Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Crowd Noise

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    This was definitely the game to sell. My brother had to (just had a baby) and did really well.
    Congrats on being an uncle. Fortunately we've got 3 in a row at home and 4 of the next 5, so plenty of games coming up to attend.

Promised my son that I'd take him to a road game this year, might drive up for the New England game if the Jets look competitive.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Cook View Post
    Last year's Pats game wasn't on Thanksgiving, this year's is.
    Actually the exact date of the game was November 13th 2011 but it's really irrelevant to the point that was being made. Regardless of when the exact date was, there was no reason for fans to be leaving midway through the third quarter - that was the point of the post.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    Jet fans always leave late games early. .
    And that's the main reason MetLife stadium isn't nearly as loud as it should be when the Jets play their home games....Thank you for reinforcing my point for me.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    And that's the main reason MetLife stadium isn't nearly as loud as it should be when the Jets play their home games....Thank you for reinforcing my point for me.
    It is not the fans fault. I have been to places like for instance a redsox game. Stadium is downtown walking distance from everything right by all public transportation.

Jets logistically is a nightmare. I stayed to end at a 4pm bills game once that went into overtime. I end up waiting 20 minutes to take train to secacus junction to transfer to Penn, find out NJ transist is operating on a weekend schedule and wait 45 minutes for connections which gets me to Penn last and my line is operating on a weekend schedule so another 45 minute wait. Turns out if I left 20 minutes earlier I would have got home nearly two hours earlier.

Meanwhile at a centrally located knicks game none of this is an issue. No parking lot madness, no multiple connections. Unless you live in NJ close to stadium leaving early sometimes is something you are forced to do.

Logistically the Jets should have a non stop train from Hoboken, Penn Station and Jamaica to train. The vast majority of folks driving from LI if there was a nonstop train from Jamaica railroad would use that as an alternative a lot if available.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wall Street Superstar View Post
    It's filled with entitled people looking to be seen and eat sushi. The people making noise are a mile up and a mile back. Same thing as Yankee Stadium, even playoff games are not loud. Look at youtube videos of the 2009 Jets opener or a 1995 Yankee playoff game and tell me those stadiums weren't rockin....those people have all been priced out.

Agree 100% There is nothing but a bunch of sissies close to the field these days in NY. Make noise you f!ckers! I no longer live in the NY area, but have made the last 2 openers at MetLife and I was actually yelling at other Jet fans for being on their smart phones seated, instead of screaming. At crucial points in the game for the defense, no less.

I remember being at one of the Colts-Jets 9-6 "barn burners" in the early '90's and not being able to hear the guy in the seat next to me it was so freaking loud. And the Jets consistently blew ass then.

What gives people?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Actually the exact date of the game was November 13th 2011 but it's really irrelevant to the point that was being made. Regardless of when the exact date was, there was no reason for fans to be leaving midway through the third quarter - that was the point of the post.
    The point of the post is idiotic. Perfect example, in fact, of why the fans act like they do.

The Jets were losing 23-9 at 10:45 on a Sunday night.

I had my kids (school the next morning) and myself (work the next morning) there because the Jets were 5-3, we'd won 3 straight games, and Rex Ryan promised us that the team was going to give a 100% effort and asked the fans to do so too. Press conference, email, phone calls, this was The Big Game, revenge for the loss at Foxboro, a reminder of who won the playoff matchup nine months earlier, the battle for first place, the Jets turn to siege the division after back-to-back AFCCG's. Remember? Ring a bell?

And, instead, the game played like the typical Rex Ryan Sunday script. The team isn't emotionally ready, they are flat, they can't tackle, they make mistakes, the TE kills us, boneheaded timeouts, the usual. It's 23-9, two losses to the Patriots, the harsh reality that our Super Bowl window closed, it's cold, it's late, school tomorrow, good bye.

If you want raucous fans in your building, don't promise a 100% effort and deliver 50%. It's the team that's disappointing you, not the fans. Say that to yourself 100 times so I don't have to teach you again.

SAR I

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    The point of the post is idiotic. Perfect example, in fact, of why the fans act like they do.

I had my kids (school the next morning) and myself (work the next morning) there because the Jets were 5-3, we'd won 3 straight games, and Rex Ryan promised us that the team was going to give a 100% effort and asked the fans to do so too. Press conference, email, phone calls, this was The Big Game, revenge for the loss at Foxboro, a reminder of who won the playoff matchup nine months earlier, the battle for first place, the Jets turn to siege the division after back-to-back AFCCG's. Remember? Ring a bell?

