Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Crowd Noise

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NPTJET53 View Post
    A good fan listens to the Jets game while at the daughters soccer game, a bad parent skips their daughters soccer game for a NFL game.
    Yes. By definition, he is a MUCH bigger fan than SAR.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetChefJR View Post
    I was at the game in Miami this past weekend and even that half-filled stadium was louder than the crowd at MetLife.
    Last November, I happened to be in New Jersey for a job-related school, so, I bought a ticket to the Jets/Patriots game at Metlife stadium, I was in row 7 at the 20 yd line right behind & slightly to the right of the Jets bench which were pretty good seats.

Well obviously the Jets got waxed and people were leaving the stadium half-way through the 3rd quarter and the crowd noise was non-existent by the tail-end of the 2nd quarter.

Conversely, I have been at every Jets/Dolphins game for the last 10 years up until this season (I am on the other side of the world right now) and one thing I can tell you about SunLife stadium, the Dolphins might be a horrible team but their fans will stay 'til the bitter end of any game no matter how bad they lose.

I have even gotten into arguments with Dolphins fans leaving a Jets/ Dolphins game that the Dolphins lost, cause they were still talking smack after the game.
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 09-27-2012 at 02:02 PM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    Last November, I happened to be in New Jersey for a job-related school, so, I bought a ticket to the Jets/Patriots game at Metlife stadium, I was in row 7 at the 20 yd line right behind & slightly to the right of the Jets bench which were pretty good seats.

Well obviously the Jets got waxed and people were leaving the stadium half-way through the 3rd quarter and the crowd noise was non-existent by the tail-end of the 2nd quarter.

Conversely, I have been at every Jets/Dolphins game for the last 10 years up until this season (I am on the other side of the world right now) and one thing I can tell you about SunLife stadium, the Dolphins might be a horrible team but their fans will stay 'til the bitter end of any game no matter how bad they lose.

I have even gotten into arguments with Dolphins fans leaving a Jets/ Dolphins game that the Dolphins lost, cause they were still talking smack after the game.
    half the seats were empty at last weeks jets dolphines game and last years pats game was on thanksgiving

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    half the seats were empty at last weeks jets dolphines game and last years pats game was on thanksgiving
    Yes it was - I said last November.

It was also a late game, so, no excuse for leaving early when it didn't start until 8:30pm......Thanksgiving festivities were pretty much over by the time the game started....
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 09-27-2012 at 04:17 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I am not mocking anyone.

THEY are mocking US. I'm defending myself. Can you read the thread before participating in it perhaps? Might be nice.

SAR I
    Mocking is a harsh word... no one is mocking you, and relax, those who attend the games make plenty of noise, those in bars make noise too, just can't hear it in the stadium since they are not there. I am sure many that do not go to the games really do not have a choice in the matter anyway and perhaps there is a bit of envy that you have tix and they don't...
    Look, I have not missed a home game since 2003. I will be running the gauntlet with the Thanksgiving game, but I will be there, just not the full tailgate, which stinks. Next year prob will be the end of the streak as I may have my son's soccer on Sundays but what can I do... I guess I can tailgate before the soccer game LOL...

We should get Sooth to put out a time list of who is logged into this site... that would be some interesting numbers to crunch.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    Better the be viewed by other fans as a fair weather fan than to have a grown woman look back on her childhood and label you as a fair weather dad.

If I could do it over again, I would have donated my tickets to Big Brothers/Big Sisters and gone to my kids games and parties.
    Wow, you are not a good fan at all.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangrene View Post
    I was shocked when I saw the final designs and early photos of the stadium, mind numbingly bland.

There are dynamic cool stadiums out there, how so much money could be spent to produce something so flavourless boggles the mind.
    My thoughts exactly, this stadium is really a shrine, an investment
    that was designed to make a few million for ecological pigs
    who didn't need the money, the environment is the real
    loser, Giants stadium finally had some character and appeal,
    and they destroy it for the ugliest piece of **** ever built.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, you are not a good fan at all.

SAR I
    1) Is being a good fan more important than being a good Dad?
    2) Would the Jets staff or players really be impressed that you put entertainment over family?

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Same fans, different team.

Name 1 Jet you admire. Just 1. You know, in the mold of Klecko, Toon, Chrebet. You can't. These Jets aren't likeable, they don't play hard, their coach is an idiot, their GM is clueless.

