Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

Thread: Brady, Rodgers, Brees

  1. #1
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    16,396

    Brady, Rodgers, Brees

    1-2, 1-2, 0-3

    Pretty interesting to say the least. I know it's only 3 weeks but still shocking if you ask me.

  2. #2
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    16,396
    P. Manning 1-2 & Robintheburger 1-2

  3. #3
    Get ready to be shocked a lot this season: the Saints are one of the worst teams in the NFL.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    1-2, 1-2, 0-3

    Pretty interesting to say the least. I know it's only 3 weeks but still shocking if you ask me.
    Was thinking to myself last week that I believe this was the first time that Brees Brady and Peyton have all lost in the same week...and it has now happened two weeks in a row!

  5. #5
    Despite all the experts saying the NFL is a passing league, if your team can't make defensive stops, you won't win.

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    8,132
    It's the replacement officials

  7. #7
    It's the NFL gearing up for change. The game is changing and so will the faces. Watching more and more college teams moving to the type of o the Oregon ducks run. Helps them score more points. They qb's of the future are changing now and these guys are on the down side of their careers. Breese 33yrs, Rothlesburger 30 not so much, Brady 35yrs.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by srobjets View Post
    It's the NFL gearing up for change. The game is changing and so will the faces. Watching more and more college teams moving to the type of o the Oregon ducks run. Helps them score more points. They qb's of the future are changing now and these guys are on the down side of their careers. Breese 33yrs, Rothlesburger 30 not so much, Brady 35yrs.
    This ... They are trying to move it towards the shotgun read option. A spread offense where the D becomes nothing more than a clock stopper. High scoring , high passing, no hitting offense. NFL is quickly becoming a joke. I thought it got there last year with three QBs at the 5000 mark. It is NOTHING like the heyday of the 70s-80s.

  9. #9
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    3,953
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    Despite all the experts saying the NFL is a passing league, if your team can't make defensive stops, you won't win.
    Balanced team play is so underrated at the moment.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJCAP2 View Post
    Balanced team play is so underrated at the moment.
    i can't believe i'm writing this but it could be that using powell over greene and having coples be a pass rushing force is more important than having revis out there with greene and dixon. the jets need more balance and can't rely on revis and a bunch of dbs to win games for them every week.

  11. #11
    Replacement refs are making calls both ways equally, good and bad... no favorites and it shows... of course that makes the "stars" unhappy.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    1-2, 1-2, 0-3

    Pretty interesting to say the least. I know it's only 3 weeks but still shocking if you ask me.
    Only the Saints are a bad team though. Pats lost to 2 very good opponents and both games were down to the final play. Packers are technically 2-1 except for the refs. Also both "losses" to good teams. Saints are a very bad team so far and will be lucky to get to .500

    I'd still be surprised if either the Pats or Packers won less than 11 games.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    P. Manning 1-2 & Robintheburger 1-2
    Peyton another victim of a brutal early schedule although he is more of a wildcard with how he will play all season. Just wait though until he gets into the meat of that AFC West schedule (and by meat I mean the terrible teams in his division who he is going to light up).

    Ben is having a great season. His defense, however, is not.

  14. #14
    The quarterback is one guy. They don't win or lose by themselves. Not that you'd ever know that listening to most people talk about the game.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    The quarterback is one guy. They don't win or lose by themselves. Not that you'd ever know that listening to most people talk about the game.
    Well at least nobody in the thread went as far as to say that Sanchez is better than these guys based on team record so far

  16. #16
    Saints D sucks
    Packers D is not good, their Oline sucks and the receivers cant hold onto balls
    Brady just sucks

  17. #17
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    16,396

    Red face

    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    The quarterback is one guy. They don't win or lose by themselves. Not that you'd ever know that listening to most people talk about the game.
    But over the last 10 years only the big name, elite QB's have won Super Bowls. And some have done it with avg - bad defenses and mediocre running backs and running games.

    Brees and Rodgers both won with bad defenses and avg running games. Green Bays defense was horrbile last year and they won 15 games.

    But the big name, elite QB's is what wins.

    Brees, Brady, Rodgers, Manning, Manning, Big Ben. You don't have an elite QB, your not winning it "all" in todays NFL.

  18. #18
    It will go back to the favs once the regular refs return.

  19. #19
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    7,593
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    Replacement refs are making calls both ways equally, good and bad... no favorites and it shows... of course that makes the "stars" unhappy.
    THIS

  20. #20
    Wow, who knew, the entire NFL community wants the regular refs back, but jets fans not so much. They think the games are much more fair now.

    They like games were 25 penalties are called per game, and the game has no flow. After all every fan comes, and watches NFL games, wanting to see the refs throw flags.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us