Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sanchez's Time To Shine

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    He played pretty well in the overtime period - when it mattered most.
    No he did not. He floated two gifts.

Quote Originally Posted by JetzIL View Post
    That's funny because that what they said about Eli in his fourth year and now look at him, he's more accomplished then Peyton if you go by SB rings.

I am not saying that Sanchez is Eli but I am saying that it might take a little longer. Let the kid have a losing season before considering him a bust because that's what your implying.
    Ah yes the never ending Eli comparison. One also has to pull out the Harrington, David Carr, etc etc stats as well.

I swear, this guy will be 30 years old and people will still be calling him a kid that just needs 'insert anything you want here.' to take us to the promised land.
    He's very inconsistent tantalizing everyone when he has his good play but then immediately there after falling back to a bone head turnover or a series of bad play. This is year 4 not 1, 2 or 3. Everyone wanted the oc gone....done. New oc , same type of play.

Hey he can be an Alex Smith type QB in another year or so. If the team has an ironclad defense, and if the team has a great running game and if the team has a rock solid if not great oline he can be a reasonable QB. He has shown he cannot put the team on his back and play really well if any of those other things are not up to snuff.

Fair enough. What QBs with less time are surpassing him? Most of the conversation on the board that I see is that of Matt Ryan or Eli, Matthew Stafford and guys like that.

To this point I would have to say that Sanchez has accomplished more in his time in the the NFL then Ryan or Stafford even Freeman for that matter. I am not saying he's better any any of them, I am say he has accomplished more, there is a difference.
    Dalton
    RG3
    Cam Newton
    Ponder
    Locker
    Hell even Weeden

Gabbert is about the only guy really sucking it, most of these other 1st or 2nd year guys have looked as good as our guy if not better.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by IRONFAN 40 View Post
    B.S.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    B.S.
    Did you watch the game ? Even the announcers was baffled of where he throwing the ball to. Once into double coverage and the other one off his back foot thrown up for grabs.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Dalton
    RG3
    Cam Newton
    Ponder
    Locker
    Hell even Weeden

Gabbert is about the only guy really sucking it, most of these other 1st or 2nd year guys have looked as good as our guy if not better.
    Weeden? Seriously? That's utterly ridiculous. Weeden has 3 TDs, 6 INTs, and a 60.7 QB Rating.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Ok ...

We are in first place in our division. Our best player is out for the year. We have arguably the leagues no. 1 defense coming into our stadium.

This is the kind of situation that gives birth to LEGENDS!

If Sanchez can play lights out, make his receivers and everyone else around him elevate their play, and come out with a win on Sunday, it will change his career forever.
    Expect to see Sanchez yelling at his receivers because he nailed them in the back of the helmut.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    Burress, Mason, Hunter & Schotty say Hi.

He can't, and couldn't do it by himself. The support structure with this organization has been below average, and never in one defined direction. I'm sure you'd agree.

I admire him for what he's accomplished since the day he became a Jet, despite the odds.
    I agree. I am dumbfounded by what little help the Jets have provided Sanchez. They keep changing his WRs, Don't give him RB who is a two way threat, and did nothing to solve the turnstyle at RT other than hope and pray for a solution. That last one might be working out for them, but it's no way to help a QB get established in the NFL.

Look at what SF did to help Alex Smith. RB? Frank Gore - a classic two way threat, and they brought in Brandon Jacobs to close out games. TE? Vernon Davis. WR? Michael Crabtree (a true #1), Mario Manningham, Ted Ginn, Randy Moss.

How would Sanchez do if he were the Niners QB with these options at his disposal? I'm not saying Sanchez is a pro-bowler. What I am saying is that QB is not the position that is preventing the O from performing better.

Dalton
    RG3
    Cam Newton
    Ponder
    Locker
    Hell even Weeden

I think you forgot Luck

Just for agument sake can we get past the first month of the season for the rookies and actually get games tape so that defenses can scheme against? If I remember correctly, that exactly what people were say about Sanchez after his first three games is now they have tape on him.

The only valid one on that list is Dalton.

Cam Newton is lighting it up they are keeping him in the pocket and making play as a pocket passer and he's not doing it so far.

But I still contend that Sanchez has still accomplished more than any of the QB's you put forward. Not better but accomplished more.

Bewildered Beast
    Ok ...

