Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 365

Thread: Crowd Noise

  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    They were loud when they got their 1st 2.
    Look, if people want to make the argument that New Stadium isn't as loud as Old Stadium, that's fair and accurate.

    Don't blame the fans, not our fault, we didn't design the thing.

    SAR I

  2. #82
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    17,017
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Look, if people want to make the argument that New Stadium isn't as loud as Old Stadium, that's fair and accurate.

    Don't blame the fans, not our fault, we didn't design the thing.

    SAR I
    I will give you that to a degree, however, Lincoln Financial is open on 3 sides and has 20k less fan capacity and is twice as loud.

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    I will give you that to a degree, however, Lincoln Financial is open on 3 sides and has 20k less fan capacity and is twice as loud.
    Why? Because FOX pipes in more audio from its field microphones than CBS?

    I love these examples. Philadelphia. Detroit. San Diego. Seattle. Losing, crappy, awful teams. Boy, guess that crowd noise really is a help, yup, better get me some more of that.

    Or, better yet, perhaps we can play in a stadium like the Giants do right over there in New Jersey. See, in that place we can make noise and help the team win a Super Bowl. Pity they won't let us play there. Place must be magic, Jerry, magic.

    SAR I

  4. #84
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Vinegar Hill, Brooklyn ...
    Posts
    2,229
    Quote Originally Posted by BLEEDgreenN'white View Post
    Because we have to share it with another team?
    That accounts for the neutral coulours ... I can accept that.

    It's that damn shape of the thing, it's ultra-conservative, to me it says staid old boring Giants organization.

    Cowboys, Seahawks, Steelers and Titans all have used some imagination when it came to stadium design ... and they are just the ones I am aware of.

  5. #85
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    17,017
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Why? Because FOX pipes in more audio from its field microphones than CBS?

    I love these examples. Philadelphia. Detroit. San Diego. Seattle. Losing, crappy, awful teams. Boy, guess that crowd noise really is a help, yup, better get me some more of that.

    Or, better yet, perhaps we can play in a stadium like the Giants do right over there in New Jersey. See, in that place we can make noise and help the team win a Super Bowl. Pity they won't let us play there. Place must be magic, Jerry, magic.

    SAR I
    No, because I have been there, they are the 3rd winningest team over the last decade.

  6. #86
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    BURLINGTON, VERMONT
    Posts
    1,176
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Why? Because FOX pipes in more audio from its field microphones than CBS?

    I love these examples. Philadelphia. Detroit. San Diego. Seattle. Losing, crappy, awful teams. Boy, guess that crowd noise really is a help, yup, better get me some more of that.

    Or, better yet, perhaps we can play in a stadium like the Giants do right over there in New Jersey. See, in that place we can make noise and help the team win a Super Bowl. Pity they won't let us play there. Place must be magic, Jerry, magic.

    SAR I
    I can tell you on more than one occasion that I have been watching a Giants game and can't believe its the same place the Jets play because its so much louder. Keep making excuses man,its always someone else's fault right?

  7. #87
    Another thing that can help increase crowd noise and help pump up fans: stop playing beer pong and corn hole 15 minutes before the game and come into the stadium at least 30 minutes prior to game time and cheer on the team as they come out of the tunnel. Besides the entire stadium standing up on every 3rd down, this is the one thing that gets me real pumped up and it sucks that about 50% of the stadium is in the building cheering on the team for introductions and only 25% stand up and cheer. There is no such thing as a home field advantage in MetLife Stadium and it is beyond disappointing.

  8. #88
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    10,497
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Bull***t.

    You know what helps? Effort by the TEAM.

    In the past 3 seasons I can't tell you how many quarters and halves of games were played just like the Miami game. Poor execution, lousy tackling, dumb penalties, confounding timeouts, lack of urgency, lousy playcalling, no halftime adjustments, and on and on.

