Thread: Santana

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Santana

Should the Mets buy out Santana's contract and set him free? I frankly say buy him out and cut him. He will never be a complete pitcher again it is over for him.

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MnJetFan View Post
    Should the Mets buy out Santana's contract and set him free? I frankly say buy him out and cut him. He will never be a complete pitcher again it is over for him.

So the Mets should pay Santana for next season and don't get 150 innings out of him?

Up until now i didn't think we could have a worse GM than Alderson.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Santana's a Met next season. Only way out of it is if the Mets trade him for nothing to the Red Sox or Yankees and even then they still have to pay at least 60% of his salary.

To be fair, I think the original move by the Mets of getting Santana was the right call. He pitched excellent his first couple seasons with the Mets problem was the rest of the team choking horribly and Minaya and now Alderson making stupid decisions.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I mean, even if he's only good for 150 innings next year, it seems beneficial to get those 150 innings since we're already paying for it. I don't see the point of cutting him loose, it only makes the team worse.

Bay, on the other hand......

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    I mean, even if he's only good for 150 innings next year, it seems beneficial to get those 150 innings since we're already paying for it. I don't see the point of cutting him loose, it only makes the team worse.

Bay, on the other hand......
    we need to move on from both of them...i dont think salvaging anything is something fans or org should be interested in...