Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets will man up and play toe to toe against 49ers

Jets will man up and play toe to toe against 49ers

Just a gut feeling......So far this season my gut feelings are 3 for 3. Not exactly seeing a win, just a real close game. How's that for going out on a lonely limb?

We can win just have to play a solid game with no turnovers and we have a chance.

Everyone has to pick it now that Revis is gone for the year.

wont be easy but it's do able.

Revis gone makes it a harder win but I still think it is a favorable matchup for us. Play Pace up front and box out the run and let Smith try to beat you. I think Landry on Davis will cancel out any real O SF can bring really. As far as our O same thing as will the Bills use a LOT of play action and keep those LB thinking. Sooner or later they should guess wrong. That is how Minni did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Greentide View Post
    Just a gut feeling......So far this season my gut feelings are 3 for 3. Not exactly seeing a win, just a real close game. How's that for going out on a lonely limb?
    You're on crack. This is the beginning of the end for the NYJ 2012 football season.

All Pro
    out of curiosity what were your other 2 hunches?

I think every jets fan in the world is 3-0 with their predictions at this point of the season.

W Buf
    L Pit
    W Miami

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    You're on crack. This is the beginning of the end for the NYJ 2012 football season.
    No drugs involved....we'll see. I've learned to trust my intuition.

Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    I think every jets fan in the world is 3-0 with their predictions at this point of the season.

W Buf
    L Pit
    W Miami
    Well, if my gut feelings followed odds/logic I'd agree, but they don't.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Landry will do his Job and take Gore out of the game. Literally!!

Jets Insider VIP
    That's us in a nutshell.

Going to lose and simply OK to keep it close. well...43 years and we should NOT be in a position for a DB injury to do this.

Well...THANK YOU Tanny, you have failed miserably at your job.

Look at our day one draft picks last 3 years and tell me Tanny is a good GM.

THEN look at the rest of our picks....
    Last edited by southparkcpa; 09-24-2012 at 08:28 PM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Why the long face.

-

Maybe not, and if it is, it is an indictment on the current FO regime and signals a change is needed. Having no suitable replacement for 1 player is inexcuseable IMO. Damn it they have drafted so poorly it is sickening. Almost as though they listened to idiots like Mel Kiper Jr. without scouting the players they draft.

Oh and until proven otherwise, I still say Kyle Brovlovski sucks.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    Maybe not, and if it is, it is an indictment on the current FO regime and signals a change is needed. Having no suitable replacement for 1 player is inexcuseable IMO. Damn it they have drafted so poorly it is sickening. Almost as though they listened to idiots like Mel Kiper Jr. without scouting the players they draft.

Oh and until proven otherwise, I still say Kyle Brovlovski sucks.
    Agreed...all the bullsiht about VLAD being highly touted, written up by independent scouts, PLEASE. he looks like his feet are chained with an 18 inch chain. he is slow and well slow. Wilson a 1st rounder....he would have been on the board in round 2 most likely.

Veteran
    No, no they won't.

Hall Of Fame
    Why didn't they play like that yesterday against a horrible Miami team? Not seeing a win? So you're ok with a loss? Uh.

We will see what this Jets team is made of real soon. They better showup and prove that they are more than 1 player.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    That's us in a nutshell.

Going to lose and simply OK to keep it close. well...43 years and we should NOT be in a position for a DB injury to do this.

Well...THANK YOU Tanny, you have failed miserably at your job.

Look at our day one draft picks last 3 years and tell me Tanny is a good GM.

THEN look at the rest of our picks....
    BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The 2008 draft set this team back. They went for broke in 08.

Give up a 3 and 5 for Jenkins. Great player was never on the field . Gave up a 4 for old man Farve. Gholston was a bust. They trade up for Keller.

Man I wish they could have gotten out of that 6th spot. Wheeler and dealer could not con anybody to move up.

They trade Vilma to get a 4 back. They use that Pick on Lowery.

One player left from all of that wheeling and dealing Keller.

Not good at all.

Veteran
    The OP is right. I have had a feeling the Jets would blow out the 49ers since before the season. The 49ers are the most difficult type of team to blow out. Running game, minimal turnovers, and defense. The Jets are Jekyll and Hyde team that thrives when people doubt them. They stunk in Miami. Everyone will say the Jets are a lost cause without Revis. They are probably right. However, on Sunday, the 49ers are going to get the angry Jet team that Buffalo saw on opening day. Book it.
    Last edited by RoadFan; 09-24-2012 at 09:24 PM.

AND get knock the f out. This team sucked with Revis and it will suck without Revis.

It's new era A.R.