Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 272

Thread: REPLACEMENT REFS ARE RUINING THE GAME

  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    I don't understand something... I thought the review refs were not scabs. If the review refs are the regular guys, how the hell did they not reverse the touchdown?
    They want to see their families after the game.

  2. #62
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ (Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Posts
    36,399
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    Rodgers just said "having a kicking ball for that two point conversion didn't help." Ha.
    Sweet sheezus!



    I think I heard an official call 5th down.

  3. #63
    Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    27,314
    Quote Originally Posted by jzelada121 View Post
    Old refs blew calls every single week last year, and every year before that. I don't get what is the big deal? Old refs have their agendas and loved to script games, the new refs are just dumb.

    whats the problem? both old and new refs made a difference in the outcome of games.
    Quote Originally Posted by jzelada121 View Post
    regular refs sucked as well and had an agenda
    Yep. We have had threads here on bad calls in games almost every week for years. Plenty that changed the outcome of games. The regular refs sucked at best, were crooked at worst.

  4. #64
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ (Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Posts
    36,399
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    I don't understand something... I thought the review refs were not scabs. If the review refs are the regular guys, how the hell did they not reverse the touchdown?
    My understanding is that they cannot review possession. The matter of who has possession is determined on the field and apparently not reviewable. The only thing the replay officials did was confirm it was a catch and not an incomplete pass (i.e. did the ball touch the ground? were feet inbounds? etc.)

  5. #65
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,548
    Quote Originally Posted by ikazippy View Post
    I remember the play no need to type it out all over again. Point is we were all pissed but i don't remember a national firestorm over it like this is going to be.
    Thats the point, it happened before and nobody cared, so why is it a big deal now? Oh yeah cause even the NFL darling teams are getting screwed

  6. #66
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Super Insider Triple VIP Island
    Posts
    8,196
    Mike McCarthy should have grabbed the ref's arm.

  7. #67
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    289
    What are the ridiculous odds that this happened to the only team in the NFL without an 'owner' to step up and say something about it?

  8. #68
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    5,570
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    My understanding is that they cannot review possession. The matter of who has possession is determined on the field and apparently not reviewable. The only thing the replay officials did was confirm it was a catch and not an incomplete pass (i.e. did the ball touch the ground? were feet inbounds? etc.)
    Mm, I think Tirico said that. You might be right.

  9. #69
    it's a big deal because its the game-deciding play on Monday Night Football.

    it's a big deal because its the Packers who got screwed, not the Lions or Bucs (or Jets ).

    it's a big deal because everything these scab refs do gets magnified, especially in light of a bunch of controversial/bad calls this weekend.

  10. #70
    At this rate the jets just might have a shot at the Super Bowl if these stick around.

  11. #71
    @alpha1906: BREAKING - JaMarcus Russell eyeing return to NFL after discovering games can be won by throwing interceptions. http://t.co/WrJ6BUHO

  12. #72
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Chattanooga, Tn via Atkins, Arkansas
    Posts
    2,294
    The young man that works for me is a BIG Packers fan and I'm glad he has tomorrow off.

  13. #73
    @RUSSLANDE: While NFL should be embarrassed about finish to MNF, reality is that league office only cares about viewers & $$, (1 of 2) ---

    @RUSSLANDE: (2 of 2) so league office does not really care about outcome of games as long as people watch, talk about game afterwards & $$ keeps flowing

  14. #74
    @damienwoody: I actually feel bad for Goodell b/c he's just a frontman for the owners with this debacle! #MNF

  15. #75
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,548
    Quote Originally Posted by george jetfan from miami View Post
    At this rate the jets just might have a shot at the Super Bowl if these stick around.

    LMAO

  16. #76
    @adbrandt: The replacements are just inexperienced pawns in a negotiation, temporary placeholders while owners try to forge a better deal.

  17. #77
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    276
    Am I the only one who thinks it was a catch?

    The Jets game vs the Packers (Packers won 6-3) in 2010 comes to mind. Keller caught two balls but as he was going to the ground Woodson came up with it and it was ruled a pick. Keller clearly had control first, but there was simultaneous control going to the ground and Woodson came up with it.

    Here, Jennings had control first, but there was clear simultaneous control going to the ground. In fact, by the time Jennings had both feet on the ground there was simultaneous possession. Now, since both players kept the hands on the ball, the rule is clear that the tie goes to the offense. The rules don't say to look at who has "more possession," there's no such thing as "more possession." They both had possession because they both had their hands on the ball and the tie goes to the receiver. (the Cromartie Austin simultaneous catch the first game of 2011 comes to mind as well.)

    I simple don't care that one player had the ball closer to the chest while the other player had hands on the ball because the rules don't differentiate to which player had better possession.
    Last edited by positive; 09-25-2012 at 01:27 AM.

  18. #78
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    11,619
    Quote Originally Posted by positive View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks it was a catch?

    The Jets game vs the Packers (Packers won 6-3) in 2010 comes to mind. Keller caught two balls but as he was going to the ground Woodson came up with it and it was ruled a pick. Keller clearly had control first, but there was simultaneous control going to the ground and Woodson came up with it.

    Here, Jennings had control first, but there was clear simultaneous control going to the ground. In fact, by the time Jennings had both feet on the ground there was simultaneous possession. Now, since both players kept the hands on the ball, the rule is clear that the tie goes to the offense. The rules don't say to look at who has "more possession," there's no such thing as "more possession." They both had possession because they both had their hands on the ball and the tie goes to the receiver. (the Cromartie Austin simultaneous catch the first game of 2011 comes to mind as well.)

    I simple don't care that one player had the ball closer to the chest while the other player had hands on the ball because the rules don't differentiate to which player had better possession.
    Tate had his arm around Jennings, not the ball, as they went to the ground. The back of his forearm was touching the ball. The official had a clear view of this. I'm convinced that he signaled TD thinking the Packers had scored a TD.

  19. #79
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    light-years ahead
    Posts
    2,435
    If the replacements do their jobs properly nobody remembers.

    If they butcher a game bad enough they make NFL history and nobody forgets.

    Hope Dallas is next to get shafted on MNF.

  20. #80
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    276
    Quote Originally Posted by isired View Post
    Tate had his arm around Jennings, not the ball, as they went to the ground. The back of his forearm was touching the ball. The official had a clear view of this. I'm convinced that he signaled TD thinking the Packers had scored a TD.
    I didn't see that at all. I saw tate with his left hand between Jennings' two hands and the right hand on top of the ball. I saw Tate with both hands on the ball. Jennings did wrestle the ball away somewhat, but that was about three seconds after they were both lying on the ground with simultaneous possession. The play was over at that point.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us