Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Crowd Noise

Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    If the Jets were winning or the game was close would you leave? The train schedules are still the same.
    I for one have never left a close game

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    We're tired of making noise that makes no difference.

Cheering is like love. You either love the girl or you don't, you can't manufacture it. I was at that 6-3 Colts game too back in '92 and that was a young rebuilding team that tried hard, just didn't have the talent to compete. But we cheered because we could see that they were trying, giving 100% effort on every snap.

What's different in 2010 and 2011? Those teams had the talent but didn't put up the effort. You can't love a team like that. So you can't cheer for them. They play below their capabilities, we cheer below our capabilities.

SAR I
    I don't really agree with you analogy, but to each their own.

To me, you either love the team or not. Through ups and downs. If there is a possibility that cheering and screaming will help the defense (as I believe it did against the Patriots when Rex initially called for it) then I'm going to do it. My personal opinion is that technology and fantasy football have ruined fans of today, but that's for another discussion.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    I was at the game too. Didn't leave until the end. If I am making the trek from LI my arse is in it til the end.
    Amen to that. I am the exact same way.

I can't make it to every game, but when I do go, I am there 'til the end - win, lose or draw.

ive stayed until the end for 95% of the games i attended. nothing more amusing than watching the drunks stumble out after an ugly loss looking to fight anyone who looks at them funny. that and the reward the jets give out an energy drink,light up bracelet or 99 cent coffee mug.

then its obstacle course city zig zagging my car in and out of all the broken glass and trash in the lot.

i look at all this as the bad side of owning season tickets. when i leave is my business and none of yours unless of course you want to start paying for my tickets and psl fee? let me know i take paypal. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    ive stayed until the end for 95% of the games i attended. nothing more amusing than watching the drunks stumble out after an ugly loss looking to fight anyone who looks at them funny. that and the reward the jets give out an energy drink,light up bracelet or 99 cent coffee mug.

then its obstacle course city zig zagging my car in and out of all the broken glass and trash in the lot.

i look at all this as the bad side of owning season tickets. when i leave is my business and none of yours unless of course you want to start paying for my tickets and psl fee? let me know i take paypal. thanks
    Amen

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Cheering is like love. You either love the girl or you don't

SAR I
    Then why would it take priority over your daughter?

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    It's not cheering, cheering is what the girls do when Offense executes a play properly or scores 6, ya know the plays only the offense knows.

Jets Insider VIP
    looking forward to a great live game at Jet Life on Sunday

GO JETS

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    It's not cheering, cheering is what the girls do when Offense executes a play properly or scores 6, ya know the plays only the offense knows.
    Exactly!! in Seattle the noise is when the defense is on the field. Its loud and relentless. Thats the reason Century Link has the league record for false starts.

I go all the time, and if I dont wear ear plugs, I go home with headache

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    Then both of you should be ashamed of yourselves.......

If you can't commit to the team and sit through the whole game then don't bother showing up.

Sell your tickets to someone who will sit through the whole game.
    Our obligation to the Jets ends once they cash our checks in April.

We don't work for them. They work for us. We pay them, they entertain us. If they give 100% we'll cheer loudly win or lose. If they give 50% we'll say mean things to each other in the stands and eventually boo them.

We stay through a whole game if the outcome is undecided. But once it's clear we're going to win (Buffalo two weeks ago) or clear we're going to lose (Pats last year) we leave. We're there for the competition. Once it's decided, goodbye.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Cleveland and Oakland have pretty raucous crowds and they have consistently been putting crap on the field for years.
    There's nothing to do in Cleveland and Oakland, the NFL is all they have.

New York, different story.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

In one post, the hero tells you how die hard he is and in another he tells you he leaves early. Go figure.
    Two or three games a year are decided in the third quarter, you know the game is over, garbage time. Since I don't fight, smoke, or drink there's nothing interesting to see.

I am in the shower at 9, leave the house at 10, and am at the stadium by 10:30. If I choose to leave a blowout at 3:45 instead of 4:15, that's my call. Six hours of sacrifice at a Jets game instead of seven, still much more than the couple of hours you put in on your couch.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    i had to be at work for 5am.

dont tell me how to spend my money and how to support my team.

wanna buy 4 tix to sundays game face value with parking? put up or shut up.
    They don't show up and they don't shut up.

Drunks.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

I was at the game too. Didn't leave until the end. If I am making the trek from LI my arse is in it til the end.
    An, attend the big Patriots game but don't show up for the Chiefs.

Front-running much?

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

SAR I
    This message is hidden because SAR I is on your ignore list.
    View Post Unread Today, 01:34 PM

Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 09-28-2012 at 01:43 PM.

Two or three games a year are decided in the third quarter, you know the game is over, garbage time. Since I don't fight, smoke, or drink there's nothing interesting to see.

I am in the shower at 9, leave the house at 10, and am at the stadium by 10:30. If I choose to leave a blowout at 3:45 instead of 4:15, that's my call. Six hours of sacrifice at a Jets game instead of seven, still much more than the couple of hours you put in on your couch.

SAR I
    How about you leave the house at 11?

Seems like you care more about getting to the stadium early than staying through the game.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    Then why would it take priority over your daughter?
    Because I'm diehard.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    SAR I
    This message is hidden because SAR I is on your ignore list.
    View Post Unread Today, 01:34 PM

Run and hide.

Run and hide.

Run and hide.

SAR I

They don't show up and they don't shut up.

Drunks.

SAR I
    so you're saying some of these posters that are critical of you and i are the same sloppy drunks i see weekly at the games? its a no wonder they stay till the end its probably when they wake up.

they start paying my way they can tell me what to do until then shut the hell up and mind your own business.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rexipus Rex View Post
    How about you leave the house at 11?

Seems like you care more about getting to the stadium early than staying through the game.