Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: Crowd Noise

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    i tailgate weekly when i go to the games. family and friends and we manage to do it without taking 3 spots tents unless of course its raining,without flags without the boom boxes and all that stuff. we have quite the good time and we dont break any rules.
    So when it rains you break the rules... Btw I do not see three spots taken for tailgating, maybe one if that...

Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    So when it rains you break the rules... Btw I do not see three spots taken for tailgating, maybe one if that...
    actually no the tent is 10x12 and we position it near the back of the 2 cars parked next to eachother. the tent covers a small portion of the trunk areas and we sit as close to the back of the cars as possible. as you are already familiar with the way people drive in the rows.

ive seen more than 3 taken with grills food tables sitting tables speakers sound systems and chairs and all the parking lot janitors do is walk by smiling. meanwhile those who paid to park have to walk further because of this.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    We do that. Lots.

Problem is, by the 4th quarter our wrists are arthritic and our palms are blistered because all we do is make noise for the defense. The offense is always on the bench after yet another three-and-out. The defense is on the field for lengthy drives where we stop one 3rd down attempt out of 6.

We pay the Jets to entertain us. We don't pay the Jets to make noise. We're glad to make noise to help the team win, but if they play like crap with a 50% effort, we're done at halftime, they can go try to win it like a road game.

SAR I
    I will have to start using this kind of thinking in my everyday life. "Sorry sweetheart you got an F on your report card in the first half of the year. I can't help you to do any better in the 2nd half, you are on your own".

If you choose to only remember the negative things about the team that is your choice. But it is sad that it rubs off on others. The team is 2-1 so you have missed the offense/team find a way to win in between all those 3 & outs.

I know anyone that is not lucky enough to live in the NY/NJ area or have enough cash to buy tickets,hotels & fly in to the games is not as big a fan as you are SAR but come on man. I know I am a "pretzel eater" as you like to say but I have played and coached more than my share of football over the years and know the "sit back with arms folded" attitude gets people nowhere.

It's easy to give high effort when things are going well.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Was normal for me, what does your instruction sheet read, when is the last time you talked to the Dr.? take 10mg???
    Thanks. This morning. I may try 10mg later to see if that helps.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by VERMONT JET View Post
    I will have to start using this kind of thinking in my everyday life. "Sorry sweetheart you got an F on your report card in the first half of the year. I can't help you to do any better in the 2nd half, you are on your own".

If you choose to only remember the negative things about the team that is your choice. But it is sad that it rubs off on others. The team is 2-1 so you have missed the offense/team find a way to win in between all those 3 & outs.

I know anyone that is not lucky enough to live in the NY/NJ area or have enough cash to buy tickets,hotels & fly in to the games is not as big a fan as you are SAR but come on man. I know I am a "pretzel eater" as you like to say but I have played and coached more than my share of football over the years and know the "sit back with arms folded" attitude gets people nowhere.

It's easy to give high effort when things are going well.
    Since Rex Ryan's first game as head coach, the Jets have given a 100% effort at home two maybe three games at most. And as more time passes and as the Jets give a weaker and weaker effort, it makes it harder just to attend the games let alone cheering loudly when we're there.

We know what to do, we are just waiting for them to show us something. When they give 100%, we'll give 100%. I can promise you that. Until then, if you don't like what you hear on TV, blame the Jets not us.

SAR I

Since Rex Ryan's first game as head coach, the Jets have given a 100% effort at home two maybe three games at most. And as more time passes and as the Jets give a weaker and weaker effort, it makes it harder just to attend the games let alone cheering loudly when we're there.

We know what to do, we are just waiting for them to show us something. When they give 100%, we'll give 100%. I can promise you that. Until then, if you don't like what you hear on TV, blame the Jets not us.

SAR I
    as i see things we give 110%. we pay astronomical psl fees and ticket prices plus fuel and food starting each game day early. we show up alot of times the jets dont.

Veteran

SAR I
    I guess I just can't agree with your assessment of "giving 100%". A team can give 100% and still lose a game. The other team gets paid too. You can be giving something 100% and the other guy still wins on occasion.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by VERMONT JET View Post
    I guess I just can't agree with your assessment of "giving 100%". A team can give 100% and still lose a game. The other team gets paid too. You can be giving something 100% and the other guy still wins on occasion.
    Of course.

