Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Did you see that call last night?

Did you see that call last night?

Name 3 calls worse all-time.

I could argue that the PI called against Sam Shields was at least on par.

This is barely football at this point.

Vinny scoring a TD against Seattle was pretty bad too!

Quote Originally Posted by bman View Post
    The call that initiated instant replay. I was there, downstairs on the goal line about 14 rows back. It happened very quickly the initial surge by Vinny then a sea of humanity covered it all up. But in that split second it was obvious that he wasn't even close. Seattle was the recipient of a bit of good karma last night.

Banned
    Hey, he came within a yard and a half of the end zone.

Didn't that call cost Seattle a playoff spot that year?

green bay got screwed but if that would have been the jets do you think the outrage would be the same?

People are getting way too wrapped up in this. There is a good chance the regular refs make the same call there, especially since a regular ref reviewed it and did not change it. When that play was live it certainly looked like it was a Seattle catch. On review it was questionable, but ESPN was really grinding on the refs all night.

The reality is that Green Bay played poor enough to let that play beat them. It was not just that call that cost GB that game.

Veteran
    OMG - yes - the Vinny call was a truly terrible one!!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    People are getting way too wrapped up in this. There is a good chance the regular refs make the same call there
    No, they would have got that right.

And they would not have screwed up on so many of the other calls that basically made that game a **** show on national television.

They might as well have no officials, and let the teams call their own penalties.

Jets Insider VIP
    First call I thought of. I think everyone seems to forget how many times the regular NFL refs screw up.

You can almost guarantee people will be joking about wanting the replacement refs back when the regulars screw up their first calls.

Quote Originally Posted by Darook View Post
    The call that initiated instant replay. I was there, downstairs on the goal line about 14 rows back. It happened very quickly the initial surge by Vinny then a sea of humanity covered it all up. But in that split second it was obvious that he wasn't even close. Seattle was the recipient of a bit of good karma last night.
    lol we were probably sitting next to each other. I remember thinking "just one time let the Jets have a break" during that momentary silence between the play and the ref's call. Everyone in that stadium knew he wasn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Hey, he came within a yard and a half of the end zone.

Didn't that call cost Seattle a playoff spot that year?
    Yup, cost Dennis Erickson his job too. I remember Joey Galloway was destroying us that day.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    First call I thought of. I think everyone seems to forget how many times the regular NFL refs screw up.

You can almost guarantee people will be joking about wanting the replacement refs back when the regulars screw up their first calls.
    Exactly

Veteran
    Nowhere near as bad as Cindy's fumble that should have lost the Cheatriots a Super Bowl.

The reality is that Green Bay played poor enough to let that play beat them. It was not just that call that cost GB that game.
    You're right, the INT that Wilson threw that got overturned on probably the most bogus roughing the passer I've ever seen also cost GB the game. They would have had the ball deep in Seattle territory mid-4th quarter and with the way Rodgers and their offense had been rolling, that would have been lights out. I texted my friend after that play that the bad roughing call probably altered GB's win probability from like 98% to about 50%. And let's not even get into the absurd defensive PI a couple plays later....

People are getting way too wrapped up in this. There is a good chance the regular refs make the same call there, especially since a regular ref reviewed it and did not change it. When that play was live it certainly looked like it was a Seattle catch. On review it was questionable, but ESPN was really grinding on the refs all night.

Look, I couldn't care less about that game last night, but I couldn't disagree with you more. That call isn't close. Let's just ignore the blatant push-off that everyone in the stadium and on TV clearly sees, and just talk about the "catch".
    Clearly, the GB defender catches that ball and holds it to his chest - Tate simply grabs some of the ball when he's laying on the ground beside the defender. Horrible, horrible call. I have no idea how or why you think it EVER "looks like a Seattle catch". And on review? It's not questionable at all - c'mon, man, the review clearly shows what I just described.
    You must not like Green Bay.

Actually this morning on Mike and Mike I heard that the it wasn't over-turnable.

Didn't hear the full thing except that because of the what was called they couldn't change it.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    Actually this morning on Mike and Mike I heard that the it wasn't over-turnable.

Didn't hear the full thing except that because of the what was called they couldn't change it.
    Yeah they can't rule who caught the ball on a replay.......just if it was a catch at all.

It's ok, Green Bay stole one from us 2 years ago by ripping the ball out of our WRs hands and getting it called an INT on 2 occasions. I can remember Keller getting one ripped out by Woodson on the ground that was ruled an INT, and that part of the play being unable to review.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Yup, cost Dennis Erickson his job too. I remember Joey Galloway was destroying us that day.
    He had two catches, both long, but hardly destroying us.

Vinny threw for 400+ too.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by FreemanMC View Post
    Look, I couldn't care less about that game last night, but I couldn't disagree with you more. That call isn't close. Let's just ignore the blatant push-off that everyone in the stadium and on TV clearly sees, and just talk about the "catch".
    Clearly, the GB defender catches that ball and holds it to his chest - Tate simply grabs some of the ball when he's laying on the ground beside the defender. Horrible, horrible call. I have no idea how or why you think it EVER "looks like a Seattle catch". And on review? It's not questionable at all - c'mon, man, the review clearly shows what I just described.
    You must not like Green Bay.
    Agree with all this, horrible call by the Refs.... Lost in all this is why is the DB trying to get the pick there...Knock the ball out of bounds....

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

That is such a cheesy cliche.

The reality is if the refs make one of two calls correctly...on the push off or the INT the Packers win. All they "if they played better" nonsense is goofy. They lost on the last play of a game they should have won.

No matter how you spin it.