Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: REPLACEMENT REFS ARE RUINING THE GAME

@JayGlazer: Yes I think the replacement refs blow but I think what the old refs are asking for is total BS too. #rockandahardplace

@JayGlazer: I say full time refs so you cut out as much human error as possible. Full time, can't hurt. This tonight was more than embarrassing

@adbrandt: Am I convinced the Packers were screwed? Yes. Am I convinced this is the "tipping point" to getting a deal done? No.
    Last edited by C Mart; 09-25-2012 at 12:37 AM.

Not sure what all the kerfuffle is about. EVeryone KNEW these guys would botch games. not only that they are far far more under the microscope than the reg refs. The annoucners are the worst at pointing out every single possible error.

If Goodell didn't see this coming he's as dumb as I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    Imagine if that was against the Jets....
    That would have been the funniest **** i ever saw.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGKIDD325 View Post
    - THEY REVIEWED THAT PLAY AND GOT IT WRONG.
    From what I understand, possession of the ball in this scenario is not reviewable. The ruling on the field was possession for the offensive player, and the only way the touchdown could have been overturned is if the pass was ruled to be incomplete after review, which was clearly not the case.

I agree that the replacement refs are ruining the integrity of the game. The regular refs make their fair share of mistakes, but very rarely are the mistakes this severe and of this magnitude. The decline in the quality of the officiating, and subsequently the level of play on the field, has been very obvious in my opinion.

Packer forum might be blowing up. Can't get in. LOL!!!

All League
    Old refs blew calls every single week last year, and every year before that. I don't get what is the big deal? Old refs have their agendas and loved to script games, the new refs are just dumb.

whats the problem? both old and new refs made a difference in the outcome of games.

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    The NFL doesn't care about the money. They want to be able to discipline the incompetent, or arrogant officials, and fire them if need be. They want them to pass tests, and be better trained. They also want an extra crew in case one screws up. Basically they want to bust the union, and make it performance based instead of seniority based.
    Good post. I should have said every stipulation they want. It sucks because it blows both ways for the fans. Either we see a comical series of refs for the rest of the year or we get back the full (part) time refs with no reprimands for their mediocre performances.

@mortreport: My phone hasn't blown up like this in a long, long time... from players to coaches to execs...what, no owners?

@Ted_Sundquist: The #NFL and Ownerships will not counter their position as a result of ANY on field calls. Media/fans looking at short sighted picture here.

TV & Radio NFL Football Analyst, GM - DEN Broncos '02-'08, President: Eye-Scout.com, AFA '84 (player/coach), AF Intel Officer - Berlin, U.S. Bobsled '88
    Last edited by C Mart; 09-25-2012 at 12:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jzelada121 View Post
    Old refs blew calls every single week last year, and every year before that. I don't get what is the big deal? Old refs have their agendas and loved to script games, the new refs are just dumb.

whats the problem? both old and new refs made a difference in the outcome of games.
    That is the problem. They aren't the regular refs.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by ikazippy View Post
    That is the problem. They aren't the regular refs.
    regular refs sucked as well and had an agenda

regular refs sucked as well and had an agenda
    If something like this happened with the regular refs would every body be *****ing as loud? I say no.

People need to stop complaining about these refs. Like the real refs ain't ever messed up. Tuck Rule, anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    The NFL doesn't care about the money. They want to be able to discipline the incompetent, or arrogant officials, and fire them if need be. They want them to pass tests, and be better trained. They also want an extra crew in case one screws up. Basically they want to bust the union, and make it performance based instead of seniority based.
    well in that case tonight was a terrific "win" for whoever's promoting a performance-based system.

@BobGlauber: Clearest shot yet. Wow. RT @jaycrawfordespn
    this is what simultaneous possession looks like to the untrained eye. http://t.co/e1i8r7J9

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by ikazippy View Post
    If something like this happened with the regular refs would every body be *****ing as loud? I say no.
    You are right, but that doesn't mean it did not happen with the regular refs, read this from 2010 Jets vs Packers (NFL Darlings) from SI Recap:

The Jets had a nice drive end in the fourth quarter when Dustin Keller caught a pass from Sanchez, rolled and then had the ball grabbed out of his hands by Charles Woodson .
    The Packers cornerback jogged into the end zone while several players on both teams looked around bewildered. Woodson was later ruled down by contact at the Packers 43.
    Replays showed it should not have been an interception, but New York was out of challenges after using them both in the first half.
    "From my standpoint, it looked like he was down," linebacker Calvin Pace said, "but I don't get paid to officiate."
    The Packers capitalized on the turnover when Crosby gave them a 6-0 lead with a 41-yard field goal with 6:36 remaining.
    The Jets had another promising drive short-circuited in the second quarter when Tramon Williams ripped the ball out of Cotchery's hands while the two were on the ground for an interception. The play was challenged by Ryan, but upheld by replay review.

"Don't get me started," Jets linebacker Jason Taylor said when asked what he thought of the calls. "Unless you're going to pay my fine."

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo...#ixzz27SB88UrI

Sounds familiar?

Golden Tate just denied pushing off. What a ****ing liar.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I don't understand something... I thought the review refs were not scabs. If the review refs are the regular guys, how the hell did they not reverse the touchdown?

You are right, but that doesn't mean it did not happen with the regular refs, read this from 2010 Jets vs Packers (NFL Darlings) from SI Recap:

The Jets had a nice drive end in the fourth quarter when Dustin Keller caught a pass from Sanchez, rolled and then had the ball grabbed out of his hands by Charles Woodson .
    The Packers cornerback jogged into the end zone while several players on both teams looked around bewildered. Woodson was later ruled down by contact at the Packers 43.
    Replays showed it should not have been an interception, but New York was out of challenges after using them both in the first half.
    "From my standpoint, it looked like he was down," linebacker Calvin Pace said, "but I don't get paid to officiate."
    The Packers capitalized on the turnover when Crosby gave them a 6-0 lead with a 41-yard field goal with 6:36 remaining.
    The Jets had another promising drive short-circuited in the second quarter when Tramon Williams ripped the ball out of Cotchery's hands while the two were on the ground for an interception. The play was challenged by Ryan, but upheld by replay review.

"Don't get me started," Jets linebacker Jason Taylor said when asked what he thought of the calls. "Unless you're going to pay my fine."

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo...#ixzz27SB88UrI

Sounds familiar?

I remember the play no need to type it out all over again. Point is we were all pissed but i don't remember a national firestorm over it like this is going to be.