Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Crowd Noise

The reason it's not as loud as it should be is because you have fans like SAR that feel it is exhausting to cheer for the D everyone there is a 3rd down, and say they have had "nothing to cheer for". This team has been to 2 AFC Championship games in 3 years, what has Seattle had to cheer for? What has Kansas City had to cheer for? Those places are 2 of the loudest places to play every year, yet the teams are usually garbage.

The difference is that they have passionate fans, and we have too many SARs who are more worried about *****ing and moaning than about making as much noise as they can to help give the team a home field advantage.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    The reason it's not as loud as it should be is because you have fans like SAR that feel it is exhausting to cheer for the D everyone there is a 3rd down, and say they have had "nothing to cheer for". This team has been to 2 AFC Championship games in 3 years, what has Seattle had to cheer for? What has Kansas City had to cheer for? Those places are 2 of the loudest places to play every year, yet the teams are usually garbage.

The difference is that they have passionate fans, and we have too many SARs who are more worried about *****ing and moaning than about making as much noise as they can to help give the team a home field advantage.
    Exactly. The SARs of the world think they can throw some money around and ruin everyone else's good time.

Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    Complete bu11****. Woody turned the Jets from a diehard, beer and pretzels crowd to a snobbish, wine and cheese, "lets go because its an event" crowd. Throwing money at something does not make you better.
    I had season tickets at GS and now at Metlife, in similar areas of the stadium. I really can't compare the fans I've sat next to in each. Now, I got the guy with the fancy camera in front of me just snapping photos all game, the guy to the left of me who STILL pronouces 'Sanchez' as 'Sonchez', and the guy to the right of me who is never there and always seems to sell his tix to away team fans.

I can only speak for myself on this, but I felt like part of an angry mob in my section at the old stadium. Now I'm made to feel bad if I get up and loud on anything but 3rd down...not that it's stopping me. Nice people, sure...but not who I want to unleash with on Sundays...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    From a fan perspective there are quitters and there are heroes.

Quitter: Had great seats down low between the 30's in Giants Stadium, sold half of them for a profit each season, attended the other half for free. Soon as PSL's were launched and they actually had to pay money for their seats they took off. Sits on couch, chomps pretzels, spends 3 hours at home with the wife and kids.

Hero: had crappy seats in the upper deck end zones in Giants Stadium, wait listed for a decade, no movement. Soon as PSL's were launched they signed up, writing huge checks, finally getting the chance to upgrade to a decent view after decades of waiting. Drives to stadium, sits in seats, cheers, invests 7 hours away from the home and wife and kids.

Money has nothing to do with getting into the stadium, cheap tickets on StubHub every game. But the cash-cow of old timers selling tickets to Patriots and Dolphins fans at 2x face value is over. The minute that gravy train ended, they took off. The minute the Jets said "Hey, we gave you great seats for 20 years now its someone else's turn", they took off. The minute the Jets didn't make the playoffs after back to back AFCCG's, they took off. They suck. They have no right to criticize those of us that actually make an effort.

SAR I
    The word hero is not applicable here. A more accurate word can be found below in my sig.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsCrazey View Post
    The fans have showed up for 1 game in the entire Rex Ryan era. That was the home game in 2009 vs. New England in the old stadium.
    That's because the Jets have shown up for 1 game in the entire Rex Ryan era.

Rex was never again able to get that 100% effort from his team, thus he never got that 100% effort from the fans.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    Exactly. The SARs of the world think they can throw some money around and ruin everyone else's good time.
    We didn't want to throw money around. We were forced to.

The Jets twisted our arms, blackmailed us, and we begrudgingly forked over tens of thousands of dollars per family that we didn't want to.

That makes us loyal. That makes us heroes. You should be proud of us. Instead you call us foul names.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by EZV View Post
    I had season tickets at GS and now at Metlife, in similar areas of the stadium. I really can't compare the fans I've sat next to in each. Now, I got the guy with the fancy camera in front of me just snapping photos all game, the guy to the left of me who STILL pronouces 'Sanchez' as 'Sonchez', and the guy to the right of me who is never there and always seems to sell his tix to away team fans.

