Thread: Rex's security blanket gone...

All League

Rex's security blanket gone...

OK I got it our best player is out for the year, not good..But so many times I have felt that Rex was so confident in Revis's play that his Blitz packages were getting stale.. The loss of DR may force Rex to pressure more and not rely on coverage. We need a pass rush, with DR or not, but now I think Rex is forced to pressure rather than relying on coverage, cro and Wilson can cover, Laundry and Bell are a up grade...Lets just get some pressure and see where it takes us..Rex "Release The Hounds" you got nothing to lose..

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by jets80 View Post
    The loss of DR may force Rex to pressure more and not rely on coverage. We need a pass rush, with DR or not, but now I think Rex is forced to pressure rather than relying on coverage, cro and Wilson can cover, Laundry and Bell are a up grade...Lets just get some pressure and see where it takes us..Rex "Release The Hounds" you got nothing to lose..
    This is exactly what I am hoping for and really the only solution that has a chance to actually offset the loss of Revis somewhat....

the giants have been using multiple rookie cbs and still winning. rex is going to need to step it up as a coach and prove his worth now.

All League
    I love Revis, will be disappointed if he does not retire a jet but, I will take a pass rush over a cover corner any day..both would be nice..

Look at the Seahawks D. Revis and cro are paid more than their 4 starting db's and they are better than ours all around. Revis is great, but his money is hurting the team more than helping it.

Quote Originally Posted by srobjets View Post
    Look at the Seahawks D. Revis and cro are paid more than their 4 starting db's and they are better than ours all around. Revis is great, but his money is hurting the team more than helping it.
    agree 100% NOT TO MENTION THE PLAYERS WE LOST
    AND HORRIBLE OFF SEASON WE HAD DUE TO HIS
    LAME HOLDOUT, WE SHOULD TRADE HIM, AND SIGN
    MULTIPLE PLAYERS

Would be nice to start seeing the blitzing Jets again. It's likely going to force him to get more speed on the D-line too...

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    Would be nice to start seeing the blitzing Jets again. It's likely going to force him to get more speed on the D-line too...
    I wouldn't mind seeing more of Demario Davis either, considering he is the fastest LB'er we have....

"Let's just get more pressure."

Sure, no problem. They'll get right on that.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    the giants have been using multiple rookie cbs and still winning. rex is going to need to step it up as a coach and prove his worth now.
    you still driving that broken down gas guzzler GMC truck?

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Jet Fan View Post
    agree 100% NOT TO MENTION THE PLAYERS WE LOST
    AND HORRIBLE OFF SEASON WE HAD DUE TO HIS
    LAME HOLDOUT, WE SHOULD TRADE HIM, AND SIGN
    MULTIPLE PLAYERS
    WHAT
    PLAYERS DID
    WE LOSE
    ?

Jets Insider VIP
    who do we have to send the PM to in order to get rid of this clown?

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    you still driving that broken down gas guzzler GMC truck?
    you have me mistaken for someone else.not that its any of your bsuiness but i drive an audi q5. sorry

Quote Originally Posted by jets80 View Post
    OK I got it our best player is out for the year, not good..But so many times I have felt that Rex was so confident in Revis's play that his Blitz packages were getting stale.. The loss of DR may force Rex to pressure more and not rely on coverage. We need a pass rush, with DR or not, but now I think Rex is forced to pressure rather than relying on coverage, cro and Wilson can cover, Laundry and Bell are a up grade...Lets just get some pressure and see where it takes us..Rex "Release The Hounds" you got nothing to lose..
    Totally agree with this view