Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: People Are Actually Shocked?

People Are Actually Shocked?

I can't believe how some people are surprised by this season so far. Who really thought we would be better than 8-8/9-7? It is a transition/rebuilding year, whatever you want to call it.

By the end of the year I was hoping for an organized tough offense installed post-Schotty, young draft picks to contribute and get experience, Sanchez to improve with a different OC, and then fix weak spots with some FA's and draft well in '13. That was the best I could hope for this year without feeling delusional.

That seemed to be the most realistic positive expectations I had. I expected this team to struggle in Miami, lose to teams like the Steelers, so far my only shock was that we blew out Buffalo.

Did anyone really think this team had a chance this year? Who thought our draft picks this year were gonna take the league by storm by week 3?

Get ready to clean house. There are going to be a lot of changes next year.

: Every1 just needs to shutup and let the season playout. There were alot of changes this yr.

Quote Originally Posted by Senny View Post
    I can't believe how some people are surprised by this season so far. Who really thought we would be better than 8-8/9-7? It is a transition/rebuilding year, whatever you want to call it.

By the end of the year I was hoping for an organized tough offense installed post-Schotty, young draft picks to contribute and get experience, Sanchez to improve with a different OC, and then fix weak spots with some FA's and draft well in '13. That was the best I could hope for this year without feeling delusional.

That seemed to be the most realistic positive expectations I had. I expected this team to struggle in Miami, lose to teams like the Steelers, so far my only shock was that we blew out Buffalo.

Did anyone really think this team had a chance this year? Who thought our draft picks this year were gonna take the league by storm by week 3?

are we not in first place ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    maybe the hoarders show needs to come in and do it. rex is hoarding old and slow players on the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelForbin View Post
    are we not in first place ?
    Yes we are at 2-1 and I didn't think we'd be pitiful. I just expected a decent team, but def. not a championship caliber team. Some people seem like they can't believe our D isnt #1 and that our offense isn't top notch.

Yes we are at 2-1 and I didn't think we'd be pitiful. I just expected a decent team, but def. not a championship caliber team. Some people seem like they can't believe our D isnt #1 and that our offense isn't top notch.
    we got lucky and barely beat the miami dolphins and a rookie qb in ot. many today including myself arent happy because we know whats yet to come.

All League

Weren't you paying attention to the Strp in the offseason? This is the best Jets team in 30 years.

I'm a bit surprised that our D isn't a bit more ferocious. I thought Coples might be one of those special players who contributes right out of the gate. But the kid is barely getting on the field, which is discouraging.

I expected erratic play from Hill. Some good games, some bad.

I thought Sanchez would look better given decent OL protection. That hasn't materialized yet.

Very pleasantly surprised with the play of RT Austin Howard. I rarely hear his name mentioned, which is just what you want out of your OL.

I'm not sure the Jets are starting to rebuild yet, I think they are still falling apart. Bad thing about revis injury is it may allow Rex to stay one more year.

I am actually optimistic for the future, not this year though. I really don't get how people can think Rex should get fired. I think he's done plenty as a first time head coach to earn job security past this season. Not that he is not without flaw or free from critique.

I really think the Jets just didnt want to publicly admit that they are rebuilding. But I think with the picks this year and not really going after big name free agents the last 2 seasons, they are looking long term and publicly saying that they are ready for a run this year to keep PSL sales for yuppy-casual fans who need to decide to dump $$$ on Jet tickets or some ski trips this fall/winter.

I for one predicted 4 to 5 wins max. That being said i cant believe we have half of our win total alreayd, LOL.
    Jets fans are unusually erratic. First we are the best then midgame we suck again and then after a win we are even worse. I still stand by my win loss totals only because we do not have one big time player on offense. I feel Sanchez could be a good qb if given players and honestly the franchise just hasnt done that. Then again in my book 4 to 5 wins with this talent and no Revis is a big win for us.

I also feel as if we need to clean house because honestly Rex just does not do it for me anymore. Too much talk. Too much crap with the Tebow signing and his act is getting old for me. Tannebaum has to take the blame as well for the lack of offense. So honestly I would not be opposed to starting with a new Gm and coach.

well there's always next year. coples and hill will no longer be rookies and hopefully ready to start making big plays, plus the team will be rid of the salaries of hunter, scott, pace, and smith so hopefully we should have some cap room to sign some new players. plus we'll have another high draft pick... I just really hope that sanchez steps up his game this year so we aren't talking about having to draft a QB again

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    we got lucky and barely beat the miami dolphins and a rookie qb in ot. many today including myself arent happy because we know whats yet to come.
    Please. Miami got lucky we didn't win by 20. Think about it, for that game to be close Miami needed an INT because a WR ran a bad route, a dropped TD by Hill, a phantom roughing the Kicker, a Revis injury, a Phantom false start on the goal line, another INT (in end zone) because of a wrong route, a Fasano catch that never was, and Sanchez over throwing 2 wide open WRs for TDs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    I think you are onto something here ... 'The times they are a changin' - Dylan

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    Why is it that we come out with a bad WIN and everyone is giving up on the team but SF comes out with a bad LOSS and everyone is calling them the best team in the NFC?

I still expect this to be an 11 win team. This is the NFL and you see it week in and week out. Teams win close games (there are no BAD team in this league)

Any win, specifically in-division, is a good win in the NFL.

What have you guys been watching for the past decade?

Well ... This could be a lynchpin game for us. If we shock the world ... The effects of this game will ripple throughout the NFL. However ... If we come out and **** the bed ... As expected ... The effects of a loss like that will linger throughout our 6-10 season.