Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm losing interest in the NFL

I'm losing interest in the NFL

I never thought I would. I am a die hard football fan. Players holding out, lockouts, scandals, replacement refs.

Tonights embarrassment would have me stop watching the rest of the season if it was the Jets.

Jets Insider VIP
    I'm hating the Thursday night games. ComPlete bull$hit. It's clearly a money grab for more prime time Ad Revenue.

Don't ask me how the ravens play a Sunday night game and scheduled for a Thursday night the following week.

Quote Originally Posted by dmitexxi View Post
    I'm hating the Thursday night games. ComPlete bull$hit. It's clearly a money grab for more prime time Ad Revenue.

Don't ask me how the ravens play a Sunday night game and scheduled for a Thursday night the following week.
    I had no idea they were playing on Thursday tbh. That is ridiculous. I still can't believe this crap happened tonight.

I'm a PSL owner and I don't even go to the games.

@ddockett: This is what the NFL has come down to, &yet they tell you to respect the shield! Lol. But they'll try to fine us for everything thing we do.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @ddockett: This is what the NFL has come down to, &yet they tell you to respect the shield! Lol. But they'll try to fine us for everything thing we do.
    It come down to 2 things.

The fans first and then the players. That's what makes the NFL. Fukc Goodell, Fukc the owners.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    I had no idea they were playing on Thursday tbh. That is ridiculous. I still can't believe this crap happened tonight.

I'm a PSL owner and I don't even go to the games.
    Im telling you that's so fuked up. Ravens should have at least had a 1PM game, but it's about the $$$. They wanted NE and BAL on prime time. They don't care that game ended at midnight to then travel home. GARBAGE. I have no interest in the ref getting their pensions, but its obvious to see the greed of the NFL and its owners with PSL and Thursday night games that I'm completely infatuated with the disaster that happened tonight.

Veteran
    Ditto. I'm getting tired of professional sports, period. It's getting harder to find someone you can hang your hat on, someone you can truly get behind.

Quote Originally Posted by dmitexxi View Post

We had to do that last year except we had to take a 5 hour flight to Denver two time zones across the country. At least Baltimore plays both at home.

I'm with. Although I came to this decision when I became convinced the only possible explanation for whats been happening with Super bowls and playoff games the past decade is game rigging. I treat it more like the WWE now though. Don't try to take it so seriously and I no longer believe good teams, and hard working teams will be rewarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexipus Rex View Post
    We had to do that last year except we had to take a 5 hour flight to Denver two time zones across the country. At least Baltimore plays both at home.
    i think that schedule cost us the playoffs. i think a well rested and prepared team beats denver.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexipus Rex View Post
    Weren't they talking about having a rule against having games that close together anymore after it happened last year?

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Weren't they talking about having a rule against having games that close together anymore after it happened last year?
    They did and said you're not allowed to travel more than one time zone away.

I still think it's pretty dumb to have to play a primetime Sunday and Thursday game though.

I could never lose interest in the NFL, I'll always watch.. but I lost my emotional investment a long time ago.

A bad Jets loss used to haunt me for days, now? About a half hour. These guys make too much money and I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Whichfan View Post
    I'm with. Although I came to this decision when I became convinced the only possible explanation for whats been happening with Super bowls and playoff games the past decade is game rigging. I treat it more like the WWE now though. Don't try to take it so seriously and I no longer believe good teams, and hard working teams will be rewarded.
    CM Punk would have made the right call.

All League
    We are filling their stadiums and watching their broadcast. Greedy, filthy rich $@#! won't care to improve the garbage if your dumb ass keeps paying for it

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    They should have Thursday night games only for teams coming off their bye weeks. That way the teams would be well rested & hopefully put on a good game.

I agree 100% with the OP. As it were, they were a couple of sketchy calls in the Jets/Fins game. Thankfully the Jets came out on the winning end. The replacement Refs have no business being in the NFL, period. My Pro Sports gripe is Hockey. I got sucked back in last year after the NY Rangers success, and the NHL, the owners and the players seem willing to accept a work stoppage, and I was so looking forward to Pro Hockey this season.

Hall Of Fame
    Its gonna be a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooong season for us.

The Jets game was a mess. 20 minutes of action that went over 4 hours. Between the commercials and the lack of control by the officials the flow of the game is gone.

I'm sure the fans in the stands are just as frustrated watching players stand around scratching their balls as the TV viewers watching an endless loop of Doritoís commercials. The NFL is very close to having an unwatchable product. The game has got to be speeded up or itís over. Iíve seen golf tournaments with more sustained action.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Whichfan View Post
    I said the same thing several years ago out here and I was villified.

The sad thing is more and more fans are thinking the same thing and the owners Greed is the source.