Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: REPLACEMENT REFS ARE RUINING THE GAME

Jets Insider VIP

REPLACEMENT REFS ARE RUINING THE GAME

Ive been a football fan for 40 years now and Have suffered mostly being a Jet fan but alll that kidding aside, this is the worst year Ive ever seen as far as officiating goes. The NFL is a billion dollar business and these guys through no fault of their own are ruining the games. Its ridiculous. It needs to change in a hurry.

Jets Insider VIP
    ..........and they just effed up in the packers game again

All League
    Riots, expect them. It took 3 weeks folks.

Jets Insider VIP
    They just stole a game from GB

Jets Insider VIP
    OMG two screwups in 1 play Tate pushed off and it was an INT not a TD

Jets Insider VIP
    horrific sequence of events if you are a Packers fan

This play will get the real refs every dime they want. Thank god Goodell gets paid 20 mil a year to get us an additional game in London that no one wants.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Just an absolutely terrible job by the replacement officials, yet again. I can't see watching many more games like this. What's the point? The players on the field meant little on half dozen plays tonight, and on the plays that decided the game.

I guarantee you the ref that signaled touchdown thought he was calling a GB touchdown, thought Jennings was the receiver. They seem to get the players/sides wrong more often than anything else.
    Last edited by isired; 09-24-2012 at 11:58 PM.

Imagine if that was against the Jets....

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    This play will get the real refs every dime they want. Thank god Goodell gets paid 20 mil a year to get us an additional game in London that no one wants.
    Because it's all up to Goddell right, not the Owners he works for?

Oversimplification is overly simplistic.

Jets Insider VIP
    What a train wreck. Gruden is disgusted and hes the announcer. Mike McCarthy is furious and the seahawk players sound like professional wrestlers in their interviews...livin the lie

Jets Insider VIP
    not to mention the guys in vegas are probably happy

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyJet View Post
    They just stole a game from GB
    It's not worse than stealing the Super Bowl from Seattle though...not that I think two wrongs make a right. I agree. This is pure dog ****. But I have seen worse in the NFL.

I can not imagine what my living room would look like right now if I was a Packers fan. That was the most brutal loss I have ever seen a team endure. They were screwed 3-4 times by the refs in the last 5 minutes. Absolutely brutal.

Veteran
    I am getting "footballed out" for the first time in my life. Rule changes, poor officiating, Thursday games every week. The NFL is ruining the product and saturating us with it.

Quote Originally Posted by isired View Post
    Just an absolutely terrible job by the replacement officials, yet again. I can't see watching many more games like this. What's the point? The players on the field meant little on half dozen plays tonight, and on the plays that decided the game.

I guarantee you the ref that signaled touchdown thought he was calling a GB touchdown, thought Jennings was the receiver. They seem to get the players/sides wrong more often than anything else.
    I think you're right, they got the teams mixed up!

Bad call, but maybe a little karmic payback for the 2010 Jets-Packers game where the Packers got two INTs on simultaneous possession plays that (maybe) should have been Jets receptions.

Jets Insider VIP
    Its really hard to get into the games when ya know its gonna be an epic wreck that has a yellow hankie on the ground almost every play

Jets Insider VIP
    This is about the league and the quality of the product put on the field. These replacements are ruining it

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Because it's all up to Goddell right, not the Owners he works for?

Oversimplification is overly simplistic.
    Haha yes and there is a bright side to Revis tearing his ACL.