And, instead, the game played like the typical Rex Ryan Sunday script. The team isn't emotionally ready, they are flat, they can't tackle, they make mistakes, the TE kills us, boneheaded timeouts, the usual. It's 23-9, two losses to the Patriots, the harsh reality that our Super Bowl window closed, it's cold, it's late, school tomorrow, good bye.

If you want raucous fans in your building, don't promise a 100% effort and deliver 50%. It's the team that's disappointing you, not the fans. Say that to yourself 100 times so I don't have to teach you again.

SAR I
    i was at that game and left early too. rex failed to deliver what he promised. false advertising to say the least. i agree with sar i.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleedgreen View Post
    Agree 100% There is nothing but a bunch of sissies close to the field these days in NY. Make noise you f!ckers! I no longer live in the NY area, but have made the last 2 openers at MetLife and I was actually yelling at other Jet fans for being on their smart phones seated, instead of screaming. At crucial points in the game for the defense, no less.

I remember being at one of the Colts-Jets 9-6 "barn burners" in the early '90's and not being able to hear the guy in the seat next to me it was so freaking loud. And the Jets consistently blew ass then.

What gives people?
    We're tired of making noise that makes no difference.

Cheering is like love. You either love the girl or you don't, you can't manufacture it. I was at that 6-3 Colts game too back in '92 and that was a young rebuilding team that tried hard, just didn't have the talent to compete. But we cheered because we could see that they were trying, giving 100% effort on every snap.

What's different in 2010 and 2011? Those teams had the talent but didn't put up the effort. You can't love a team like that. So you can't cheer for them. They play below their capabilities, we cheer below our capabilities.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    i was at that game and left early too. rex failed to deliver what he promised. false advertising to say the least. i agree with sar i.
    Then both of you should be ashamed of yourselves.......

If you can't commit to the team and sit through the whole game then don't bother showing up.

Sell your tickets to someone who will sit through the whole game.
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 09-28-2012 at 12:09 PM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

SAR I
    Cleveland and Oakland have pretty raucous crowds and they have consistently been putting crap on the field for years.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

If you can't commit to the team and sit through the whole game then don't bother showing up.

In one post, the hero tells you how die hard he is and in another he tells you he leaves early. Go figure.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    In one post, the hero tells you how die hard he is and in another he tells you he leaves early. Go figure.
    Pretty ironic indeed.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Dude, I was at that game screaming my head off, I left with probably 6 minutes to go and I don't blame others for leaving earlier than that when we're down 2 TDs in the third qtr to NE. It was obvious that game was over

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

i had to be at work for 5am.

dont tell me how to spend my money and how to support my team.

wanna buy 4 tix to sundays game face value with parking? put up or shut up.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Diehard is not the same as stupid.

cold rainy, school night and work the next day Jets are losing by 28 in the early 4q. leaving is not dumb.

Sunday I am there early and staying late. But Texans game on a weeknight if weather is iffy and they are being blown out at some point you have to call it a day. Even more so if staying till end causes you to miss trains and get home at 2am.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    Dude, I was at that game screaming my head off, I left with probably 6 minutes to go and I don't blame others for leaving earlier than that when we're down 2 TDs in the third qtr to NE. It was obvious that game was over
    I was at the game too. Didn't leave until the end. If I am making the trek from LI my arse is in it til the end.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    i had to be at work for 5am.

dont tell me how to spend my money and how to support my team.

wanna buy 4 tix to sundays game face value with parking? put up or shut up.
    I am not telling you how to spend your money, I was actually telling you how to make some money - by selling your tickets to someone that would probably appreciate them more and sit through the whole game.

If I was not literally 8,000 miles from the east coast of the United States right now, I'd be more then happy to take them off your hands.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    Diehard is not the same as stupid.

cold rainy, school night and work the next day Jets are losing by 28 in the early 4q. leaving is not dumb.

Sunday I am there early and staying late. But Texans game on a weeknight if weather is iffy and they are being blown out at some point you have to call it a day. Even more so if staying till end causes you to miss trains and get home at 2am.
    If the Jets were winning or the game was close would you leave? The train schedules are still the same.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good for u, I have alot of respect for the guys that stay until the bitter end of bad defeats, I tend to stay until the offense fails that last time and its obviously over as far as a comeback, thenas I make my way out watching the TVs, I can run back in if something crazy happens like Houston in 2010

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was at the game too. Didn't leave until the end. If I am making the trek from LI my arse is in it til the end.
    Good for u, I have alot of respect for the guys that stay until the bitter end of bad defeats, I tend to stay until the offense fails that last time and its obviously over as far as a comeback, thenas I make my way out watching the TVs, I can run back in if something crazy happens like Houston in 2010