Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets will man up and play toe to toe against 49ers

I actually think we match up well against the 49ers:

--we match up better against North-South RB's (like Frank Gore)

--Moss is not the same player, Crabtree is meh and Alex Smith is not great so I think Cro and Wilson are up to the task

--49ers D is vulnerable to inside crossing routes (Harvin killed them) if we get Keller back he can do that or even Kerley and Holmes

And this time we're playing in home instead of traveling across country to play in the Bay area. Now the Niners have to come here.

Quote Originally Posted by RoadFan View Post
    The OP is right. I have had a feeling the Jets would blow out the 49ers since before the season. The 49ers are the most difficult type of team to blow out. Running game, minimal turnovers, and defense. The Jets are Jekyll and Hyde team that thrives when people doubt them. They stunk in Miami. Everyone will say the Jets are a lost cause without Revis. They are probably right. However, on Sunday, the 49ers are going to get the angry Jet team that Buffalo saw on opening day. Book it.
    Too bad the 49ers won't be bringing the Buffalo D with them

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Too bad the 49ers won't be bringing the Buffalo D with them
    Spread the field and use inside slant routes. That's how the Vikings lit up their D.

Ofcourse I know we don't have a genius like Brian Schottenheimer anymore who would just run John Conner up the middle all game long or do a WR reverse with Patrick Turner.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    You people are on crack. We're going to get destroyed on Sunday.

This is the only stat you need to know: our record all time vs SF

2-11

All League
    SF is actually a fairly pedestrian team when they're playing from behind...the key will be to score first

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Suffering View Post
    BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The 2008 draft set this team back. They went for broke in 08.

Give up a 3 and 5 for Jenkins. Great player was never on the field . Gave up a 4 for old man Farve. Gholston was a bust. They trade up for Keller.

Man I wish they could have gotten out of that 6th spot. Wheeler and dealer could not con anybody to move up.

They trade Vilma to get a 4 back. They use that Pick on Lowery.

One player left from all of that wheeling and dealing Keller.

Not good at all.
    Patriots have Mayo from the '08 draft. Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    I actually think we match up well against the 49ers:

--we match up better against North-South RB's (like Frank Gore)

--Moss is not the same player, Crabtree is meh and Alex Smith is not great so I think Cro and Wilson are up to the task

--49ers D is vulnerable to inside crossing routes (Harvin killed them) if we get Keller back he can do that or even Kerley and Holmes

And this time we're playing in home instead of traveling across country to play in the Bay area. Now the Niners have to come here.
    I have been saying this from day one. All things point to this being a favorable game. This is a west team traveling into our house for a 1PM game who just played a game at Minni. SF makes power Os make mistakes and we don't play a power O. If we show up on ST and play smart short play action (Sanchez specialty) we should win. Set Landry on Davis and move Pace up to box up the run. Blitz on the other side with Maybin or Garrett McIntyre. I am simply not scared if they start running 2 TE sets.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

I'm interested to see how far the line is going to move now that Revis is out. Started at San Fran -3.5, I expect a ton of money to pour in on SF the rest of the week.

EDIT: wrong thread

The Jets can win this game. why can't they? The Vikings just beat the Niners but the Jets can't? NFL is a week to week game and as we have been seeing, it's very unpredictable. And after week 3 the Jets are 2-1, not 0-3 like some of you think. Played like crap Sunday and lost their best player, but still won ... coming from behind, on the road vs. a division opponent.

wish some of you "fans" would just go cheer for the giants or some other team. to be freaking out and throwing in the towel after week 3 -- when the team has a winning record -- is just baffling.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    The Jets can win this game. why can't they? The Vikings just beat the Niners but the Jets can't? NFL is a week to week game and as we have been seeing, it's very unpredictable. And after week 3 the Jets are 2-1, not 0-3 like some of you think. Played like crap Sunday and lost their best player, but still won ... coming from behind, on the road vs. a division opponent.

wish some of you "fans" would just go cheer for the giants or some other team. to be freaking out and throwing in the towel after week 3 -- when the team has a winning record -- is just baffling.
    Not throwing in the towel, but we just have a history of not winning games against certain franchises. I see us having a better chance of beating Houston than SF.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    Maybe not, and if it is, it is an indictment on the current FO regime and signals a change is needed. Having no suitable replacement for 1 player is inexcuseable IMO. Damn it they have drafted so poorly it is sickening. Almost as though they listened to idiots like Mel Kiper Jr. without scouting the players they draft.

Oh and until proven otherwise, I still say Kyle Brovlovski sucks.
    Ummmm yes this 100% .....

One need only look at the Giants and the job Jerry Reese has done when compared to the Jets FO and you see the glaring difference!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Revis gone makes it a harder win but I still think it is a favorable matchup for us.
    How is it a favorable matchup for the Jets?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    How is it a favorable matchup for the Jets?
    Especially since Harbaugh can bully the refs into giving him extra timeouts, challenges, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    Maybe not, and if it is, it is an indictment on the current FO regime and signals a change is needed. Having no suitable replacement for 1 player is inexcuseable IMO. Damn it they have drafted so poorly it is sickening. Almost as though they listened to idiots like Mel Kiper Jr. without scouting the players they draft.

Oh and until proven otherwise, I still say Kyle Brovlovski sucks.
    I've have been serious all along say that we should trade Revis next year and spread the wealth among a greater number of capable players. This is NOT the NBA. Unless you are a QB you don't have the control over the game that the money demands. (a couple pass rushers are nearly there)

All League
    Call me crazy, but I could see this happening.

All League
    Its not likely, but it is possible. The Jets do thrive on that "us against the world" mentality. I'm sure Rex is reminding the team all week that everyone else needs to step up and everyone outside the walls of Florham Park is writing off the rest of the '12 season. Even with all the money and egos, professional athletes are still ultra competitive people and they don't like being told they have no chance.

As others have mentioned, one thing we do have going for us is it's a home game. I rarely consider home games an advantage for the Jets, but there's something about coming back from two weeks on the road and facing a west coast team 1:00.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    You're on crack. This is the beginning of the end for the NYJ 2012 football season.
    Why is he on Crack?

The mighty 49ers just LOST to a team, that most people would agree, is worse than the Dolphins, who of course, the Jets beat.

Are the 49ers, coming across the country that dominant that the 2 and 1 Jets can't beat them?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    Are the 49ers, coming across the country that dominant that the 2 and 1 Jets can't beat them?
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Yes
    really? I've watched all 3 SF games and don't see a team that is unbeatable or completely dominant. go watch all their games and then tell me if you think they are dominant.