Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: REPLACEMENT REFS ARE RUINING THE GAME

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    I dont care what they are paid...the 150K for part time work didn't phase me except in that it seems pretty good. I understand its the guaranteed pension and refs ability to NOT be fired as issues.

as an aside....I've heard your point before but IMO a 500K or 1M bribe will cross the mind of a dishonest person earning 30K or 500K. No one is suggesting these guys take a pay cut. I imagine they are all working millionaires anyway.
    I disagree. It's a lot less likely if it jeopardizes his ability to make another 500k the next year, and the year after that, etc and have a nice pension when he retired.

He has a lot more to lose in the long run, than in the short run in that situation. It's also a lot less likely, that his co-workers will not have any part of it and will monitor each other, whereas right now, I wouldn't be surprised if entire teams are in it and split a huge pot. They have all the incentive in the world to take it, and little not too. They have no guarantee of a job long term, and for some it's their one big chance to strike big and probably set up their wives, children, mothers, sick kids, etc....for life.
    Last edited by Whichfan; 09-25-2012 at 08:22 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    Not at all I just don't see the reason to stoop to "you must be drunk" when losing an argument. If you can't admit you're wrong at this point you are embarrassing yourself. I gave you an excerpt from an NFL rule book of the exact same scenario. As stated many times before that you are the one insinuating who comes down first matters. It doesn't. In this rule or any other. Take your medicine dude.
    +1

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    How about Godells unsigned letter statement, what a joke, the owners care....about $$$$$$ thats it. Hes their front man

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Every player that ever played and every coach that ever coached and every fan that ever watched saw Tammi Brady fumble away the Patriot season in the snow vs the Raiders in the most obvious fumble in NFL history..

Didnt stop non-replacement incompetant buffoon part timer Walt Coleman from royally screwing the call up and handing his patriot darlings a playoff win

Ill take these new part timers any day

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2
    Im with you

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    +1
    Did you just plus 1 your post?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    Did you just plus 1 your post?
    +1

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyJet View Post
    Ive been a football fan for 40 years now and Have suffered mostly being a Jet fan but alll that kidding aside, this is the worst year Ive ever seen as far as officiating goes. The NFL is a billion dollar business and these guys through no fault of their own are ruining the games. Its ridiculous. It needs to change in a hurry.
    two words, Ron Winter

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Every player that ever played and every coach that ever coached and every fan that ever watched saw Tammi Brady fumble away the Patriot season in the snow vs the Raiders in the most obvious fumble in NFL history..

Didnt stop non-replacement incompetant buffoon part timer Walt Coleman from royally screwing the call up and handing his patriot darlings a playoff win

Ill take these new part timers any day

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2
    Sucky rule, correctly called.

I'm sure you were EQUALLY up in arms when the same call went the Jets' way vs. the Pats earlier the same season.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Sucky rule, correctly called.

I'm sure you were EQUALLY up in arms when the same call went the Jets' way vs. the Pats earlier the same season.
    There is nothing wrong with the Tuck Rule. The problem in that situation is that the refs made the incorrect call under the rule.

Brady had both hands on the ball when he was hit by Woodson and, thus, under the rule, he was not in the act of throwing. But that doesn't matter now anyway.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyJet View Post
    How about Godells unsigned letter statement, what a joke, the owners care....about $$$$$$ thats it. Hes their front man
    You would think that ANY owner with half a brain would see how the replacements were killing the game. Of course, Woody wanted to dig in, even after the Monday night debacle, according to this report.

After Monday night’s Seahawks-Packers game, the last play of which a surprising number of people (of course, “one” would be a surprising number of people) believe was called correctly, multiple NFL owners were inclined to keep fighting the locked-out officials.

Judy Battista of the New York Times reports that Panthers owner Jerry Richardson and Jets owner Woody Johnson initially wanted to dig in. Others, like Patriots owner Robert Kraft and Giants co-owner John Mara, were concerned that damage was being done to the NFL.

read more... http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...night-debacle/

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like