Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Add Another 4th Quarter Comeback For Sanchez

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, statistics are great and can be used to lead people during an argument. I mean, at their current rates Santonio Holmes will have about 1,300 yards receiving this season and the Jets will be 10-5 heading into the final game of the year, right? Woohoo!

In fact, should we be comforted, terrified or not even care that Sanchez has the same or higher QB rating than Mike Vick, Cam Newton, and Drew Brees? Does it matter that Sanchez has more TD passes than Aaron Rodgers, Tony Romo and Tom Brady?

The Jets have a flawed offense with no significant weapons and an average rushing game at best. That said, I think all the depression over the Jets win and Sanchez's 306 yards passing might be a little overdone.
    Last edited by jetstream23; 09-26-2012 at 03:24 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think winning a game from the starting whistle is much more impressive than 4th quarter comebacks ... Just sayin '

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
    4th Q Comebacks > Completion %
    Increase the completion % and you wont need the comebacks.

I am glad we have two QBs that can't hit the broad side of a barn but they win games in the 4th quarter. Now all we need is to find someone to play the first 55 minutes and we are set.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Increase the completion % and you wont need the comebacks.

I am glad we have two QBs that can't hit the broad side of a barn but they win games in the 4th quarter. Now all we need is to find someone to play the first 55 minutes and we are set.
    i think the completion % would increase just by not playing greene.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    56 NFL games

33 wins and only 23 losses

Best career record of any quarterback as a Jet in franchise history

yet the whining continues

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Marks career hinges on this Sunday. As dramatic as it sounds, if he lays an egg, we'll know the guy can't beat an elite D and just isn't an elite QB. Seeing Eli and even Ryan and Flacco look so comfortable out there murders me. Have any of you ever felt a sense if calm with Mark at QB? It's almost always been "please don't be a 3 and out" feeling with him.

God knows he has little to work with but with the defense hurting, us in a division with Brady, and an inept run game, we need to know if he can put the team on his back. Sunday can be a big turning point or the start of an inevitable decline if he ****s the bed.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsman51 View Post
    Marks career hinges on this Sunday. As dramatic as it sounds, if he lays an egg, we'll know the guy can't beat an elite D and just isn't an elite QB. Seeing Eli and even Ryan and Flacco look so comfortable out there murders me. Have any of you ever felt a sense if calm with Mark at QB? It's almost always been "please don't be a 3 and out" feeling with him.

God knows he has little to work with but with the defense hurting, us in a division with Brady, and an inept run game, we need to know if he can put the team on his back. Sunday can be a big turning point or the start of an inevitable decline if he ****s the bed.
    There is an entire thread dedicated to this concept titled Sanchez's time to shine. I agree with this ... But is an out of conference opponent.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    with all due respect

NOTHING hinges on this sunday

it's week 4 of a 16 games season and if the Jets lose, they will be 2-2 and probably still in first place in the division

long season

QB who finds a way to win nearly 60 percent of the times so far in his NFL career.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
    TD to Kerley with 3:00 and change left on the clock to go up by three, then the game winning drive in OT. Despite no defense, no running game, no Keller, Wrs that cant get separation or catch the ball, and maybe a bit of luck.

FYI.
    So sucking for 90% of the game and then actually doing what you get paid for makes it a come back?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    take your crap back to patsfans.com, troll where you belong

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by srobjets View Post
    So sucking for 90% of the game and then actually doing what you get paid for makes it a come back?
    To be fair, the entire team sucked for 90% of the game, not just Sanchez. Line couldn't run block. Backs couldn't gain more than 2 yards. Receivers drop balls and can't get open. Coaches made dumb calls.

At least Sanchez rectifies things in time to get the team a W.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    with all due respect

it's week 4 of a 16 games season and if the Jets lose, they will be 2-2 and probably still in first place in the division

long season

QB who finds a way to win nearly 60 percent of the times so far in his NFL career.
    Even you have to admit that if Mark turns into Captain Kirk the next two weeks, he will be a different player afterwards. These two game mean less for the JETS than for Sanchez.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Even you have to admit that if Mark turns into Captain Kirk the next two weeks, he will be a different player afterwards. These two game mean less for the JETS than for Sanchez.
    Definitely. Sanchez must be the catalyst for this team to win. The Jets played like they had a hangover from the Steeler game and must forget about Revis not being on the field. IMO this will be a tell-tale game..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JETFAN1 View Post
    Definitely. Sanchez must be the catalyst for this team to win. The Jets played like they had a hangover from the Steeler game and must forget about Revis not being on the field. IMO this will be a tell-tale game..
    the first step would be going to rex and asking him to bench greene in favor of the other rbs. but since sanchez and greene were in the same draft class i'm wondering if there's some loyalty with them.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Come from behind victories over Ryan Tannehill are something to brag about? Same with scoring 16 points on offense in nearly 5 quarters of football. I can only imagine if the fanbase loved what Mark did this past week, they would be blowing their load over Tebow too, because this game was straight from his 2011 handbook (inaccurate, do nothing for 55 minutes, fall way behind, struggle with team led by horrible QB, etc.)

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Come from behind victories over Ryan Tannehill are something to brag about? Same with scoring 16 points on offense in nearly 5 quarters of football. I can only imagine if the fanbase loved what Mark did this past week, they would be blowing their load over Tebow too, because this game was straight from his 2011 handbook (inaccurate, do nothing for 55 minutes, fall way behind, struggle with team led by horrible QB, etc.)
    Yeah no offensive TD's for basically 3.5 quarters and then you get to brag for 1 TD?

That ladies and gents in NY JETS football. Enjoy a green cold glass of kool aid on the house.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    with all due respect

long season

I like Mark a lot, but you know this is one of the biggest games of his career. Just lost our best player on either side of the ball, and we're playing the best D in the league. Sanchez has A LOT to prove.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    It worked for John Elway!!!
    There's a great article on Cold Hard Football Facts that points out John Elway's supposed comeback record is a fabrication by Broncos PR. Many of his comebacks were not comebacks because the Broncos never trailed.

The actual list has Peyton Manning and Dan Marino ahead of Elway, who's tied for 3rd with Johnny U.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    I'll has been drinking to that!

Its true, thats what he does.

Next time..I set my VCR to 2:50

Do some tri's and bi's till then.
    -
    What's a VCR?