We get to the game and we're amped, ready to kill for the team. And then they do it again to us, they no-show, they don't play hard, don't block, don't tackle, and we sit there more quietly as a result.

This team blows. On many, many levels. That's the problem. The fans are saints for putting up with it as long as we have.

SAR I
    This team is young and you aren't giving them a chance to develop.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    Yes it was - I said last November.

It was also a late game, so, no excuse for leaving early when it didn't start until 8:30pm......Thanksgiving festivities were pretty much over by the time the game started....
    Last year's Pats game wasn't on Thanksgiving, this year's is.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not gonna get into the argument, all I'm gonna say is watching this Ravens/Browns game their stadium is packed, PACKED!!!, 6 minutes before kickoff. We're lucky to fill in the stadium by the start of the 2nd quarter. That's a problem.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    I'm not gonna get into the argument, all I'm gonna say is watching this Ravens/Browns game their stadium is packed, PACKED!!!, 6 minutes before kickoff. We're lucky to fill in the stadium by the start of the 2nd quarter. That's a problem.
    Man don't you know it's the teams fault?? The fans know the Jets aren't going to give 100% so why should they be inside for the kickoff?

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry, I'm to important.

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Post Thanks / Like

Practice Squad
    Oswego County, Upstate NY, USA with my wife and family.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    I don't get your premise. You think that because the seahawks are the only game in town makes the fans cheer louder? Why? I can understand TV ratings being higher in a one horse town but making the fans more vocal? Plus I disagree with the only game premise in that both Washington State and Washington being big time football programs that Patriot and Jet football fans don't have.

It is a culture that the team perpetuates and encourages. Combine that with the accoustics you get the 12th man.
    Holy smokes, I agree with a Pats fan.

Well, there's a first time for everything.

Practice Squad
    Oswego County, Upstate NY, USA with my wife and family.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsCrazey View Post
    The fans have showed up for 1 game in the entire Rex Ryan era. That was the home game in 2009 vs. New England in the old stadium.

Having said that, the team on the field does little to inspire us as well.

Jets home games seems to be an even split between 3 types of people:
    1) casual fans and families who come late and leave after 3 quarters and make zero noise
    2) the older fans from Shea Stadium who are too old and jaded to stand up and make noise
    3) younger fans who are actually loud but can't afford a good seat.
    Hmm... it seems like this and the acoustics of the new stadium are a problem. I'm so jealous of other teams with equal or lesser talent and equal or lesser results make more noise just because the fans seem more passionate and the stadium seems louder.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Diego Jet Fan View Post
    My thoughts exactly, this stadium is really a shrine, an investment
    that was designed to make a few million for ecological pigs
    who didn't need the money, the environment is the real
    loser, Giants stadium finally had some character and appeal,
    and they destroy it for the ugliest piece of **** ever built.
    So, after 30 years of whining about red seats, blue seats, "Giants" in the stadium name, the Jets get a stadium dripping with green and white on Sunday's.

And it's worse, than playing in Giants Stadium.

LOL. You people are hysterical.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    1) Is being a good fan more important than being a good Dad?
    2) Would the Jets staff or players really be impressed that you put entertainment over family?
    It's a matter of personal choice. Just shows how diehard I am compared to the rest of you poseurs.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    This team is young and you aren't giving them a chance to develop.

This team is old and we've watched them squander two brilliant chances at Super Bowl glory.

And like the 80's Cleveland Browns before them, it's a long, long way back, just to get back to those 30 minutes in Pittsburgh is going to take a decade, maybe more.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Go shout at the blue collar common-man fans because they're the ones who are constantly late.

Those of us who don't use the parking lot as the world's dumpiest sports bar get to the stadium 2 hours early, find a parking spot, make Logan's Run through Vietnam, and get into the gates with plenty of time to visit the gift shop, see the ESPN booth, get pics with the cheerleaders, get some grub, and get to our seats while they're still doing stretches.

It's the so-called "bestest Jets fans in the blue-collar world who have no money but have tattoos" who stay in the parking lots too long. They're not there for the game; they're there to get piss-drunk and ruin everyone else's good time.

The bad guys. Easy to see. Take off the blinders. This myth that "rich people with PSL's" are ruining everything is hogwash. It's Joe Lunchpail and his Budweiser BBQ that's the problem.

SAR I