We are in first place in our division. Our best player is out for the year. We have arguably the leagues no. 1 defense coming into our stadium.

This is the kind of situation that gives birth to LEGENDS!

If Sanchez can play lights out, make his receivers and everyone else around him elevate their play, and come out with a win on Sunday, it will change his career forever.
    If he can hit his first 5-7 passes it should settle him down. He freaks out, puts his head down, gets rocked and there goes the game, for a measly gain. He needs to play super-cool (I have seen flashes of this, you have too) for 60 minutes. Remember how cool he was in Indianapolis those first two years in post season? That guy needs to show up on Sunday.

Take what they give you, #6. Our D may be a good matchup with the front seven. Pressure them all game with poise and completions.
    Last edited by WestCoastOffensive; 09-25-2012 at 12:23 PM.

Ah yes the never ending Eli comparison. One also has to pull out the Harrington, David Carr, etc etc stats as well.

I swear, this guy will be 30 years old and people will still be calling him a kid that just needs 'insert anything you want here.' to take us to the promised land.
    He's very inconsistent tantalizing everyone when he has his good play but then immediately there after falling back to a bone head turnover or a series of bad play. This is year 4 not 1, 2 or 3. Everyone wanted the oc gone....done. New oc , same type of play.

Hey he can be an Alex Smith type QB in another year or so. If the team has an ironclad defense, and if the team has a great running game and if the team has a rock solid if not great oline he can be a reasonable QB. He has shown he cannot put the team on his back and play really well if any of those other things are not up to snuff.
    Kid was relative term. Also, Schotty did suck, I said that before Sanchez showed up. And for the record I'm will to give him, at the most, two years under Sparano but certainly more then three games.

Just out of curiosity, do you accept Rich Gannons explanation of the interception in the endzone from the Miami game? Stating that the receiver ran a improper route?

Utlimately, If I understand you, since he's not a Manning or Brady type of player he is basically a bust, is this correct?

Bewildered Beast

That's the fear; the abiding sense of futility that dogs Jets fans. On the other end of the spectrum are the signs of hope. There's no way that Sanchez is hopeless; he probably cares too much, plays too tight.

One of the hopeful signs is "Uncle" Tony Sparano - he actually enjoys Sanchez. He was actually going over the plays with Mark, calming him down. This appeals to my sense of what the Jets could be about.

Veteran

Just out of curiosity, do you accept Rich Gannons explanation of the interception in the endzone from the Miami game? Stating that the receiver ran a improper route?
    Fades are the most pre-determined patterns as the QB throws a lob way before the WR even breaks. That INT was not Sanchez's fault and as on all fades the WR's second responsibilty is to defend the ball if the DB reads it as Hill did not do!

All Pro
    As much as ive bashed Sanchez, i think he did very well in crunch time (4th qtr and OT).

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by IRONFAN 40 View Post
    I love these kind of arguments.

Remember the sure fire INT Eli threw at the end of the SB XLII for the 2007 season? Horrible throw and horrible decision that ... went right through Asante Samuel's hands.

Then Eli throws the helmet ball to Tyree and the rest is history.

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    If he can hit his first 5-7 passes it should settle him down. He freaks out, puts his head down, gets rocked and there goes the game, for a measly gain. He needs to play super-cool (I have seen flashes of this, you have too) for 60 minutes. Remember how cool he was in Indianapolis those first two years in post season? That guy needs to show up on Sunday.

Take what they give you, #6. Our D may be a good matchup with the front seven. Pressure them all game with poise and completions.
    Yup I know what you mean ..we HAVE seen flashes of ice water in his veins ... the problem is we have also seen the dejected, deer in headlights, 1000 mile stare ... i hope Mark sees what an opportunity this is for his career. I think we are all in for a big surprise ... i have a feeling he is going to mature before our eyes over the next two weeks.

Yup I know what you mean ..we HAVE seen flashes of ice water in his veins ... the problem is we have also seen the dejected, deer in headlights, 1000 mile stare ... i hope Mark sees what an opportunity this is for his career. I think we are all in for a big surprise ... i have a feeling he is going to mature before our eyes over the next two weeks.
    no revis, and tebow hasn't done much either. the problem with the offense is you have holmes and a bunch of training camp wrs/tes and greene as the rb. i hope the offense gets going early this sunday.