a really naive thing to say, but Wilbon is not a Jets fan and does not watch all the games. He's pretty unqualified to speak about Revis's performance the past 3 years. He's a Bears fan. Other than that, he might catch a couple games of each team a season. He's no better than the national media who act like Sanchez-Tebow is a QB controversy. They simply don't have their pulse on the team.

In his defense, he has to cover every single sport because of PTI (and basketball, if anything, is his specialty) and that is not easy to do.
    Correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Conviction View Post

PTI is the most scripted show on sports television. Think about it, the whole point of the show is to have two idiots argue with each other. One of the idiots has to take the totally idiotic point of view, and the other idiot takes the logical point of view. And then they switch back and forth for 30 minutes while viewers get all bent out of shape.

Even Wilbon doesn't believe what he's saying. They just have to fill some air time.
    This sounds more like First Take. The morning show where Skip Bayless and Steven A. Smith scream at each other.

Quote Originally Posted by IHATEDOLPHINS View Post
    No it was near the end of the segment they ran out of time.
    Figures. So now angry Jets fans take his bait and email him all night long and because of all the emails he'll get his self importance rises.

Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    Correct.

This sounds more like First Take. The morning show where Skip Bayless and Steven A. Smith scream at each other.
    Wasn't Skip Bayless the dude that suggested Derek Jeter was juicing?

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    And that strip and recovery yesterday was a great play (on Daniel Thomas I think?)
    Was a great play on a down player, thank god for bad replay angles.

Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    Correct.

Yeah, I actually like Wilbon, he's a pretty thoughtful analyst. He just doesn't know a ton about the Jets so I don't pay him much mind when he has to talk about them. Bayless and SAS are basically clowns, especially Bayless. SAS is very loud but occasionally says something that makes sense, Bayless just straight up trolls.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by ikazippy View Post
    Wasn't Skip Bayless the dude that suggested Derek Jeter was juicing?
    he probably has.

Quote Originally Posted by Conviction View Post

+1 This guy actually made good sense in this post, before he got banned.

Wilbon is a windbag

Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    +1 This guy actually made good sense in this post, before he got banned.

Wilbon is a windbag
    Thanks, I appreciate it.

Funny thing is these "mods" think they can "ban" me. LOL

Sure they can ban usernames, I expect them the ban this one in a minute or so. (Flexing their muscles...)

I'll be back. Maybe later tonight, maybe not. My decision.

Wilbon is just pissed @ the Redskins bc he thought the Skins were going to be /awesome w/rg3.. They were also HATING on the Jets Big Time!!!

Just lost all respect for Wilbon.

^ I bet if Revis was a Chicago Bear, he'd be all over his nuts.

Typical Homer Fan.