Thread: Is this a joke? Replacement officials fired by the Lingerie Football League?

Is this a joke? Replacement officials fired by the Lingerie Football League?

I read this on the Pats board and thought it was just a joke...but now businessinsider is reporting it...

The Lingerie Football League, which earlier wouldn't offer a comment about a ref who was supposedly fired by the women's league, has something to tell NFL fans.
    Here's the statement that the LFL gave to Deadspin (emphasis ours):

Because of the LFL's perception it is that much more critical for us to hire officiating crews that are competent, not only for the credibility of our game but to keep our athletes safer. Due to several on-field incompetent officiating we chose to part ways with with a couple crews which apparently are now officiating in the NFL. We have a lot of respect for our officials but we felt the officiating was not in line with our expectations.
    We have not made public comment to date because we felt it was not our place to do so. However in light of tonight's event, we felt it was only fair that NFL fans knew the truth as to who are officiating these games.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/linge...#ixzz27SM8KOKt
    please tell me this is just a joke...a mock on the referees.

Banned
    To be fair to the replacement refs, it would be extremely hard for me to focus on who has control of the ball or if there was holding or PI b/c all I would be looking at is the ridiculous amount of T & A surrounding me.

Quote Originally Posted by Whichfan View Post
    I read this on the Pats board and thought it was just a joke...but now businessinsider is reporting it...

please tell me this is just a joke...a mock on the referees.

If true this is pure gold Jerry, pure gold.

And GB's Packers player Twitter accounts are exploding....

2h TJ Lang ‏@TJLang70
    Got ****ed by the refs.. Embarrassing. Thanks nfl

TJ Lang ‏@TJLang70
    **** it NFL.. Fine me and use the money to pay the regular refs.

TJ Lang ‏@TJLang70
    Any player/coach in Seattle that really thinks they won that game has zero integrity as a man and should be embarrassed.

https://twitter.com/TJLang70?tw_i=25...w_p=tweetembed

1h josh sitton ‏@jsitton71
    That was bull****. This is getting ridiculous! The NFL needs to get the refs back bfr we strike and they make no money!

The nfl needs to come to gb and apologize to us for ****ing us! These refs r bums!

josh sitton ‏@jsitton71
    Golden tate is full of **** too. Saying he clearly caught that is embarrassing! ****ing jokers!

https://twitter.com/jsitton71

And Clay Mathews....

PS: I called and left a message. And if you are going to keep complaining, better to do it at that number than on the forums. Heck let him know 212 450 2027.
    Last edited by Whichfan; 09-25-2012 at 01:59 AM.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Whichfan View Post
    And GB's Packers player Twitter accounts are exploding....

2h TJ Lang ‏@TJLang70
    Got ****ed by the refs.. Embarrassing. Thanks nfl

TJ Lang ‏@TJLang70
    **** it NFL.. Fine me and use the money to pay the regular refs.

TJ Lang ‏@TJLang70
    Any player/coach in Seattle that really thinks they won that game has zero integrity as a man and should be embarrassed.

https://twitter.com/TJLang70?tw_i=25...w_p=tweetembed

That was bull****. This is getting ridiculous! The NFL needs to get the refs back bfr we strike and they make no money!

The nfl needs to come to gb and apologize to us for ****ing us! These refs r bums!

josh sitton ‏@jsitton71
    Golden tate is full of **** too. Saying he clearly caught that is embarrassing! ****ing jokers!

https://twitter.com/jsitton71

PS: I called and left a message. And if you are going to keep complaining, better to do it at that number than on the forums. Heck let him know 212 450 2027.
    what makes this all hilarious is that two of green bay's atrocious offensive linemen are the mouthpiece here...after giving up 8 sacks. Maybe defending a hail mary wouldn't have been necessary if you kept your QB upright during the game.

Veteran
    I don't mind them ripping the refs, but making comments about the Seahawks players and coaches is petty, because if roles were reversed, we all know they would be doing the same thing. It's not like Greg Jennings would stand up and say, "you know, that cornerback really did intercept that ball".