But in the Ryan era I can't recall a single loss where we gave 100% and came up short. The closest I can come up with is the home loss to Green Bay, but we were shut out 9-0 and while the D gave 100% the offense certainly didn't.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Of course.

But in the Ryan era I can't recall a single loss where we gave 100% and came up short. The closest I can come up with is the home loss to Green Bay, but we were shut out 9-0 and while the D gave 100% the offense certainly didn't.

SAR I
    D always gives 100% problem is they don't know where the play is going.

Tried to PM you, but you've got that feature blocked.

I'm at Day 9 after an open inguinal surgery. I can leave the house and drive and walk around for about an hour before feeling tightness there, almost feels like I have a hernia, lots of pressure, very uncomfortable, occasional "pinch" feeling under the skin that lasts for 1 second. I pop an Oxycodone 5MG and it takes the edge off but doesn't make the discomfort go away.

Just wondering when I'll stop feeling the tightness and be able to have greater stamina. If what I'm experiencing is a normal post-op Day 9 based on your experience.

Thanks.

SAR I
    Hope you feel better. I'm missing my first home game since 1999 tomorrow. 13 years, 105 straight regular season/1 playoff game. Had surgery on my lower right leg on Tuesday and with 10-15 stitches I tried to come up with every imagineable way to make it tomorrow.

I was nice though I still cooked my end of the food for my tailgate crew to have. Sangria, meatballs, chicken marsala, and grilled bread with pesto tomato and mozzarell.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Jets337 View Post
    Hope you feel better. I'm missing my first home game since 1999 tomorrow. 13 years, 105 straight regular season/1 playoff game. Had surgery on my lower right leg on Tuesday and with 10-15 stitches I tried to come up with every imagineable way to make it tomorrow.

I was nice though I still cooked my end of the food for my tailgate crew to have. Sangria, meatballs, chicken marsala, and grilled bread with pesto tomato and mozzarell.
    Same here, hope you recover quickly.

Let's sit in bed, take our meds, and root the boys onto victory.

SAR I

Undrafted Free Agent
    Surgery?!?! While you guys are home eating your pretzels, the real fans will be in the stadium! Lol... Just kidding

Hopefully you guys will feel a bit better after we knock an extremely overrated 49ers team out tomorrow... 23-16 Jets win... Book it

Same here, hope you recover quickly.

Let's sit in bed, take our meds, and root the boys onto victory.

SAR I
    Should we pop an extra vicodin? If we win it's to celebrate if we lose it's too numb the additional pain we've caused by moving around in bed from the aggravation.

Quote Originally Posted by RichmondVA_Jets View Post
    Surgery?!?! While you guys are home eating your pretzels, the real fans will be in the stadium! Lol... Just kidding

Hopefully you guys will feel a bit better after we knock an extremely overrated 49ers team out tomorrow... 23-16 Jets win... Book it
    I hope you're right. I had friends texting me before offering to buy a ticket to carry me into the stadium. Last game I missed was 1999. Been going since 1991 I sat through 14 of 16 Rich Kotite regular season games.

I just don't get it. We have such "woe is me" fans. Like c'mon man, at least wait until we have a losing record to start bashing the team. We're 2-1 and in a big game come 1pm. If the fans don't show up, that's on them, not the team.

the main reason for the lack of noise is that you have a crowd that is not passionate anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    the main reason for the lack of noise is that you have a crowd that is not passionate anymore.
    Would have been a nice day in the Javit's dome....That stadium is awful. I have no interest in going. Would like to support the team but the crowds/drunks are not worth it to a 54 year old fart. I think they need a noise meter for internet/home guys!!!

Would have been a nice day in the Javit's dome....That stadium is awful. I have no interest in going. Would like to support the team but the crowds/drunks are not worth it to a 54 year old fart. I think they need a noise meter for internet/home guys!!!

Do you think people would pay a buck a game to get on a noise meter from home (that amplified noise in the stadium)? Maybe 2 bucks and one goes to charity?

Jets Insider VIP
    say something dumb once and then, if it is really really dumb

repeat it a second time

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

No.

It's because you have a team that's not passionate anymore.

Have you watched the last 10 quarters of Jets football? If you have, you'd know what I'm talking about. We don't want to be unhappy. We don't invest 7 hours on a Sunday to not support them. They suck the life out of us.

SAR I