    And, not to mention, there are never any offensive touchdowns, only a handful of first downs, a boatload of three-and-outs. All the typical fan does all game is cheer the defense and it's exhausting to keep making noise on 3rd downs as if that's what we came to see.

    The fans aren't the issue. We're the same group that was always there, but the best of that group, the ones willing to spend a lot of money, the ones who aren't piss drunk and making no noise at all. You've got more passionate fans who are paying attention more than ever, and we simply don't like what we're seeing.

    SAR I
    Ive had season tickets for both the Jets and Seahawks. For years, I would get frustrated with the lack of home field advantage. People come in late, and leave at the end of the third quarter.

    Even in a losing season, I come home with a headache from the noise at Century Link. The fans in Seattle are so loud, that you almost need ear plugs.

    They stay until the game is over, and hardly anyone ever leaves early. They don't get quiet because the team isn't performing either.

    The one thing I am comforted by is the Packers showed last night that the Seahawks can be vulnerable at home. They dont lose many home games, so hopefully the one they lose at home this year will be against the Jets.

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexamillion5592 View Post
    Another thing that can help increase crowd noise and help pump up fans: stop playing beer pong and corn hole 15 minutes before the game and come into the stadium at least 30 minutes prior to game time and cheer on the team as they come out of the tunnel. Besides the entire stadium standing up on every 3rd down, this is the one thing that gets me real pumped up and it sucks that about 50% of the stadium is in the building cheering on the team for introductions and only 25% stand up and cheer. There is no such thing as a home field advantage in MetLife Stadium and it is beyond disappointing.
    The Jets disappoint us. Again, if you don't like the way the fans cheer the Jets, blame the Jets and their lackluster play. Cheering is 100% emotion. You can't tell someone to love you; they either do or they don't.

    I agree that the drunks can end their stupid tailgates 15 minutes early, would be nice to have a full house before the end of the first drive for a change. Especially since they're the only ones who respond to Fireman Ed and his ridiculous and humiliating organized pregame chants. Last home game, he called us "clowns", we couldn't believe it.

    SAR I

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    Ive had season tickets for both the Jets and Seahawks. For years, I would get frustrated with the lack of home field advantage. People come in late, and leave at the end of the third quarter.

    Even in a losing season, I come home with a headache from the noise at Century Link. The fans in Seattle are so loud, that you almost need ear plugs.

    They stay until the game is over, and hardly anyone ever leaves early. They don't get quiet because the team isn't performing either.

    The one thing I am comforted by is the Packers showed last night that the Seahawks can be vulnerable at home. They dont lose many home games, so hopefully the one they lose at home this year will be against the Jets.
    I'm happy for the low-standards fans in Seattle who have 13 losing seasons in the last 19 tries. I guess all their cheering really paid off.

    Perhaps the Seahawks gave 100% effort even in the midst of 4-12 campaigns. Perhaps the Seahawks haven't played beneath their abilities. Perhaps the Seahawks never quit on their head coach. Perhaps.

    SAR I

  11. #91
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    BURLINGTON, VERMONT
    Posts
    1,176

    Arrow

    Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    Ive had season tickets for both the Jets and Seahawks. For years, I would get frustrated with the lack of home field advantage. People come in late, and leave at the end of the third quarter.

    Even in a losing season, I come home with a headache from the noise at Century Link. The fans in Seattle are so loud, that you almost need ear plugs.

    They stay until the game is over, and hardly anyone ever leaves early. They don't get quiet because the team isn't performing either.

    The one thing I am comforted by is the Packers showed last night that the Seahawks can be vulnerable at home. They dont lose many home games, so hopefully the one they lose at home this year will be against the Jets.
    Dude, don't you read this message board? The noise is more about the stadium and how it is built than it is the fans being loud. Also the team has to be playing lights out to get the Jets fans to cheer. You must be mistaken about other fans cheering and trying to help their team win no matter what the situation .