I can only speak for myself on this, but I felt like part of an angry mob in my section at the old stadium. Now I'm made to feel bad if I get up and loud on anything but 3rd down...not that it's stopping me. Nice people, sure...but not who I want to unleash with on Sundays...
    It varies by section, luck of the draw.

In my section, it's the same mix I had in GS, mostly super-vocal, very passionate, I lead the high-fives, everyone has a great time. But want to know who's even more raucous? The Club seaters right next to us. There goes the wine & cheese theory.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by VERMONT JET View Post
    You know what else helps? Effort by the fans.
    ^^^This ^^^

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post

If the team was good enough to win 4 playoff games against the likes of Manning, Rivers, and Brady then surely they could figure out a way to average more than 9 wins every year.

They have the talent. They don't try hard. They don't give 100%. Jets fans see this. It makes us angry. We have higher standards. It comes with going to the very AFCCG'S you want us to praise them so much for.

As a Mets fan, you don't understand this. So I post it for others to read.

SAR I
    Last edited by SAR I; 09-25-2012 at 01:21 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    ^^^This ^^^
    I'm sorry, where are your season tickets located again?

Thought so.

Show up or shut up.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I'm sorry, where are your season tickets located again?

Thought so.

Show up or shut up.

SAR I
    Blow me.
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 09-25-2012 at 01:31 PM.

Veteran
    Blow me...
    Don't tempt him....

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson View Post
    Don't tempt him....

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    LOL, you're right.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianNY View Post
    Most of the time when I try to make noise on defense at MetLife I get yelled at.
    Do you sit in SAR's section?

EDIT: Should have read the entire thread first

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Blow me.
    Put a webcam atop your pretzel bowl so we can critique you when we're back from the game. Lets see how you cheer. Lets see how many times you flip the channel. Lets see how many personal phone calls and texts you respond to. Lets see how much noise you make on third down.

7 Sundays in a 16 week period I'm spending $5000 and 7 hours away from my wife and daughter with a bunch of face painted drunks and I have to take sh*t from a pretzel-eating couch jockey? I don't think so.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post

I attended 12 Jets Patriots contests in 13 years up in Foxboro and they've got the same type of fan mix in Gillette as we now have here in MetLife and they consistently win 13 games a season and we only manage 9 and somehow it's my fault, it's the paying customers who make an effort and show up that are to blame.

So many Mets fans, so little clue about what it takes to win Championships. If you listened to them, all we need are louder fans, green plastic seats, the name "Jets" on the facade, and a Queens zip code and look out, it's Lombardi time.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Put a webcam atop your pretzel bowl so we can critique you when we're back from the game. Lets see how you cheer. Lets see how many times you flip the channel. Lets see how many personal phone calls and texts you respond to. Lets see how much noise you make on third down.

7 Sundays in a 16 week period I'm spending $5000 and 7 hours away from my wife and daughter with a bunch of face painted drunks and I have to take sh*t from a pretzel-eating couch jockey? I don't think so.

SAR I
    Blow me - you ain't sh_t.

I don't care how much money you spend p_ssyboy, you are no more a fan then anyone else here - remember that.

You think your sh_t don't stink? F_ck off punk.

As far as a pretzel eating couch jockey goes, look in the mirror fatboy.

I am in the gym 7 days a week 3 hours a day and I guarantee you I can break your pencil-neck.
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 09-25-2012 at 02:01 PM.

So many Mets fans, so little clue about what it takes to win Championships. If you listened to them, all we need are louder fans, green plastic seats, the name "Jets" on the facade, and a Queens zip code and look out, it's Lombardi time.

SAR I

well, that and Matt Leinart

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post

Still funny....

Jets Insider VIP
    I attended 12 Jets Patriots contests in 13 years up in Foxboro and they've got the same type of fan mix in Gillette as we now have here in MetLife and they consistently win 13 games a season and we only manage 9 and somehow it's my fault, it's the paying customers who make an effort and show up that are to blame.

SAR I
    mediocrity abounds no question. Our player development will ensure we never win a SB.

I know you hate REX but the reality is..after 3 years..his ROOKIE record is way above average and like Parcells, Billicke, he should be given time to develop and learn.

Tanny? Well Im off that band wagon.