Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Schefter just said Revis's days as a Jet may be over

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Schefter just said Revis's days as a Jet may be over

I don't know how many of you saw Adam Schefter's report on the Monday Night pregame, but he said that Revis has a provision in his contract that says they can't use the franchise tag on him next year, which means he could walk as an unrestricted free agent in 2013 since it's doubtful the Jets are going to give him big money coming off an ACL. If this is true, I could believe it. Woody has been a penny-pincher the last couple of years since he's got so many unsold PSLs.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thought he was under contract for this year and next year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets r goin to win the sb w/DR watching. Just like when the Pack won sb without Woodson.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think that is after 2013 he can walk.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Best defensive player we've ever had. But it's time to move on and spend that money on far more important skill players and a pass rush.

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayRay View Post
    I don't know how many of you saw Adam Schefter's report on the Monday Night pregame, but he said that Revis has a provision in his contract that says they can't use the franchise tag on him next year, which means he could walk as an unrestricted free agent in 2013 since it's doubtful the Jets are going to give him big money coming off an ACL. If this is true, I could believe it. Woody has been a penny-pincher the last couple of years since he's got so many unsold PSLs.
    Wait - has he played enough snaps?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is also a no-holdout Claus in the contract, so if he holds out next year, the Jets have him for 4 more years. Is Schefter saying that this injury will keep him out for 2 years?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    Jets r goin to win the sb w/DR watching. Just like when the Pack won sb without Woodson.
    except Woodson played the whole season and got hurt IN the superbowl.......

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Suffering View Post
    He is h dee contract next year, and if he holds out, the contract goes for 4 more year at like $4mil per.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    All it does is give Tannenbaum leverage. And he'll use that last contract year and tell Revis stay healthy and we'll pay you. That will be a smack in the face for Revis.

I think they trade him. Cause it's gonna get ugly.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the Jets should bring him back and give him top money. He's a truly great defensive player that creates an unfair advantage for the Jets defense assuming they surround him with the right players. Tanny hasn't surrounded him with the right players. The Jets need a pass rush. Do they have one?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayRay View Post
    Woody hasn't been a penny pincher. The Jets pay the full salary cap - and if they don't it's because some of it carries over...

The reason they wouldn't pay Revis isn't because Woody wants to put more money in his pocket it would be a strategic move because they believe the money would be better spent on other areas of the team.

Veteran
    Rochester, NY--Originally from Long Island
    Post Thanks / Like
    His contract is up after the 2013 season. Either you or Schefter need to get there sh*t ) straight

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    So Schefter doesn't know Revis is under contract another year? Bad job by him.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    His contract is up after the 2013 season. Either you or Schefter need to get there sh*t ) straight
    Unless he was saying they will trade Revis before the start of next year.

(it's more likely he's just wrong - he's been wrong a lot this year. He used to be the only guy I trusted but he's been way off a lot this year.)

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Suffering View Post
    He is.

Shefter just trying to drum up something to talk about.

He's good and has great contacts but this is pure inaccurate speculation.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Who cares what a media hack is speculating

I speculate Revis will be a Jet for life.

Who do you believe?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Revis was either going to get a new deal this offseason or walk after next season to a team that will overpay. It's the same now.

If he goes into next season without a new deal and is back to his old self, then he will hit the market and some team will overpay for him.

If I'm the Jets, I try to use this injury to get a little discount and still re-sign him in the offseason in May or June after he's re-habbed and proven he's back physically.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsCrazey View Post
    Revis was either going to get a new deal this offseason or hold out. Now it's up in the air.

If he goes into next season without a new deal and is back to his old self, then he will hit the market and some team will overpay for him.

If I'm the Jets, I try to use this injury to get a little discount and still re-sign him in the offseason in May or June after he's re-habbed and proven he's back physically.
    I agree. If we can't extend him, all this changes is our ability to trade him and get some picks.

Oh well.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I honestly think we have seen the last of Revis in a Jets uniform. Especially if some how we win without him, it will show he is expendable and we can spread the money around and make a better overall team.