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by VERMONT JET View Post
    Dude, don't you read this message board? The noise is more about the stadium and how it is built than it is the fans being loud. Also the team has to be playing lights out to get the Jets fans to cheer. You must be mistaken about other fans cheering and trying to help their team win no matter what the situation
    +1

    Couldn't have said it any better. Enjoy your pretzels.

    SAR I

  13. #93
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,215
    Ny fans are very complacent and flaky. Its not just in football....its every sport. At times, our stadiums/arenas can be ridiculously loud. But , its nit consistent.

    I remember hearing the Caps saying how surprised they were at how quiet the Garden was a couple yrs ago. Of all ny teams, i would think that the Rags would have to worry about that the least, but they have a ton of corporate types in their crowd like evey other team.

  14. #94
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    10,497
    Quote Originally Posted by VERMONT JET View Post
    Dude, don't you read this message board? The noise is more about the stadium and how it is built than it is the fans being loud. Also the team has to be playing lights out to get the Jets fans to cheer. You must be mistaken about other fans cheering and trying to help their team win no matter what the situation .
    So sorry, I forgot. Now I remember back before I moved, the reason everyone had for not being loud was because the Jets played in Giants Stadium, and it was supposed to change when they had a stadium with a different name on it.

    There was always plenty of noise at the spirals during halftime though.....

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Ny fans are very complacent and flaky. Its not just in football....its every sport. At times, our stadiums/arenas can be ridiculously loud. But , its nit consistent.

    I remember hearing the Caps saying how surprised they were at how quiet the Garden was a couple yrs ago. Of all ny teams, i would think that the Rags would have to worry about that the least, but they have a ton of corporate types in their crowd like evey other team.
    As a Rangers and a Jets fan, there are a lot of similarities. Big names, no-shows, look great one week, look brutal the next, head coaches who can embarrass, postseason teases, playoff implosions.

    New York fans expect one thing, really. Deep down it's simply this: Give 100%.

    When the Rangers or Jets don't give 100%, New Yorkers don't either.

    SAR I

  16. #96
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,411
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    As a Rangers and a Jets fan, there are a lot of similarities. Big names, no-shows, look great one week, look brutal the next, head coaches who can embarrass, postseason teases, playoff implosions.

    New York fans expect one thing, really. Deep down it's simply this: Give 100%.

    When the Rangers or Jets don't give 100%, New Yorkers don't either.

    SAR I
    Amen to that. I lost a few hundred when we lost to Pitt. Mostly small bets, 2 for 100 each, 2 at 20. When I paid each bet my comment was... I don't mind losing, it's the gutless , no show performance. Embarassed on national TV.

    Then I paid.

  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Amen to that. I lost a few hundred when we lost to Pitt. Mostly small bets, 2 for 100 each, 2 at 20. When I paid each bet my comment was... I don't mind losing, it's the gutless , no show performance. Embarassed on national TV.

    Then I paid.
    Very sorry, it's hard enough dealing with the frustration of a loss on a Sunday, to lose money too has got to really suck.

    SAR I

  18. #98
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Borgo's House
    Posts
    4,459
    Quote Originally Posted by JamaicanJetFan View Post
    Sadly, MetLife doesn't seem to get as loud as Giants Stadium
    True. But Giants Stadium was never that loud to begin with... I remember being at a game in Buffalo where I felt my ears were going to bleed it was so loud. Never like that for the Jets. Never.

  19. #99
    It's a combination of design and fan dropout. There are less diehard fans in the stadium now, that's just the way it is due to PSL's. I have PSL's, I like them, love my seats and cheer my ass off, but it won't ever be the same. It is what it is. Giants fans don't make noise and their team wins.

  20. #100
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,411
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Very sorry, it's hard enough dealing with the frustration of a loss on a Sunday, to lose money too has got to really suck.

    SAR I
    To paraphrase a "Field of Dreams"

    "Ray...Its money they have, its memories they want".

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us