Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Did you see that call last night?

Veteran
    I'm in the minority but it wasn't conclusive to me to overturn the call on the field so I believe IR was correct. You could argue it was the wrong call based on the initial catch or INT but Tate supposedly had the ball in the pile. Tate may have been able to pull in the ball prior to hitting the ground. Offensive PI is rarely called in that siuation but considering these were replacement officials it would have been the safer call on there part. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by JETFAN1 View Post
    I'm in the minority but it wasn't conclusive to me to overturn the call on the field so I believe IR was correct. You could argue it was the wrong call based on the initial catch or INT but Tate supposedly had the ball in the pile. Tate may have been able to pull in the ball prior to hitting the ground. Offensive PI is rarely called in that siuation but considering these were replacement officials it would have been the safer call on there part. JMO
    Once simultaneous possession was ruled on the field, they couldn't overturn it anyway since its not reviewable for so e reason. Only thing that was reviewable at that point was whether or not the ball was caught.