Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sanchez's Time To Shine

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Sanchez's Time To Shine

Ok ...

We are in first place in our division. Our best player is out for the year. We have arguably the leagues no. 1 defense coming into our stadium.

This is the kind of situation that gives birth to LEGENDS!

If Sanchez can play lights out, make his receivers and everyone else around him elevate their play, and come out with a win on Sunday, it will change his career forever.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Ok ...

We are in first place in our division. Our best player is out for the year. We have arguably the leagues no. 1 defense coming into our stadium.

This is the kind of situation that gives birth to LEGENDS!

If Sanchez can play lights out, make his receivers and everyone else around him elevate their play, and come out with a win on Sunday, it will change his career forever.
    agreed! Sanchez plays well and we win this game.

Is Keller back?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry, not going to happen. His time to shine was last year when given more responsibility in a more pass oriented offense. He's proven to me h is never going to be a Qb to carry the team anywhere. Best hope is if he becomes a competent game manger style QB who does not turn the ball over.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Sorry, not going to happen. His time to shine was last year when given more responsibility in a more pass oriented offense. He's proven to me h is never going to be a Qb to carry the team anywhere. Best hope is if he becomes a competent game manger style QB who does not turn the ball over.
    I disagree .... And I am on record as a guy that has been killing Sanchez. Sanchez or Tebow will leave this game a hero if we win.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Burress, Mason, Hunter & Schotty say Hi.

He can't, and couldn't do it by himself. The support structure with this organization has been below average, and never in one defined direction. I'm sure you'd agree.

I admire him for what he's accomplished since the day he became a Jet, despite the odds.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post

He can't, and couldn't do it by himself. The support structure with this organization has been below average, and never in one defined direction. I'm sure you'd agree.

I admire him for what he's accomplished since the day he became a Jet, despite the odds.
    He has some playoff wins about two of which he actually played really well. He has underachieved big time overall. QB's that can sort of produce if you have a top notch running game, oline and defense are all over the place. He is simply not an accurate enough passer and each year we wait for him to move to that 60% ration and each year he flat out makes bad throws to open targets.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    He has some playoff wins about two of which he actually played really well. He has underachieved big time overall. QB's that can sort of produce if you have a top notch running game, oline and defense are all over the place. He is simply not an accurate enough passer and each year we wait for him to move to that 60% ration and each year he flat out makes bad throws to open targets.
    First off, as a first and second year player, he played in six playoff games and played well enough to win four, and also played well in the two that he lost.

Secondly, we're not talking about a eighth year player here. He's in the fourth game of his fourth year. There is absolutely time for him to continue to improve. He has shown that he can get it done... he just has to do it more often, and I'm sure he will.

I'm personally tired of comparing him to other QB's, their stats, and where they were in similar stages of their careers. None of them have had to endure the crap that the Jets FO, CS & Owner bestowed upon Mark.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Season isn't over yet for Sanchez to take the next step albeit he hasn't done it up to now.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JETFAN1 View Post
    Season isn't over yet for Sanchez to take the next step albeit he hasn't done it up to now.
    He played pretty well in the overtime period - when it mattered most.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Completely agree with the OP. This game will either be a turning point or a condemnation.

Mark wins and plays well, I think we have something that could go far this season, despite losing Revis.

He plays lousy, the crowd chants Tebow, and it's over for Mark in NY. Maybe he'll finish the season as a starter, but it'll almost be inevitable that he's busted for the Jets.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    He played pretty well in the overtime period - when it mattered most.
    Yes he did. He just hasn't put it all together. He is missing open receivers which is magnifying his few mistakes. Defenses will give you only so many oppurtunities and he has to cash in on them. Other than that he has to throw outside the numbers more, not just a couple of times a game.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JETFAN1 View Post
    Yes he did. He just hasn't put it all together. He is missing open receivers which is magnifying his few mistakes. Defenses will give you only so many oppurtunities and he has to cash in on them. Other than that he has to throw outside the numbers more, not just a couple of times a game.
    Agreed.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    When Jenkins went down in 2009, everyone thought the D was in trouble but then Revis made The Leap.

Time for someone else on this team to make The Leap with Revis lost. If it's Sanchez, the Jets will be in great shape.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Sanchez survives the game I would be surprised.

I am predicting that we score no more than 10 points and that is being generous.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's funny because that what they said about Eli in his fourth year and now look at him, he's more accomplished then Peyton if you go by SB rings.

I am not saying that Sanchez is Eli but I am saying that it might take a little longer. Let the kid have a losing season before considering him a bust because that's what your implying.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetzIL View Post
    That's funny because that what they said about Eli in his fourth year and now look at him, he's more accomplished then Peyton if you go by SB rings.

I am not saying that Sanchez is Eli but I am saying that it might take a little longer. Let the kid have a losing season before considering him a bust because that's what your implying.
    He is a bust. Do you think Eli and Sanchez have the same skill set?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenSpleen View Post
    He is a bust. Do you think Eli and Sanchez have the same skill set?
    I said Sanchez is not Eli. By the way what's your definition of a bust? I think that would help me in the converstation.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetzIL View Post
    I said Sanchez is not Eli. By the way what's your definition of a bust? I think that would help me in the converstation.
    Maybe bust is too strong of a word. He is not Ryan Leaf. He is not a top half of the NFL QB and I think he never will be. I am seeing QBs that have been in the league less time surpassing him each week.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenSpleen View Post
    Maybe bust is too strong of a word. He is not Ryan Leaf. He is not a top half of the NFL QB and I think he never will be. I am seeing QBs that have been in the league less time surpassing him each week.
    Fair enough. What QBs with less time are surpassing him? Most of the conversation on the board that I see is that of Matt Ryan or Eli, Matthew Stafford and guys like that.

To this point I would have to say that Sanchez has accomplished more in his time in the the NFL then Ryan or Stafford even Freeman for that matter. I am not saying he's better any any of them, I am say he has accomplished more, there is a difference.