Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: People Are Actually Shocked?

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    I think you are onto something here ... 'The times they are a changin' - Dylan
    This is a 2 and 1 team, 2 and 0 in division. First place and our fans our calling for rebuilding..

This has to be the worst fan base in the history of the NFL.

Enjoy some success guys...

We destroyed a very good D in week 1, lost an away game in a stadium where most away teams never win, and won a hard fought close battle on the road against a team that has a solid defense and one of the best RB's in the league. We haven't been pretty but we're not nearly as bad as you think.

Reading this thread and I feel like we are 0-3 and 1-2. SOJFs are some of the most pathetic fans in all of sports.

This team has some obvious problems, that said we're 2-1 and there's no reason to panic until we have a losing record.

-Sanchez looks better despite the numbers, our WR's have to be the most inconsistent group in the division (Kerley comes to mind here especially).
    -Greene is either injured or washed up, Powell needs to spell him if not take over as starter.
    -Our offensive line is noticeably better, who would have thought that would be the case three weeks ago?
    -D-Line play has been shaky, Pouha is still getting his legs back after that injury but Wilkerson is a lock to start for the next ten years.
    -Scott and McIntyre are playing better, Pace looks old, Maybin looks non-existent, I'd try and get Davis in at ILB or even OLB just to help this D set the edge in run support.
    -Safeties are a strength for this team, corner play other than Cromartie/Revis has been average at best.

I'll go with 10-6, this team has plenty of time to improve and has more depth to work with than we did last year.

Veteran
    I'm shocked the Jets made Spiller & Bush look like Eric Dikerson and Cromartie's play up to this point. Cromartie's play has led to a lose and almost another. The Jets are not as bad as some seem to think but the aforementioned need to be resolved fast..

Practice Squad
    Oswego County, Upstate NY, USA with my wife and family.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Please. Miami got lucky we didn't win by 20. Think about it, for that game to be close Miami needed an INT because a WR ran a bad route, a dropped TD by Hill, a phantom roughing the Kicker, a Revis injury, a Phantom false start on the goal line, another INT (in end zone) because of a wrong route, a Fasano catch that never was, and Sanchez over throwing 2 wide open WRs for TDs.
    This is true. As ugly as the win was, and how depressing it was to lose Revis, all of this was true. Also true that Bush was running wild before he was hurt, but let's say that's a wash with Revis' injury opening up the passing game for Miami.

Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    This is a 2 and 1 team, 2 and 0 in division. First place and our fans our calling for rebuilding..

Same Old Jets Fans...

A lot of these people don't deserve a super bowl team. And when the team does win the super bowl, it will be the self entitled celebration of "Finally they won one."

All League
    I still think this team can continue to get better over the course of the season:

Offense:
    - We've still yet to see Sanchez's most reliable receiver, Keller, in action (save a few snaps against Buffalo)
    - Hill can really only get better than his atrocious week 2 and week 3 outings
    - Powell is guaranteed to be better than Greene if/when he finally takes over as starter
    - We're starting to see signs that Sanchez/Holmes have some chemistry after all

Defense:
    - We've yet to see our DL at full strength. TJB noted that Pouha tends to play much better at home (he's played 2 road games so far), and he's still recovering. Coples and Ellis will get more play time, and be big time contributers (imo).
    - Our safety play is much improved, and should hopefully continue to do so as both players new to the system continue to adapt

Special Teams
    - Joe McKnight and Kerley are seriously 2 of the best returners in the business
    - Folk is kicking with the most confidence I've ever seen from him
    - We have a half-decent punter for once

We've seen some great flashes from Hill, we've caught a huge break with Howard. We have to play more disciplined on defense...we have to execute better on offense....but to write the season off today is asinine... Lets Go JETS

Practice Squad
    Oswego County, Upstate NY, USA with my wife and family.
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post

Agreed.

You know guys, not every Super Bowl winner:

- Goes 19-0...
    - Doesn't win some sloppy/ugly games they deserved to lose...
    - Looks invincible in all phases of the game (run, pass, run defense, pass defense, special teams) all season...
    - Doesn't need to catch breaks/good luck...

I notice most of these SOJF tend to be pessimistic realists. They see our faults but are blind to the faults of others and only see the good in other teams. I'm an optimistic realist. I see this team has faults and isn't as good as we'd like, but to be self-defeatist when the whole league is filled with imperfect teams and the path to the wide-open Super Bowl being more wide-open than it usually is (and recently it has been fairly wide open) is just... well... self defeatist. We aren't the best team in the league, but we are far closer to the best then we are close to the worst. Contrary to what an ugly game here or there says. We DID install a new offense and have a young WR corps (and DL), with one of Sanchez's favorite targets only playing a few snaps (and still caughta ball). But we have talent, and if the play is cleaned up, we catch a few breaks, and get hot, we can win. We need to just get better in all phases. It's not like we don't have the tools... some teams with less talent play better and win. We just need the execution. The confidence. The "getting hot" that the best teams get. Then again... with our fan base... ugh... er... ugh.... well... that's one of the biggest problems. 2 AFCCG appearences and one late-season collapse, a poor pre-season and a 2-1 start (2-0 and leading within the division, which is #1 goal of all 32 teams)... OH NO WE SUCK AGAIN AFTER 43 YEARS OH NO OH NO WE LOZERS OH NO, NOT ME, IT'S THE TEAM! FIRE THE GM, THE QBs, AND THE HEAD COACH WE MUST REBUILD... I HEAR THAT EAGLES COACH WHO WENT INTO THE SUPER BOWL CHAMPION 49ERS HOME AND WON 58-3 IS AVAILABLE... WHAT'S HIS NAME? OH YEAH... KOTITE IS AVAILABLE!!!!!!!!!! GET HIM!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by ChrisChrusher#40; 09-25-2012 at 03:45 PM.